This Years ... Noisy Offerings

OldFord

16 hours ago, Cajafiesta said:

if you need two 350A alternators, that’s a gnarly sound system. 

700A @ 13.5V = ~9.5kW lol

What are you planning on using to raise the idle when it's loaded up? A brick on the throttle pedal? lollol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, latigid aikon said:

700A @ 13.5V = ~9.5kW lol

What are you planning on using to raise the idle when it's loaded up? A brick on the throttle pedal? lollol

I can lift the idle no worries mate :yep:       The 6 x 6  banks of LTO's will go a long way in buffering the alts anyway ,   we have ran more power / current demands on less and been fine knocking all day :yep:         As the system fires out the back doors it will only be in use when stationary on idle ... so i have had undersized pulleys made for the Alts and add in an external adjustable regulator that i can adjust from the drivers seat.     

We tried & tested and dont forsee many issues mate ,   will find out soon enough lol         I can also switch off the alts independently for when not in use.   

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered some custom 1.8mm  ali plates to have badges made  , the had them screen printed :yep:

I will remove the sticky tape shit ,  recess the chosen wood face and inlay glue the badges in the appropriate places then clearcoat with acrylic to seal them flush.

Im still awaiting decent res files of  brand logos for  AudioControl  &  Mass Fidelity   -  should be tomoz and will get those made next.

large_005.PNGlarge_002.PNG

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

This project is gery much still a thing , not had the time or been fit enough to play ,  I have had a few hours on it today though just ripping the battery out and rerouting 75mm tri rated super soft flexible welding cable and 6 banks of lithium .    So shes now NOT got a battery and is fully lithium with 2 x 350 amp alternators 👍    Will hold a solid 14v all weekend 🥰

A pic from this mornings visit to see her 

large.IMG_4058.jpeg.58087c2b500d5017e8f7d3f5c5fe8017.jpeg

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Loving those stickers lol

Atb

☯️

Spur of the moment purchase mucker  ,  actually go well with the reflective chevron s :thumsup:

I cant be arsed stripping the chevrons so thought i would work with them lol    

• Like 4

I can’t wait to see it in the flesh :) 

Atb

☯️

• Like 3

really is beautiful piece musical art this!!!!

love it!

amazing.

• Like 4

@OldFord I am gonna have to have you down kernow when we out a little festival on back end of the year!!nit only do we get to link but we will put your system to the test!!

fire 🔥

stiggy

• Like 3

I hope we make this a reality my man, especially as we are in the process of setting up a small event atm 😜 hope you’re feeling ok me ok fruit sending you love and positivity!!!

stig

• Like 2

On 14/04/2024 at 13:22, Stigofthedank said:

I hope we make this a reality my man, especially as we are in the process of setting up a small event atm 😜 hope you’re feeling ok me ok fruit sending you love and positivity!!!

stig

Will tell you when to put the kettle on mucker 😎

i have a dozen mates all chipping in tomoz to get a bit of progress & speed things up 👍    Pics inbound sunday mate

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

A bit more progress on the old bucket  !     

Finally got all the sound deadening in 🥰     
This will stop the bitch rattling and ensure only the musics heard !  
Its Pro Matt deadening 4.2mm thick and you can literally punch the panels and they feel like jelly lol      

We have intentionally left the inner frame work exposed so i can tie the stel box section frame to the vans skeleton for maximum rigidity.   

The panels were all steam cleaned m degreased , and blow torched to ensure maximum adhesion ,  the deadening pads were warmed in the outdoor pizza oven lol    Again to ensure maximum adhesion 

Every deadening panel has been treated to a massage session with a pneumatic metal working air pad ,  designed to shape metal by the old whacker plare action , this ensure all air bubbles are removed and its on for good 👍

The panels are heavy aluminium coated with a thin black foil layer on top.

Steel frame has already been made , its out being blasted clean at the moment , the. It will be fitted next weekend. 

large.IMG_0110.jpeg.ff4f67764b71b5c29f6f3a752d85263d.jpeglarge.IMG_0109.jpeg.eb2f249684ccc153c1fe9e701fe2fad5.jpeglarge.IMG_0108.jpeg.e2fd723cddd124b70200586a537d88b1.jpeglarge.IMG_0107.jpeg.de9a9dbaafbbdea67c96586216172c73.jpeg

Over 150kg of deadening !!!     

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, OldFord said:

Over 150kg of deadening

Gunna sound lovely dude. 

I finally put a sub in the Mondy the other day. Not the free air beast we were talking about, just a little 250 watt ported "Fli" that I took out of Mrs soups fezza. Wasn't expecting much, but paired with a pioneer double din and a wee bit of tweaking on the EQ, Xover etc it's absolutely singing. Proper shameless G bot antics lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1