1 gram watt

PHatDriver

Hi all,

Is the 1 gram a watt equation for the older style lamps, like HPS.
Is there a new equation for LEDs?

Just wondering. Thanx...

• Like 1

Lot's of stories out there about yields with leds and it's up to you what to believe...

Anything less than 1gpw is pretty poor though, I've heard of people returning over 2gpw but the best

for me was 1.6...:yep:

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, PHatDriver said:

Hi all,

Just wondering. Thanx...

That equation is a bit simplistic. It's like saying my 125cc bike is faster than yours. It all depends on what it is, what you have done to it and how you ride it.

• Like 1

using the same light, same amount of watts, you could grow a clone for 12 weeks and get 50g or for 18 weeks and get 100g, producing different g/w results. it's a useless metric, anyone using it doesn't really know what they're talking about. kw/h tho that's a different story.

• Like 1

Just now, Consul said:

using the same light, same amount of watts, you could grow a clone for 12 weeks and get 50g or for 18 weeks and get 100g, producing different g/w results. it's a useless metric, anyone using it doesn't really know what they're talking about. kw/h tho that's a different story.

I was working with what to realistically expect off a plant grown to a metre having been double topped and lower third removed.

Edited by catweazle1

1 hour ago, PHatDriver said:

Hi all,

Just wondering. Thanx...

Also, my triple 'old style' quantum boards are not as well spread as the new bar based arrays, so I have to use 320W higher up rather than 240W lower down to cover the edges of my 1200 x 600 tent better.  If I had bars I could achieve a better g/w due to the imprroved spread.

• Like 1

Just now, catweazle1 said:

I was working with what to realistically expect off a plant grown to a metre having been double topped and lower third removed.

i know mate i wasnt sniping just meaning if someone starts bragging they can pull 4g/w it doesn't really tell us anything, they could have been vegging the plant for 12 months and its not a measure of how much electricity has been used to grow, so people shouldn't worry about it :)

• Like 1

Just now, Consul said:

kw/h tho that's a different story.

seen a few people express in grams per PPF and/or grams per PPFD - the latter looks better lol

• Like 4

Growing a clone for 12 or 18 weeks?? 

I'd be pissed off if I grew a clone out and got just shy of 2z after 3 month..let alone 4.5 month:yinyang:

Maybe I'm doing it wrong:unsure:

Edited by Banarchylamp
Pretty sure it's a mix up. Atb Anarchycamp
  • Like 1

Just now, GSZZ said:

seen a few people express in grams per PPF and/or grams per PPFD - the latter looks better lol

hahaha still useless as its missing time spent, maybe G/DLI but it could get complicated. need to call in Einstein to do some equations and show the energy efficiency of someones wet branches haha.

Would g/foot area be a better measure? Tents are standard sizes generally. Too many variables in G/W. Do we include all energy use? The G/F equivalent of a kilo in a 4ft space is 62.5g/foot

Edited by catweazle1

22 minutes ago, GSZZ said:

Thats how I measure things, ive got a 275w par and a Ppfd app on my phone, I can get the perfect coverage all corners at 190w and yields are around the 7oz over 3 plants 

• Like 2