Holy grail strain or speculation?

Mr toetastic

Hi all I'm a huge auto flower enthusiast & love their nature of flowering regardless of light changes although they are considered inferior to photo periods in regards to THC%. Fast Buds boast some of the most potent auto strains around but 'Weedseedsexpress' have just released 'Fat Bastard' auto that claims to hit 37% THC :eek: that's a bold claim is this possible? What's peoples opinions on this? I've got some beans & will be trying this in the New year so I'll find out soon enough...    

• Like 1

@BilgePump It looks to be some sort of OG Kush / Chemdawg & G13 mashup.

37% THC though bwahahahaha!

If it's over 25% I'll be surprised plus it doesn't mean much when:

Seedbanks can say whatever THC % they like - notice they all keep going up.... very few provide lab tests

Weed with 14% THC can whitey an experienced smoker

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

Isn't fat bastard a blimburn cultivar?

:yinyang:

Yes they do a strain of fat bastard have you heard anything about this good or bad?

• Like 1
Just now, DeltaMelter said:

@BilgePump It looks to be some sort of OG Kush / Chemdawg & G13 mashup.

37% THC though bwahahahaha!

If it's over 25% I'll be surprised plus it doesn't mean much when:

Seedbanks can say whatever THC % they like - notice they all keep going up.... very few provide lab tests

Weed with 14% THC can whitey an experienced smoker

Yeah I'm a bit sceptical but I need to give this a try anything 22% THC & above & I'll be happy. Fast buds Gorrilla Cookies will be the next bean to do to hopefully make up of any short fall in potency with this fat bastard.  

• Like 1

Having had a look at weedseedsexpress i can quite comfortably say i wouldn't touch any of their seeds with a barge pole.

They look like the shadiest of bulk white label seed resellers.

If blimburn have the fat bastard that'd be a better starting point... Plus theirs is 38% thc :rofl:

• Like 2
Just now, BilgePump said:

Having had a look at weedseedsexpress i can quite comfortably say i wouldn't touch any of their seeds with a barge pole.

They look like the shadiest of bulk white label seed resellers.

If blimburn have the fat bastard that'd be a better starting point... Plus theirs is 38% thc :rofl:

Off the pictures it doesn't do it justice but then again I've done 9 RQS fat banana's that have been banging yet their stock pictures are shit. I went with this breeder because according to grow dairy rankings in the 100's of breeders ranked 'Weedseedsexpress' are ranked 21st in the world where as 'Blimburn' are ranked 48th (this was my main reason to choosing this strain over Blimburn. Are they really shite Weedseedsexpress & are Blimburn far more reliable?  

I hears a breeder claiming his Blueberry that couldn't get over 20% 10yr ago rated over 30%. Kind of stays what I think of all that. Plus all the old strains that were supposed to be around 10-20% THC were stronger effects. I remember often sharing a joint with 3 others people & everyone had red eye. 

• Like 7

Don't believe hype you read online bro, thats all im saying.

Neither are what I'd call breeders, a true breeder won't be maintaining that many lines.

They're just buying potentially any ol' seed and whacking trendy names on it.

Regarding reliability blimburn have at least been around for a while so that's gotta count for something.. w.s.e I've never even heard of prior to this thread.

Its a minefield out there.

• Like 5

I can imagine the cheeky bastards that's why I've been sticking with Royal Queen Seeds & now just started using Fast Buds for good reliable genetics. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

They're just buying potentially any ol' seed and whacking trendy names on it.

Regarding reliability blimburn have at least been around for a while so that's gotta count for something.. w.s.e I've never even heard of prior to this thread.

Its a minefield out there.

Lets hope this is a relabelled Blimburn seeds then :sweaty:

21 minutes ago, flowerpowerandwhat said:

ive grown a fair few autos, most of them were ok to good. chemdogging from mephisto was probably the best of the bunch 

Chem dawg is always nice the stats for chemdoging say it's a relatively small yeild how did you get on? I like to pick bigger strains so I can get a big yeild I average 4/5 Oz per plant in soil  

Just now, Mr toetastic said:

Chem dawg is always nice the stats for chemdoging say it's a relatively small yeild how did you get on? I like to pick bigger strains so I can get a big yeild I average 4/5 Oz per plant in soil  

was a few years ago now but it was atleast 3 ounces per plant. they stank in veg and are probably the most uniform autos ive grown. the buds were rock hard and dense 

Just now, Mr toetastic said:

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, flowerpowerandwhat said:

was a few years ago now but it was atleast 3 ounces per plant. they stank in veg and are probably the most uniform autos ive grown. the buds were rock hard and dense 

Sounds decent I'll bare that strain in mind cheers :yep:

• Like 1