Heads battered with all these products

howard wolowitz

Hi guys

Theres so many nutrients products out there I'm finding it hard to work out what I actually need and whats just hype or marketing 

I just want to keep it simple so I'm going with Biobiz all mix soil for now.

based on this what do you think i will need in terms of additives/nutrition for the whole grow?

cheera guys

• Like 1

Yeah as @KC says really. 
It’s ridiculous how many different products there are. Save your cash and keep it minimal. Your growing environment is way more important so focus on that. 
I’m in coco and just using the base nutrients plus a little root stim / seaweed. I’m getting the best flowers I’ve ever had since paying proper attention to the environment. 

• Like 4

Agree with the fairly minimal approaches previously posted.

I've mucked about with various boosters, stims & magic potions, all dropped now apart from a root stim (in compo) & silicon. 

Don't remember ever using Allmix, but have seen several threads suggesting its to hot for germination in general, and too hot for some seedlings (strain dependant). No idea myself, but worth a research. 

• Like 2

I use 3 things, start to finish.

• cal/mag (canna calmag agent, 3ml in 10L gets me to 0.4ec)

• base nutrient (i use ghsc hybrid bloom all the way through, don't bother with a separate grow)

• seaweed extract ( sea-chem Shropshire seaweed)

6 hours ago, howard wolowitz said:

whats just hype or marketing 

Honestly most of it tbh bro ,  a lot of its just the same jollop wearing a different label.

Take monkey nutes for example, they don't make a single fertiliser themselves, instead they've selected what they feel is best of whats already available (and works together without antagonisms) from established manufacturers and just put it together in a branded line.

Get yer water checked, see what you're starting with and go with something simple and forgiving.. biobizz ain't a bad shout at all, bit messy though :thumbdown:

:yinyang:

• Like 2

good old tomato feed if yer watching the pennies 

agree with post about getting your water tested - your water company will have your report online based on your postcode.

• Like 2

Now I can't knock Biobizz compost because I've never tried it. It just looks so shit I can't bring myself to buy a bag. If you're down the grow shop they got some other lovely ones to try. Canna and Playgron spring to mind. 

• Like 2

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help  :thumsup:

With these replies and a few videos I have a much better understanding now....They would literally sell you a different product for every feed if they could :wallbash:

Didn't know about AF and biobizz having issues in some cases .....might have a look at canna too .

What am I looking for in the water report ??

• Like 1

Let me be a party killer lol

Get photos not autos,get 50L coco bag and coco AB ph perfect nutes and some root grow.

Need ec pen that's all. Last strain  I had is hella jelly,I recommend.

Just my 2p

• Like 3

24.4/3 = 8.13mg/l this is the ideal amount of Magnesium for the amount of Calcium in your water :) 

Since you already have 3.48mg/l you only need to add 4.65mg/l of Magnesium.

You can do this using Epsom salts or mono Magnesium ;) 

Let us know which you’ll use,

as there’s one more calculation to be made as they are both still only a % of pure Mg

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1