Strawberry Gorilla Auto Diary.

GreenVision

Hi all, first Diary in a few years I think... And its an Auto one. :)

I've just finished my new loft groom and I wanted to have some fresh buds for the holidays so I knew it was gona be an auto grow.

I dont do Autos, I think I could count on my hands the amout of times I've grown them, but I'm actually looking forward to this.

Ive got some Strawberry Gorilla from Fastbuds. I've done a few strains from them before and was happy with the results and these sounded nice so....

large.20231019_171604.jpg.bd121518ab159b

large.20231019_171657.jpg.a00a93bc549cba

large.20231019_171807.jpg.25ec0a93d520f8

large.20231019_172003.jpg.5bc5b827825160

large.20231019_171812.jpg.8893d34a8ba913

At about 8-9 days since they popped up now. They are in 12L pots, I got some Allmix soil and was slightly concerned it may be too hot in the early stages, so I added a 30/70 perlite coco mix to the soil hoping it would soften it a little and so far so good.

Feeding them on light silicone and full PM root stim atm.

I have them under two 942 CMH for now and in about two weeks when I see some signs of bloom I'll switch them over to the 930's. I have 8 CMH ready in case they need them but I may get away with 6 if I can. Read that autos aren't as light greedy as photos but I'll play that by ear too.

No idea what feed I'm gona give them yeat as I havent brought it, but being autos I dont think it'll be anything too fancy, maybe PM grow or BioBizz grow.

Thanks for poppin in.

Take it easy.

• Like 10

I'll need all the luck I can get mate, just done about 2 years or so wit the same clones, and I wasn't a pro Auto grower before then, add in a new environment and my ... ways with mishaps, luck is a lady I'll more than welcome on this grow.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. These got big bloody quick.

I've done the first stages of tieing them down, although the next afternoon they had just kinda defied the twisty tie and gone back up, kind bent but not quite how it should work. Fiesty fkrs these.

They have a lovely stink to them.

Due to water tomorrow, I'll get some pics up.

Cheers.

On 28/10/2023 at 3:55 PM, big-s said:

i am week 7 into growing these and they are big haha

Hi ya mate, do you have a diary up and running on them at all?

Day 21.

So in three weeks these have come quite far, they are looking a little sad ATM as I have done the last 3 days of bending the shite out of them with some LST.

Going quite well, raised the lights today as the leaves are curling a little and it could be too much light. Also thier last feed was with a 1ml / L of BioBizz grow so maybe they're not ready for feed just yet. Next water I'll give them plain and see how they get on.

On the groom I'm quite sure atm I will be switching back to LED. The CMH aren't getting too hot and the temps are fine, but I suspect the fact there is radiant heat and a fair bit of air flow is meaning that the humidity is quite low up there. Great in bloom but at this stage not so much. Also I can feel a fair bit of heat on the actual ceiling itself, not an issue really but I dont want the roof getting too hot so LED's are feeling imminant.

large.20231031_085329.jpg.70de1801f07a63

large.20231031_085333.jpg.47bee8d39b8ee6

Got to say though these have a real good stank to them. Really are smelly. I wouldn't usually grow autos but these are really impressing me. I am getting a feeling they will shoot up in a few days to a week though.... Hopefully I can keep them under control.

Cheers.

• Like 4

Day 27. These things move really fast.

large.20231106_133450.jpg.96ad1e59c7dab3

large.20231106_133508.jpg.294644c48f0558

large.20231106_133526.jpg.86503eb2471d5c

large.20231106_133534.jpg.0fc8771b5161e1

large.20231106_133611.jpg.4b5c5c57f5a924

I've had them on a 2ml / L of BioBizz grow fopr maybe 3-4 waterings, but one more and I'll switch to the bloom nutrients I think. Still not 100% sure which ones yet but it'll be something basic, these defo aren't big feeders. As said I cooled the soil down with a 1 part 70% coco 30% perlite mix to 5 parts soil, so I think they will still have some feed left in the soil but I'd like to give them one final grow feed before loosing the Nitrogen.

I have some Cal/Mag to hand if I see anything suspicious after switching.

I also have a couple of PK boost's, Vitalink and Hesi, but TBH I dont think I'm going to bother, I may give them a tiny little hit in 2 weeks time, maybe a 25-35% dose in one feed but I dont feel they will need it by what I have in front of me ATM.

The groom is holding up well. So far so good. Been keeping up with the neem oil and haven't seen anything sus yet. Height is getting a little scary, as I've said on another topic I WILL be going to LED for the next full grow up there cos I think the insulation will keep the cold out and the HID that close to the ceiling might create some hotspots.

But so far Im impressed with these in terms of growth and stem smell.

Cheers.

• Like 6
On 30/10/2023 at 8:38 PM, GreenVision said:

Hi ya mate, do you have a diary up and running on them at all?

i do yea but no idea how to share it. i will be drying out in a week or so

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, big-s said:

i do yea but no idea how to share it. i will be drying out in a week or so

Just found it mate, I'd leave them at least another two if I were you, but thats just my 2p going on the pics you have there, if its ready its ready.

Looking nice though, they really did stretch some.

Cheers.

Day 30. Not much change here, but I had to make a change to the new groom today.

I've put the 5th and 5th CMH on few days back as the autos are all bit bigger now and need more space etc and the temps got a little high, had a check around and the filter material on the passive intake vents is just to much. Its about 16mm thick and isn't really made for this type of thing, I need something thinner that wont restirct the air as much. So for now I've removed the filter material until I get something more suitable.

I can now actually feel the air coming in through the vent so hopefully this plus the active intake should help out, but just to be sure I've upped the extraction fan to 60%, quite sure it should keep the temps down.

I've also switched over Bloom nutrients now, watered with first dose today. I was going to wait until next week but they are moving so fast I dont want them miss out on anything they need at this stage, I dont really know what to expect in terms of NPK needed with Autoflowers tbh. I decided on a little 1L bottle of PM Oldtimer Bloom for now, its not my go to these days but it was cheap and has always worked for me, plus I keep reading these autos like a little less feed so hopefully its suited. But I stuck with a 1L incase I need to switch in a week or so.

They are looking well though.

large.20231109_104808.jpg.4edb7ffea9ef59

large.20231109_104814.jpg.4c92d88910e93a

large.20231109_104847.jpg.cea90cc32eb80b

large.20231109_105019.jpg.63080815061564

So far the actual strain itself seems pretty solid. There seems to be two Genotype's in the lot, the majority have very spikey typical Indica type leaves, 5-7 etc. There is a couple that are different though, have wider bud / node spacing and seem taller. These few I'm not as keen on as they look a little behind and lower yielding atm, a bit scraggly too. 

They really do pong though, have a very solid smell to them atm, not sure if thats a thing with autos but they actually smell like buds not like the fresh Cannabis smell you would get from photperiod's at this stage.

Seen quite a few diaries on the web of these Strawberry Gorilla Autos and most folks seem to think they're ready at week 8-9, but the best results I've seen have been with proper growers that have patience and take them to week 10-11 so I'll be going at least 10 weeks with these I think. That will take me up till Christmas week, but I can handle that, can just take a little bit off the most mature one at week 9 so I have some defo dry for the big week.

Take it easy all.

• Like 5

I use cooker hood filter material made by Robert Dyas...

There's two sheets in the box one black one white, use both and the air is virtually unrestricted,

added bonus is it keeps light in/out...btw looking lush in there GV...:yep: