Update on tent

oldleafybeard1

large.extractedsml.jpg

another go at iso seems better than last time a lot paler im guessing cause I didnt wait as long in storage this time. I will try super fresh next time to see if I can get a whiter extract this stuffs really nice tho :) from all trim and fans from previous grow combined so 5 plants I think ive got abut 2-3g not too sure havnt weighed it just eyeballing.

• Like 2
On 24/12/2023 at 3:28 PM, oldleafybeard1 said:

ah its nice looking back at how they were cause its been a couple of weeks accidentally topped 3/4 plants while trying to train I guess I left it a bit late. I havnt beenn tracking the timeline very well on these plants so im just playing things by ear a bit. The pink panama is still the weakest looking and I managed to reattach the main stem on the Mango but I fully topped the mephisto wedding and pink panama when I should have left them alone. The sodk was super flexible though so it clearly gave me a false sense of what could be done with the training. Im happy the mango reattached and the plants growing well. The wedding cake its a shame but the plants still looking ok and they all seem to have taken first lot of bloom pretty well. Happy christmas people thanks for looking.large.sodkclose.jpglarge.pinkpanama.jpgpref.jpglarge.MWandSODK.jpglarge.Mephistowedding.jpglarge.Mangosmilepref.jpg

you’ve been speaking to yourself quite a lot. lol  

so I thought I would drop in. 

2nd pic from the bottom on this post is either beginning of a Zinc (Zn) def or you have a progressing Magnesium (Mg) def. 

the first grow you pictured shows either massively progressed Magnesium deficiency or an over use of high P and K ferts. 

seeing as you’re beginning to see the same or similar issues with the leaves I would say most likely Mg. 

now this could be being caused by a pH issue for uptake or it could be that there isn’t enough available Mg in your mix. 

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, oldleafybeard1 said:

large.extractedsml.jpg

another go at iso seems better than last time a lot paler im guessing cause I didnt wait as long in storage this time. I will try super fresh next time to see if I can get a whiter extract this stuffs really nice tho :) from all trim and fans from previous grow combined so 5 plants I think ive got abut 2-3g not too sure havnt weighed it just eyeballing.

freeze everything and do multiple quick washes for a paler colour. 

• Like 1
Just now, JonDaMon said:

freeze everything and do multiple quick washes for a paler colour. 

Thanks man yeah I did freeze everything I was assuming the colour was because they were sat dry for like 2 weeks before I froze it tho and I was reading if you freeze from fresh is paler, wdym about multiple quick washes? you mean a few shorter times with same material yea? I will try that aswell next time. This one was mixed for a bit long as well tbh like 60ish seconds.

• Like 1

large.sdokbby.jpglarge.pikpnma.jpglarge.mwsdok.jpglarge.mphwd.jpglarge.mgsppn.jpglarge_mgs.jpg

bit of a size issue with the mango smile keeps growing higher than the light and looks behind the other 3 shorter with its flowers, plants I might rearrange things to try and optimise  the layout but they all seem fine for now, Pink panama is the least exciting still just quite small and skinny looking and only 4 main branches, which is a shame cause I have like 2 more of those seeds I think. Mephistos wedding probably the plant thats doing the best so far though and it seemed to power though an earlier deficiency and growing well still kicking myself for the accidental breaking of its main stem earlier.

I realised this will be 1 full year of growing and I feel like I learned a lot and can reflect on my results and decide if I want to continue growing like this or to look at altering it again. I am happy growing in soil I like just the simplicity and ending with a product I know whats in it was a priority as well. It might make sense to find a good indica photo strain and see if I can be better at maximising the space for returns, but as well I do like running these mephistos and the variety they have, I might as well but a 10 pack of mephisto wedding or something and get a few new pots and fill the tent up that way next time. I notice they put the 3wok og up for sale again which is tempting because that strain grew really fast last time finished in around 60ish days and that could work with like 8 plants of that strain.

Expect these plants will be done like end of jan time ish I havnt really been tracking the days verys well and just figured id eyeball it. I might try and work it out roughly from the dates in the thread haha thanks for looking.

Posted (edited)
On 04/01/2024 at 7:42 PM, JonDaMon said:

you’ve been speaking to yourself quite a lot. lol  

Hahaha thank you sorry I only just saw this message. The thing is ive had the same issue cropping up every grow pretty much and it seems to vary in severity depending on the strain but im pretty sure its because im not Phing the water at all but as well usually the plants seem to power though and I get decent results so for me its all a balance of time money and effort to address it. I Might invest in a decent ph meter next it would make sense I guess I hate the messing around with them to be honest. cal mag, bio biz along side living soils products so I do feel like mostly its an issue with the water rather than the nutes, cause it does happen every time on every plant pretty much to some extent no matter which brand I use. But im just being lazy and I did buy like a cheap Ph meter but It drove me crazy and I binned it I should just buy a good one and address it for my future grows I guess. I always think though can you just leave a lemon in the watering can? would that work?

