Breeder / seed bank decision advice

MrSparkl3s

4 hours ago, Shumroom said:

BGS = Brothers Grimm Seeds :yep:

The price of seeds is no guarantee on the quality :) 

As mentioned above,

subscribe to this site for £25 and pick one pack from the list and you’ll get a larger file size limit,

plus the ability to message multiple people at once,

this will last for one year.

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/store/category/1-subscribe-to-uk420com/

Or spend £100 and choose 7 packs of seeds,

plus this gives the same benefits as the annual subscription except it doesn’t expire :thumsup:

Atb

:yinyang:

Hi Shumroom,

I’ve subbed and waiting for confirmation.m thanks for the advice. I’ve had a look and can see some seeds available on the store from a few breeders.

Is there a forum area for breeders to answer questions on strains and show grows as some have mentioned? Other than the main area for commercial shops like dutch passion etc..

thanks

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrSparkl3s said:

Is there a forum area for breeders to answer questions on strains and show grows as some have mentioned?

There's this thread mate :yep:

:smoke:

• Like 1

Before looking at breeders I'd suggest looking at what you want in your finished buds.

Me I like a body feel / relaxing smoke, so I know where to be and what genetics to look for. But others may like a Sativa high for the happyness and creativity etc they bring, or a talky social Hazy strain to sit up and binge a TV seies too.

Its hard to give anyone real solid advice on which breeders to look into without knowing what your after in your buds because most good breeders do tend to lean in one direction. The larger commercial breeders try to cover all the bases on genetics but the really good plants IME come from guys breeding for particular effects and flavours from personally chosen genetics rather than just knocking up 100,000 seeds a week from a clone they got that's making waves somewhere in the world.

Also a few words on your grow area and your time to grow would help you out ten fold, someone may say "Go there and grab them seeds" and you end up with a 3 X stretch super silver haze in a 1.8m roof tent.

Once folks know what your after in your finished buds your twice as likely to get good advice on which seeds to try out.

Is 100% true that there some blinding seeds for sale on UK420, but even then I'd suggest knowing what you want from them before asking people to choose for you. :yep:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GreenVision said:

Before looking at breeders I'd suggest looking at what you want in your finished buds.

Me I like a body feel / relaxing smoke, so I know where to be and what genetics to look for. But others may like a Sativa high for the happyness and creativity etc they bring, or a talky social Hazy strain to sit up and binge a TV seies too.

Its hard to give anyone real solid advice on which breeders to look into without knowing what your after in your buds because most good breeders do tend to lean in one direction. The larger commercial breeders try to cover all the bases on genetics but the really good plants IME come from guys breeding for particular effects and flavours from personally chosen genetics rather than just knocking up 100,000 seeds a week from a clone they got that's making waves somewhere in the world.

Also a few words on your grow area and your time to grow would help you out ten fold, someone may say "Go there and grab them seeds" and you end up with a 3 X stretch super silver haze in a 1.8m roof tent.

Once folks know what your after in your finished buds your twice as likely to get good advice on which seeds to try out.

Is 100% true that there some blinding seeds for sale on UK420, but even then I'd suggest knowing what you want from them before asking people to choose for you. :yep:

Thanks GV,

appreciate the guidance and for some extra reference I’ve grown and smoked a fair amount over the past 20 years. I have a fairly good idea of what I’m after although dubious I’ll get there… but very happy to practice :-)

high wise I’m certainly a fan of energetic sativa but also a heavy indica at night can be nice. 

What I really mean is, I can grow or buy half decent draw but very rarely have I had anything close to what I can buy in an Amsterdam cafe, in the uk, and at best my grows have been half as strong.

im only going to grow a single plant in 60x60 maybe 90x90. Going DWC with sf2000 LED and maybe over kill with water coolers, ac etc… I don’t care about weight anymore if I get coffee shop grade I would be happy with a couple of Oz per plant.

it might be the answer is commercial grow strength is out of reach or what I hope is there a lot more I can do to improve on previous attempts. I’m sure both are true.

what I do know is everything I’ve learnt has been from uk420 and really welcome any advice. Will be starting diary in a week or so. 

Edited by MrSparkl3s
  • Like 1

Just now, Shumroom said:

For Turnspit Genetics speak to @GSZZ :thumsup:

For Eve’s Seeds I believe @Vicfirth12 is the person to speak to :D 

Alfemco I believe is run by @Amarillo slim :yep:

Fleur Du Mal don’t have anyone representing them iirc.

Atb

legend thank you 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Fleur Du Mal don’t have anyone representing them iirc.

There's @Baudelaire 

Won't go far wrong with Vic or baud for an indoor run :yep:

Edited by HazyDaze
  • Like 6

Are there any breeders on here, that breed indica/kush strains, photoperiods...

Also when you subscribe, a lifetime subscription, do you get to choose your seeds, or are they randomly selected 

• Like 1

On 01/10/2023 at 11:45 AM, MrSparkl3s said:

So wondering if anyone can attest to them?

I grew a couple of their Rosetta Stone XX a few years back and was nothing special.  The Durban Thai x c99 was nice but not overly frosty like lot of stuff today is.  

I’ve heard it said that Mr soul is a businessman, and as such I guess may have opted for the standard of choosing parents which are ‘good enough’ , easy to make seed with whilst not having intersex traits, and then focussing on marketing , vs making the best seeds possible, if that makes sense.  

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 5

21 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

easy to make seed with whilst not having intersex traits, and then focussing on marketing , vs making the best seeds possible, if that makes sense.  

yes mate, it does thanks. 

From what I can see it is almost impossible to predict without experience now. You will never know if your getting what is as advertised.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Celtic voyager said:

Are there any breeders on here, that breed indica/kush strains, photoperiods...

Also when you subscribe, a lifetime subscription, do you get to choose your seeds, or are they randomly selected 

Having just subbed I can confirm you get a choice. 

I’ve not heard of any of the current seeds/strains before though so just asked for a mix. Not heard anything back so not sure if they are waiting for me to pick them.

There are sub seed grow diaries that I have looked at but they are mixed into a sea on diaries and all plants look great but hard to find info on discerning differences in my opinion.

Plants from subby seeds always look great though. And raved by all these lovely people so once sent I’m just going to grow some and see. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MrSparkl3s said:

You will never know if your getting what is as advertised.

CSI Humboldt, Freeborn selections, White buffalo seed collective, Khalifa genetics…

All totally honest & transparent as glass, and do some real breeding of unique, interesting things.

If you’re just looking for more generic , easy growing / forgiving plants which yield well and don’t herm, id stick to one of the better Dutch / Spanish companies like Paradise, Serious or Sweet seeds.    

• Like 3

Thanks Amarillo, Barneys & Dutch Passion were my go to back in the day. 

As mentioned my grows we’re never that potent - compared to a Barney Cafe selection for example. Almost certainly my lack of skill but I’m on a mission for quality now so keen to work out if I need better seeds. I am getting the impression I do not :skin_up:

Edited by MrSparkl3s
  • Like 2