What is currently the best brand of grow tent available in the UK?

Casey Jones

I'm looking to change my Hydrolab 2.4 x 1.2 after 4 years as the last 2 grows has seen the yield well down and after 4 years it's the reflectivity that's gone. I know this as last time this happened I changed everything apart from the tent and when I did it was back to good yields again. I've got as smaller 1.2 x 1.2 Green Qube too. As I've been out of the market loop for a while, so what brand would you currently recommend?

Edited by Casey Jones
  • Like 1

I hear good things about Secret Jardin and AC Infinity tents.

They are the only two I've considered if I plan to upgrade my current 60x60.

• Like 1

I have a Black Orchid, I got it because it was the tallest 60x60cm tent I could find at 200cm. It was quite cheap and I thought it might be crap but it's not bad. I have had a Secret Jardin in the past and I think the material was a bit thicker and was better quality than the Black Orchid.

Have you considered giving the walls a wipe down/proper clean?

Im gonna be shopping for a new flower tent next year and i imagine I'll be going with another secret jardin given how much i like the two i have , the handling kits/bar options alone makes them a safe bet but being able to choose yer vent locations is great.

Only thing i don't like about the sj's is the pocket stitching and that's been phased out :skin_up:

:yinyang:

i'm fed up with zips failing, and tents are ridiculously expensive to heat during winter, so i'm probably going to be building a well insulated one if i continue growing

• Like 6

If there’s nowt wrong with the tent just mend n make do. Fix some of the white sheeting from’t growshop t’ walls? Cost the fraction of a new tent …

• Like 6

All the higher price ones are made from sililar quality materials so its more down to size, vent location etc etc IME.

I really like BudBox myself as the walls seem really thick and the zips are nuclear proof, plus the bars just seem that little bit stronger than most others. But Jardin are bloody good too, pretty much a twin of the Budbox in quality I think and have some good features. 

Wouldn't get too concerned with the whole "White wall" interior though. Budbox I know charge more for white interior, I've had several sizes of budbox and now I'm back with silver and TBH if anything I think the silver's better.

• Like 3

I wouldn't waste my time, I've had lighthouse, secret Jardin, budbox, homebox and green qube and to be honest none have been great. If you have to go for one I'd go for the bud box, but my advice would be make do with what you have until you can build.... not possible for everyone I know but it's no doubt the best option. 

Good luck :smokin:

I can't help but think that tents are just really obvious... what else could it be? I much prefer the idea of converting existing furniture, or picking up a wardrobe off marketplace or something for next to nothing and making it fit for purpose. I've seen some marvellous creations on here, super stealthy, surely better insulated too?

• Like 2

Just now, Hashslag said:

I can't help but think that tents are just really obvious... what else could it be?

"Humidity controlled long term storage" when my Dad asked lol

I have always thought about sticking my smaller tent 40x40x120 into a wardrobe one day, just need to find the right wardrobe, if I could find one big one that can take both a 60x60x160 and a 40x40x120 that would be brilliant, but I reckon one that size ain't gonna be cheap:crybaby:

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 3

@Military Grade lol excellent response!

You can pick up amazing quality vintage wardrobes for almost nothing (and sometimes, absolutely nothing) on all the 2nd hand places. Large furniture is often difficult to shift so the costs are very often really low to encourage people to take them. Even the more modern stuff that can be dismantled.

• Like 1

Hear good stuff about ac infinity like mentioned. Not sure if that’s them getting praise as they seem to have everything under their brand n made it simple. Imagine though them being new and doing all that they’d produce good quality tents. 

I literally just ordered a tech garden grow tent. The poles aren’t like the hydrolab I had which I seem to remember had the little pins to connect the poles. Material wise though I am happy and no light leaks like I’ve had with other brands in the past. Only little pin pricks and never had hermies but yeah been happy with the quality that when I got a new size I went with them.

It doesn't matter which tent is chosen - you're going to be disappointed with some aspect of it whether its poorly placed extraction points, shit zips or crap openings. They're all going to tie a hand behind your back in some way or another - the last tents I bought were Trojan tents and solely because they were readily available to me at the time, and they were actually the only manufacturer that offered 1.2 x 2.4m and 1.2 x 1.2 tents in 1.8m tall without an apex!! The extraction ports are pretty well placed, but only the tent "doors" open up at the front, and requires more or less taking the whole thing to pieces to be able to open up the "sides" of the tent - which is a nightmare. (budbox have tents you can open from the sides, but the zips and extraction ports are fucking awful. The last few budboxes I've had to macguyver the zips after only a short time, and cut my own extraction points)

• Like 3

Just now, GSZZ said:

cut my own extraction points

Had to do this with my 3x3. Was the most expensive tent I've ever brought, but because the tent fit tight in a room I had no choice on its orientation because the tent doors had to match the bedoom door, and so I ended up with no vents near the cupboard that I was extracting through into the loft. Had to cut one. Should have sen the missus face when I told her I was taking a pair of scissors and craft knife to the £500+ tent she had let me buy the day before lol

Made a decent job of it, but I have to agree on the vents, could be much better and more of them for the price. A little bigger wouldn't hurt either tbh, 12" insulated ducting has to be really TUGGED through them.

Not sure what your doing with the zips though mate, mine have always been solid I think. That said the two large central doors that zip together, I can see that defo going wrong, but luckily I never had to use them once the tent was up, just used the ordinary little doors.

• Like 1