Holy grail strain or speculation?

Mr toetastic

@Mr toetastic   nope I never tried fat bastards as for autos I only ever grew about 5 in my career tbh I find them a waste of leccy and time,the finest auto I grew was Dutch passion brooklin sunrise it was a nice smoke as for the others it was enough for me to stick to my mums,I had a few stable mums I grew for a decade or so :yes:

• Like 2

Look for non autos. They make life easy, as when you find something special, you can keep a mum and clone her forever. As has been said, autos have been off most serious growers’ list for many reasons. 

• Like 2

The Entourage Effect is where its at and pay little attention to the numbers :yep:

I have found herb with figures and descriptions i wouldnt generally give a 2nd glance  ... to be very effective and suitable for me  , all down to the entourage effect. 

So i now just grow what i fancy and find out first hand if its for me :yep:      All the best with your adventure :george:

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 3
11 hours ago, thekingofobsolete said:

@Mr toetastic   nope I never tried fat bastards as for autos I only ever grew about 5 in my career tbh I find them a waste of leccy and time,the finest auto I grew was Dutch passion brooklin sunrise it was a nice smoke as for the others it was enough for me to stick to my mums,I had a few stable mums I grew for a decade or so :yes:

I can see there's plenty of advantages in growing photo's it's certainly something I intend on dong one day. I've started out with auto's in soil/perlite medium & I'm currently trying to perfect that before moving onto bigger things. I understand auto's in comparison to photo's interms of yeild, Lecy & potency that auto's are going to come second best but what's the most important reason out of the 3 I've mentioned? In my limited growing experience I've liked the potency of auto's & I yeild a minimum of 4/5 ounce per plant ( 7 & half ounce on Barney's farm Wedding cake auto which I know I can better). I've heard good things about Dutch Passion it's a breeder I will try out sometime thanks.        

17 hours ago, Mr toetastic said:

I agree in principle but surely a type of 28% THC strain should be more effective in getting you high than a equivalent type 16% THC plant? I had a experience with a 12% THC strain which was frosty as hell with the tricomes on point but it was so mild in effect. I'm looking for high yielding, potent auto's to try out & perfect growing it in different mediums eventually but I currently use soil & perlite & I'm sticking with that for now. I've already spunked the money away buying these fat bastard's which in hindsight I wish I hadn't but I'm stuck with them so I thought I'd do a trial run in something small to see if it has any potency at all before commiting to a bigger pot. I'm not doing in it in a pot noodle other than why not everybody else seems to have tried :yep:      

Because your using the same light as a large pot but getting a lot less for your effort. The pot noodle is fun to see what you can get from a small plant otherwise everyone would be growing only in them. Just saying time important & for a little more dirt your rewards are a hell of a lot better at the end. I use pot noodle pots for large pheno hunting but the effort for the results is only worth it if I am keeping mothers & you cant do that with auto's. Alternatively I will grow a large number this way of auto's usually outdoor. Pollinate them & keep the best few to harvest seeds & hash the rest.

THC comes in 100's of diffrent types some upto 30× stronger than others. So in theory you can get a 1% THC that is more psychoactive than a 26% THC strain. You don't really get that because most plant have a mixture of cannabinoids but its not impossible only improbable. However it make THC content absolutely useless in determining the effects a plant pass when uses.

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, brock1 said:

Because your using the same light as a large pot but getting a lot less for your effort. The pot noodle is fun to see what you can get from a small plant otherwise everyone would be growing only in them. Just saying time important & for a little more dirt your rewards are a hell of a lot better at the end. I use pot noodle pots for large pheno hunting but the effort for the results is only worth it if I am keeping mothers & you cant do that with auto's. Alternatively I will grow a large number this way of auto's usually outdoor. Pollinate them & keep the best few to harvest seeds & hash the rest.

THC comes in 100's of diffrent types some upto 30× stronger than others. So in theory you can get a 1% THC that is more psychoactive than a 26% THC strain. You don't really get that because most plant have a mixture of cannabinoids but its not impossible only improbable. However it make THC content absolutely useless in determining the effects a plant pass when uses.

Yeah it makes sense in these times of austerity I will have a new grow space soon so I may run auto's & photo's together possibly of the same strain heritage to see the stark reality of both comparable period differences. The pot noodle grow is a bucket list I want to tick off & now I've got a bunch of dubious seeds I hastily got so the time seems right for this       

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2023 at 6:13 PM, Mr toetastic said:

On 09/12/2023 at 11:19 PM, thekingofobsolete said:

The fat bastard sprouted in a pot noodle so the fun begins. I'll be running some FastBuds banana purple punch auto in the new year a sample lab tested at 30.4% THC. Incredible THC production in comparison to the early the Low Rider days. The proof is in the pudding I guess I'll find out soon enough