Heads battered with all these products

howard wolowitz

1 hour ago, Shumroom said:

24.4/3 = 8.13mg/l this is the ideal amount of Magnesium for the amount of Calcium in your water :) 

Since you already have 3.48mg/l you only need to add 4.65mg/l of Magnesium.

You can do this using Epsom salts or mono Magnesium ;) 

Let us know which you’ll use,

as there’s one more calculation to be made as they are both still only a % of pure Mg

Atb

:yinyang:

Thankyou that's excellent :thumsup: ...but I have no idea what one to get lol so going to have a look.

So glad i came here, I'd have made loads of mistakes otherwise.

Edited by howard wolowitz
  • Like 2

you'll hear this ca:mg ratio mentioned a lot on here as a lot of uk water is hard - ideally ratio wants to be 3:1

a pinch of epsom salts will bring you close.

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 2

As the thread grows you'll have more of what you don't need, but you will want the compost mix to be light, and light on nutrient if starting seed, and autos can be finicky. 

One thing I would recommend is to spray for creepy crawlies in the early stages. You can add a few drops of sea weed extract for a foliar feed too, seeing as it's been mentioned. It'd be no harm to keep a few different chemicals, but one hard type, abamectin/ivermectin. 

Most folks will have a heat mat and, or an oil rad for the winter. Some might want the extra bit of Cal/Mag, growing under LED's.

• Like 2

Hey Howie

So far I've been Bio Bizz all the way .... Got All Mix and I bought a starter 3 pack with Grow/top/bloom 250ml each.... recently bought 1ltr of fish mix and 1ltr of Alg-A-Mic. :)

I've been very happy with the results so far .... next one i'll buy will be a seaweed mix :)

• Like 2

80% of the products on the market are unnecessary imo sure lots of them contain ingredients that are good for your plants but are they needed? I dont think so, your environment is by far the most important factor when it comes to growing decent weed. 

Keep it simple it works :)

Edited by Revive
  • Like 5
18 hours ago, Shumroom said:

You can usually pick up Epsom salts from a chemist shop,

but mono Mg will be a ‘grow shop’ purchase :) 

Atb

I will be putting a grow shop order in later on so I will go with the mono Mg.

Also changed my mind about the BioBizz and will start with canna.

(Mainly because most people who Ive found that have used both seem to stick with Canna and the auto-flower issues people have mentioned)

• Like 2
3 hours ago, handysmoker said:

Hey Howie

So far I've been Bio Bizz all the way .... Got All Mix and I bought a starter 3 pack with Grow/top/bloom 250ml each.... recently bought 1ltr of fish mix and 1ltr of Alg-A-Mic. :)

I've been very happy with the results so far .... next one i'll buy will be a seaweed mix :)

I just had a look at your grow dairy for the Northern lights aka 4 Towers of head lol

looked like excellent results mate, lovely photos too.

• Like 2
Just now, howard wolowitz said:

I will be putting a grow shop order in later on so I will go with the mono Mg.

Also changed my mind about the BioBizz and will start with canna.

(Mainly because most people who Ive found that have used both seem to stick with Canna and the auto-flower issues people have mentioned)

I use both now,both for first time and i think i stay with canna.I think got some problem with my all mix cuse every planat have some pacth on nearly every leaf from the beginning plus today i find some black flies and i think it comne from the soil.In big tent where i use canna terra professional soil not had any problem at all.I am not say biobizz not good maybe where i get the all mix they storaged uncorectly i dont know but becuse i not have any issue with canna and my plant looks nice and healthy with it thats why stay with canna.But i'll use some biobizz stuff like alg a mic,bio heaven and microbes make plant and soil healthy.

• Like 2

BioBizz light mix is the better of the two, I've tried a load of soils but light mix has been the best so far. Less nutes the better as long it has enough to get you though each potting up stages.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 5
Just now, Military Grade said:

BioBizz light mix is the better of the two, I've tried a load of soils but light mix has been the best so far. Less nutes the better as long it has enough to get you though each potting up stages.

For next  i wanna do like start seedling with canna seed mix soil and after repoting to professional plus when they about 4 weeks old

• Like 1

I've always used Biobizz light mix soil so I can only comment on that but I always grow relatively big yields with it ( my comparison is primarily based on what I see on grow diaries). I'd still regard myself as a novice but I can tell you feeds I use - Advanced nutrients Micro, Grow & Bloom throughout, BioBizz Cal Mag, Doff seaweed extract, Advanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice for the first 2 weeks of germination & flowering & Canna PK13/14. My findings are Advanced Nutrients do exaggerate how much per ml of feed you need to give them though.           

• Like 2

Google will find you the best deals.

If your looking for customer service that’s a different thing altogether :) 

Here’s a couple of suppliers I have used and generally had a good experience with:

Elixir Garden Supplies
Greens Horticulture

Hull Hydroponics

London Grow

Atb

• Like 4

Little update ...

Id like to thank everyone who has posted in my thread firstly

Thanks for all the help guys :yep:

I'm pretty much sorted just need to get some PH +-- and work out what pest sprays I need

and how to balance the Ca Mg levels  ( how to do the math)

then i will fire it all up for a few days and do some tests

100x100 Mars tent

Migro aray 3

Spider farmer intelligent fan

Gorilla cookies and purple punch is on the menu

• Like 3