Breeder / seed bank decision advice

MrSparkl3s

@MrSparkl3s To be fair Barneys were good better back in the day but now a lot of those bulk breeders are knocking out all sorts of rubbish and you find a big array in some packs. Nothing like the pictures/reviews/buds smoked in a coffeeshop etc. I've tried enough Barneys farm to not bother now but there were a few good plants in the mix, problem was that you would have to search a few packs to find it... (Dealer weed is going to be that special 1 in 1000 keeper/best example of the strain hence the likely higher potency and your difficuly in mathcing it with the same cultivar)

If you want potency from a decent breeder I can recommend Karma Genetics to add to the mix. Not cheap but well worth a look, mostly regular seeds but there are some feminised seeds too if you are put off by regs. The descriptions and flowering times on their site seem pretty accurate too and you get some of that coffeeshop quality and strength while you are at it, some of the strongest herb I've grown so far.

Edited by DeltaMelter
  • Like 7

Just now, DeltaMelter said:

@MrSparkl3s To be fair Barneys were good better back in the day but now a lot of those bulk breeders are knocking out all sorts of rubbish and you find a big array in some packs. Nothing like the pictures/reviews/buds smoked in a coffeeshop etc. I've tried enough Barneys farm to not bother now but there were a few good plants in the mix, problem was that you would have to search a few packs to find it...

If you want potency from a decent breeder I can recommend Karma Genetics to add to the mix. Not cheap but well worth a look, mostly regular seeds but there are some feminised seeds too if you are put off by regs. The descriptions and flowering times on their site seem pretty accurate too and you get some of that coffeeshop quality and strength while you are at it.

Well thats some amazing advice mate, Once ive had a stab at what ive ordered from grizzly and the subby seeds that should be coming. Karma genetics will be next on the list. 

Thanks, seen you have a few GD of your own so will be sitting down with a cuppa looking through with a :skin_up:this evening.

• Like 3

Just now, MrSparkl3s said:

Well thats some amazing advice mate, Once ive had a stab at what ive ordered from grizzly and the subby seeds that should be coming. Karma genetics will be next on the list. 

Thanks, seen you have a few GD of your own so will be sitting down with a cuppa looking through with a :skin_up:this evening.

Too kind mate - more than happy to help.

There's a thread on Karma strains over on Strain talk too, I've got some Karma Lemon Rado on the go that are nearly done:

• Like 2

Go for a strain that you have loved before and do the research. One mans treasure is another mans trash.

Edited by Danny killerZ
  • Like 3

Wow, there's not much more to say but I'm enjoying this thread and pretty much agree with all of the comments. I've yet to do subbies but I think they will be great! As for other breeders who can do potent then I will mention a few, UGORG, Karma, Bodhi, TH Seeds, Original Sensible Seeds. Dinafem/HSO were awesome but closed but I am currently running Silent Seeds gear which has many of the old Dinafem people onboard and whilst I have yet to finish the first round of their gear it looks great half into flower so fingers, toes, etc, crossed! 

I hope you find some fire MrSparkle3s!!! 

Peace. 

• Like 1

UGORG.  :unsure:  oops...

Never had a bad seed from them mind you I never bought any of the later stuff, the £120 packs.

All the others were great, Blues, Blues 2, Killer Skunk, #1, Psychosister, NoName, Premier Sweet, Disco Biscuit and the Honey Badger. 

Still have all of those in my seed collection along with the Beta Testers. 

:haveadab:

• Like 2

Just now, mmmm...nice! said:

UGORG.  :unsure:  oops...

Never had a bad seed from them mind you I never bought any of the later stuff, the £120 packs.

All the others were great, Blues, Blues 2, Killer Skunk, #1, Psychosister, NoName, Premier Sweet, Disco Biscuit and the Honey Badger. 

Still have all of those in my seed collection along with the Beta Testers. 

:haveadab:

Nice one man! I too have Blues and Footloose left but like you I have yet to try the new ones! I will hopefully find space for some more Ugorg soon in the groom and the fridge! Peace. :smokin:

• Like 1

Just now, Trashedagain77 said:

Footloose

If you pop them id watch em like a hawk , the purple punch used is notorious for throwing out male flowers and it's carried through into the footloose, hence why it got pulled and they remade it with pp 2.0 n called it screwball.

:yinyang:

• Like 2

Hey thanks Bilge, I have already ran two and they were both ball and nana free! 

One was short and stout with the branches wanting to grow vertical, the yield and smoke were only average and wasn't anything spesh. The other one was taller with a nice open structure with a nice fragrance, very fruity and pungent. The smoke was above average, quite nice from what I remember. I have since read about what you say about the hermies so thank you for the heads up BilgePump and I will be careful when I crack some in the future. I was hoping on revisiting Footloose based on the better of the two girls I tried. Thanks again mate. Peace 

On 04/10/2023 at 10:39 PM, BilgePump said:

If you pop them id watch em like a hawk , the purple punch used is notorious for throwing out male flowers and it's carried through into the footloose, hence why it got pulled and they remade it with pp 2.0 n called it screwball.

:yinyang:

• 1 month later...

When talking about breeders there's one name that stands out in Europe, shantibaba!! Mr Nice seeds

unfortunately for anyone that didn't see his work in Amsterdam before 1999 won't know that much about him but he is one of if not the best breeder/grower in the world 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave's not here said:

When talking about breeders there's one name that stands out in Europe, shantibaba!! Mr Nice seeds

unfortunately for anyone that didn't see his work in Amsterdam before 1999 won't know that much about him but he is one of if not the best breeder/grower in the world 

I'll be doing his 'Shit' strain next, so we'll see. A well-bred plant has as few phenos as possible.

• Like 1

No interest in breeders these days most of em either punt out pish or their egos are fuckin stratospheric (nae mentionin any names like :wassnnme:)

Subbies for the win these days ay :yep:

Happy wi the stable i got at the moment just waiting for a couple cuts i aquired to get big enough for more cuts to add to the harem then maybe think about a few crosses for shits n giggles aye lol

• Like 4