Old Indica

Dr feelgood

8 hours ago, Shaggy1 said:

Are you planning on doing a seed increase

Yes of course mate its why i started them and if i have enough i will send some in. I've taken cuts from the 3 largest to root  and put the small plants into flower to get them sexed  and plan to do the same to the others when they are  large enough, 

8 hours ago, Shaggy1 said:

the more I look I just keep falling short.

I know mate it can be hard finding something you really like and get on with. fingers crossed something good will come out of these there's a few stinky ones shining out already.:skin_up:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Shaggy1 said:

Will follow along

I have cuts now from 8 and binned a runt, hopefully in around 3 weeks should have sexed plants and cuts from each and then it will be time to get started.:skin_up:

• Like 2

Lovely jubbly! It'll be interesting to see what comes of them, there's a good mix of old indica, nice selections! How long ago did you make them? Sorry if you already mentioned.

What did you think of the X18 when you ran it? If you remember lol I've been eyeing up a cross of it, going off the old tom hill threads dotted around.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shaggy1 said:

Lovely jubbly! It'll be interesting to see what comes of them, there's a good mix of old indica, nice selections! How long ago did you make them? Sorry if you already mentioned.

What did you think of the X18 when you ran it? If you remember lol I've been eyeing up a cross of it, going off the old tom hill threads dotted around.

The maple x dc was bred around 2000 but the dc was called monkey balls or hindu death cabbage depending on who you spoke to at the time. the maple was from sensi bought at that years cup direct from there stand i got a free pack of durban with them, the DC was a gift of around 50 seeds from a good friend i still have maybe 20 left but they wont germ. the x 18 was 03/04 maybe slightly later but i bred it to my maple chunk mum the same year i got them.

The x18 was like tasting fresh green apples and very resinous but some of the girls hermied so i used a male x18 to the maple chunk in the hope of no hermies. bro science involved here. The last time i tried them i didnt see any herms and out of the seed ive shared ive had no reports of herms so hopefully these should be the same.

heres 2 of the maple chunk mums i had, i used the plant in the first pic as the mum to the x18 cross.

large.46640DSC01380.jpglarge.46640DSC01384.jpg

Edited by Dr feelgood
  • Like 13

Thanks for the detailed response mate!

What sort of plants where your maple chunk throwing out? Just wondering to myself how inbred DC was back then and if it dominated the cross.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shaggy1 said:

Thanks for the detailed response mate!

What sort of plants where your maple chunk throwing out? Just wondering to myself how inbred DC was back then and if it dominated the cross.

Using the male maple to a female dc made plants like in  the pics above that  are maple dominant in growth but with the flavours of dc mixed with some with orange scents

from the maple. 

I also bred these using a male dc to a maple girl but they were not as nice and much more dc dominant in growth and did not buzz like the other cross.

I've only  put the  x18 male to this girl above and the plants were mostly a nice representation of fat leaved night nurse types.

I did put a male from the maple chunk/x18 to a nice 14 week nevs haze i had at the time around 2010 that made some great big 10 week plants but that's all ive done with them.

:skin_up:

Edited by Dr feelgood
  • Like 3

Quality @Dr feelgood

if my NL1 x Deep Chunk turns out worth a shit we can compete for who can get more stupid on their homebrew indica crosses lol:skin_up:

fucking around testing some Alaska  m10 x Purest too. In theory, that should be a sledgehammer. I figure it’s basically a backwards NL1, so…

Edited by Cajafiesta
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Cajafiesta said:

Quality @Dr feelgood

if my NL1 x Deep Chunk turns out worth a shit we can compete for who can get more stupid on their homebrew indica crosses lol:skin_up:

fucking around testing some Alaska  m10 x Purest too. In theory, that should be a sledgehammer. I figure it’s basically a backwards NL1, so…

We can mate.:skin_up:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dr feelgood said:

We can mate.:skin_up:

in time, anyhow.  Really battling some sort of systemic issue I'm having.  Getting to the point to where it almost has to be my water supply or something in the bagged compost or peat moss I used to make my soil blend.  EVERYTHING is showing all sorts of wild looking issues that seem to be variable.  some plants are lush green but have twisted leaves, some have what appears to be MASSIVE calcium issues, others appear to have Mag issues to where new growth is so pale it's almost white. Looking at water PH ( never had to PH water in the past. odd if that's it.) in case it's PH lockout.  Water ph is high at around 8 or so.  started phing down the other day.  I guess I'm gonna make a new soil batch and send off water samples.  What a headache. Really messing up the quality of stuff.  Can't see the true picture of all this stuff im testing out when it all starts dying in varying, different ways.  

Edited by Cajafiesta
  • Like 1

On 21/10/2023 at 4:25 PM, Cajafiesta said:

in time, anyhow.  Really battling some sort of systemic issue I'm having.  Getting to the point to where it almost has to be my water supply or something in the bagged compost or peat moss I used to make my soil blend.  EVERYTHING is showing all sorts of wild looking issues that seem to be variable.  some plants are lush green but have twisted leaves, some have what appears to be MASSIVE calcium issues, others appear to have Mag issues to where new growth is so pale it's almost white. Looking at water PH ( never had to PH water in the past. odd if that's it.) in case it's PH lockout.  Water ph is high at around 8 or so.  started phing down the other day.  I guess I'm gonna make a new soil batch and send off water samples.  What a headache. Really messing up the quality of stuff.  Can't see the true picture of all this stuff im testing out when it all starts dying in varying, different ways.  

Get them in coco mate and forget all these worries.:yinyang:

• Like 1

Things are trucking on nicely with the old indicas, first cuttings are rooting and mini mums are growing well. first roots 9 days in pots of coco and 7 days in those little cube thingys.

Maybe another couple of weeks and  i should know what girls and boys i have and a cut from each one.

large.DSC00054.JPGlarge.DSC00052.JPG

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A little update, all the plants have been sexed for a few days now and i have 3 boys and 5 girls although 1 girl was a bit mutated when she was little but her cutting is looking ok.

All the girls have been potted up and the boys cut back and left in small pots and hopefully the boys will not flower automaticaly before i can use them.

large.DSC00140.JPGlarge.DSC00137.JPG

Edited by Dr feelgood
  • Like 4