1 gram watt

PHatDriver

It should be the total amount of energy used in watts (all electrical equipment) and the total in grams of DRY bud you end up with. 

This would probably mean that no one would be hitting upwards of 1g per watt and where is the bragging rights in that? lol 

If we just use the light wattage in the calculation we are lying to ourselves.

I stopped weighing my harvests a while ago, I grow enough, cheaply enough to never have to buy weed from a dealer. That’s a calculation I can get on with! :afro:

:hippy:

• Like 13

yeah, gpw is bollocks, i have hit just over 3 before if you don't include my heat mat, air heater, extraction fan, circulation fan, fan controller... lol 

it's a nice gauge to make sure you are in the right direction, but not a fair comparison on people living in cold climates compared to warm ones.

• Like 1

I also stopped weighing mine awhile back and I'm miles away from 2gpw and not even close to 1.6gpw. I'm nowhere near that - 3gpw, hope we where not using the same calculator - christ! :)

Back when I did weigh mine (autos), I got 1.1, now on Fems things are definitely bigger, so maybe 1.2 now but took a month longer. If I wasn't messing about, snapping stems and the like, maybe 1.3 - 1.4 at a push if I get everything right, who knows.

I get the gram per watt is just a guesstimation as we all have different set ups and our own style of growing, so yeah every piece of leccy used would have to be taken into account. Not really worth comparing with other people grows, as I don't use any heating. I have enough trouble keeping the damn space cool.

Keeping a check now and again for your own setup maybe useful but I remember my previous grows and things have steadily been getting better.

PPFD just getting results relating to what size led for the space but yeah, forget it now.

On 01/10/2023 at 4:50 AM, Military Grade said:

I like the how much did it cost me to grow vs how much it would have cost me from a dealer equation lol

Well my dealers a scum bag who charges  regardless of how much you buy,  sad thing is when you're descreet and only depend on 1 person they like to hold power! 

Believe me it stopped when I started growing, 1st grow in my 60x120 totally trained horizontal brought my 360g, in the scum bags equation that would be a lot and I'm.luck if it cost me not much an oz when I checked the difference in electric bills to the time I wasn't growing.

Scum bag then got in touch hey "mate" I've no seen you for a few weeks.. huh "mate" that was a 1st anyway I told him he wasn't needed anymore as ive a "friend" who moved over from Spain and they're using the house they rent to grow... he says I'll buy it off ya, told the scumbag it's expensive for a gram and top shelf cali weed too lol let's just say I never heard from the cunt in 3yr and good riddance.

Edited by lildaveham
Prices
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Darknight420710 said:

ive a "friend" who moved over from Spain and they're using the house they rent to grow...

Thats a bad move. He now knows you’re at least 1 person removed from knowing a grower. He’s going to start asking folk assuming you move in similar circles. Never get in to the meat of a story with people who can’t be trusted. “Not seen you. What yer doing for bud”. “I’ve cut down” “I’m getting it cheaper from a work mate” Anything but mention knowing someone who trusts you enough to show you their grow and sell some of it to you. 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Darknight420710 said:

never heard from the cunt in 3yr and good riddance.

Okay fair do’s. But don’t tell folk that story ever again ….

• Like 1

The darknet is the best cover story for stuff like that these days. I actually started buying off the darknet for about 6 months before I started growing again. Was a way better experience than dealing with the people I used to deal with.

Edited by lildaveham
Prices

I pay 250 energy per month, and get 7 - 8 oz a grow, cheaper than the dealer thats for sure and better quality than any weed I have bought by miles. thats with a 350 led and a 250w hps (running 24/7 purely for heating)

Edited by MySoulIsMine

On 01/10/2023 at 8:15 AM, lildaveham said:

It should be the total amount of energy used in watts (all electrical equipment) and the total in grams of DRY bud you end up with. 

What about trim for hash n rso?

I grabbed some white haired dealer smoking air trash the other week. It's either shitty pheno 6 week stardog  or newbie crop shite that's like smoking air lung destroyer. Never ever again. It's exspensive being a weed consumer, especially if you buy airbud that does nothing. It feels like you've been robbed. 

• Like 1

@kc stoner @Military Grade

As mentioned in my previous post I think the GPW is pointless (maybe useful to see if any changes to your grow improve yield). However if I were to use the calculation I would include all the electrical equipment used throughout the grow. So I suppose in that vein I would include the weight of any hash/oil in the calculation not trim though as I don’t vape that. 

I used to see hash/oil as a bonus to having buds but now it’s a consideration in every grow as to how I can trim the buds to get the best return in hash/oil. 

I hope that answers your question.

:yinyang:

• Like 2