1 gram watt

PHatDriver

On 30/09/2023 at 11:28 PM, Arthur Mix said:

I reckon it should be the total watts of not just the lights but everything used .:pitchfork:

That’s what we always worked it out not just the lights taken into consideration but overall efficiency.

I wish I could get close to a gram per watt I'm lucky to get half that I end up with about 7 to 9 oz under a 600w hps :sadwalk: but it's still cheaper than buying it

• Like 3

I've only measured g/w once. Was about 1.26 from a 100w light, it is too much of a pain in the arse to weight for something I don't really care about. I know I have beaten it since without having to weight it but by how much I'm not really bothered.

As long as my jars are full at the end I'm happy.

@lildaveham yeah that's sort of what I was getting at. I dont think g/w really applies to anything plus it's also quality over quantity so unless theres a universal clone as a datum what's the point 

Grams per total watts per hour divided by total cost maybe?

• Like 2

I've said it before and here now; I think it was briefly touched upon on Page 1 - g/w is useless without a time frame. The original calculation was grams per watt per month of flowering. And that is why people 'easily' hit 1gpw, because if you put the time in, the two months instead of one, then it chops down to 0.5gpw; which is where you'll get to when you're getting good. 1g/w/m is quite a target, really. You're in the top leagues getting that consistently; I think, with quality weed

If all else is working and equal, if you're adjusting variables correctly, it's a useful measurement but never on its own. If you always include your trim and extractions from that, then continue to include it for your future measurements as comparison. 

• Like 1

Once again, gram per watt means nothing, because a watt is the rate of using power. Therefore the only real measurement would be grams per kw/h.

• Like 2

Yield depends not only on your setup but what strain you're running.

I'm in contact with an American breeder living in Spain & have run several of his strains.

His Spitting Cobra(Snake Venom x GG4) struggles to produce one ounce after a 5-week veg in a 6.5L pot for 10 weeks flowering.

On the other hand his Marauder(GG4x Granddaddy Purple) rarely produces under 100g grown in exactly the same way. I've had 130g from one plant.

Both top shelf stuff but the Spitting Cobra is an out-of-this-world smoke.

@peregrine , had a bunch of strains like a lot in 20years, never had a problem hitting Oz of a 6L and am average grower, his statement sounds weird ,got any pics of strain?

Frosty man hell,what it's like airy bud? Looks like it should have weight

Tempted to try it just to prove him wrong lol

Is it frostier then mine? If so I'll give it a go large.20230130_165551-1560x2080.jpg.6354

Edited by Herbal Kint
  • Like 2

large.Marauder.JPG

It's a weird one, when I grew it out I was looking at the plants and thinking 50g or so but when they dried they only weighed 25-28g but I did have one that gave 35g. The buds aren't that airy, they just don't weigh much.

A few mates smoked it and all said the same, top shelf stuff. As always, I made seeds so I have a decent stash for future grows. 

I have some Marauder that are just into week 7, I'll stick up a pic in a bit...

Photo is a Marauder(GG4xGranddaddy Purple) I have on the go, day 46 in a 6.7L pot. This plant is 70cm & will give me at least 100g. There won't be much popcorn bud as even the buds lower down the stems will be a decent size. I keep a mum of this & plan to run a couple of clones outdoor next year on the terrace in 30L fabric pots. I'm at Lat 37N so I can flower them out during May & June & I'll give them something like a 10 week veg first.

Edited by Peregrine
Photo added, text added
  • Like 1

Nice bud there @Herbal Kint, what is it?

Another one I'm running is Las Vegas Hellfire OG from Natural Genetics, Rascal's OG x SVF OG Kush. Can't remember when I put them into flower but I think they're at about 3 weeks & I can already see they're gonna be as frosty as hell. A couple of the bigger fan leaves close to the top of the plant are already frosting up. 

I've pollinated the 2 girls I ended up with out of 6 seeds and I also pollinated a couple of MAC girls and one Devil Cookies girl(Nightmare Cookies x Mint Chocolate Chip).

This LA Hellfire OG is looking very interesting indeed....

large.65201d9cdcb3a_LasVegasHellfireOG.JPG

Edited by Peregrine
Photo added
  • Like 1