Edited by oldleafybeard1
1 hour ago, oldleafybeard1 said:

the trouble with citric acid is that it breaks down and is used up by the plants which can then throw out the pH again. 

if you’re not organic you can use Epsom Salts and make yourself a concentrate solution using 250g of MgSO4 dissolved into 1L of water. 

this allows you to use at a rate of 1-2ml

per litre of nutrient mix. 

could be that your Ca and Mg ratio is out of whack slightly. 

A good base for Ca and Mg is 3:1 Ca:Mg during veg and then 2:1 during flower. 

what’s the EC of your source water? Any higher than 0.4EC before you start adding any nutrients?

edited to add - personally I don’t use a pH meter I just use the drops and I’m running coco. 

if you’re in soil/compost it should buffer the pH anyway and as long as your input is around 7 it should buffer the pH. 

Edited by JonDaMon
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JonDaMon said:

if you’re in soil/compost it should buffer the pH anyway and as long as your input is around 7 it should buffer the pH. 

yeah thanks man its Bio Bizz soil I just looked up my water and this is the cal/mag im not sure what the EC is I dont measure anything basically and going on the assumption of soil buffering the PH which I think is usually 7.2 ish. I always though thats why its seems like a day stalling at water then they recover and grow normally as the pots dry out a bit and the last run I was top feeding but this time im using liquid nutes so. People have said on here it looks like an issue with the water im just not sure how to address it and I cant really be carting gallons of water about.

Calcium 31.6   mg Ca/l
Magnesium 2  

mg Mg/l

Edited by oldleafybeard1
1 hour ago, oldleafybeard1 said:

yeah thanks man its Bio Bizz soil I just looked up my water and this is the cal/mag im not sure what the EC is I dont measure anything basically and going on the assumption of soil buffering the PH which I think is usually 7.2 ish. I always though thats why its seems like a day stalling at water then they recover and grow normally as the pots dry out a bit and the last run I was top feeding but this time im using liquid nutes so. People have said on here it looks like an issue with the water im just not sure how to address it and I cant really be carting gallons of water about.

Calcium 31.6   mg Ca/l
Magnesium 2  

mg Mg/l

Like @JonDaMon says and from what I have read here, you need about 3:1 Calcium to Magnesium.  After reading the below, I achieved what I perceived to be the ratio suggested - by adding Epsom Salts to Biobizz Calmag,  and it has sorted out my signs of deficiency, patchy discolouration and eventual browning/crisping.

I was not aware of the suggestion that the best proportion of magnesium to calcium to 1:2 in flower before, which is interesting.

• Like 2

large.weddingsuagr.jpglarge.SODKfull1.jpglarge.sodkclser.jpglarge.panama.jpglarge.actualsodk.jpglarge.magoflower.jpglarge.mangoo.jpglarge.mwfuller.jpg

Mango smile still stretching somehow above the light again, the other three are just in flower mode though and theyve all noticably packed a bit on. I want to see if I can address these deficiencies for the next grow and ill look into getting Epsom salt and an EC meter and try and be a bit more careful to avoid these reoccuring issues, that being said when I can see the plants visually growing and theres no major progression or dying or dropping leaves and so really my biggest down side is flower production size weight but I still end up with some z' its not too bad.

I will probably move to more uniform grows from now on as well now I have a good idea of the Mephisto strains and which ones have done better than the others. They all seem to give loads of trichs just as a standard Mephisto trait and I can see myself doing a tent full of Mephisto Wedding if the smoke is good and a tent full of Mango smile jus based on how big it gets, the last mango smile I did though the buds were really big compared to this one currently but still just the size its grown makes it worth trying I think and hopefully I will be able to dial into the strains and their needs a bit more specifically if I do that.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

large_55pp.jpg.73c7c4aec0f70215d042ab5fb809b7c9.jpglarge.sodktop.jpg.255c352b39ef759196965c5964b89676.jpglarge_ppms.jpg.e1ca6e3adafd4f1aab2e737928192e46.jpglarge.skinnmgo.jpg.379d6cdc8fc907a967b65f0a0fb81850.jpglarge.sodkfull55.jpg.080a5a504bfed82f0ae6a7cbb3b7c47b.jpglarge.wedding.jpg.a010d49d21664ddb44de3419ab2fbb9e.jpglarge.maincolasodk.jpg.b529a588b878de66257a2582726ac41f.jpglarge.mwfullplant55.jpg.83ae38c2e5d781bf6ce84b5d1c17e92d.jpg

tale of two halfs at the moment my tent with the right side and indica leaning plants looking fatter and further on than the left,  im hoping the pink panama and mango smile still have some time to do more being sativa and its still only around day 55 approx saying that panama has thickened a bit and ms started sugar and has a lot of really small sites. Most excited for the wedding cake as it starting to purple a bit and the sugar is just everywhere on it they are growing and getting fatter as well for now hope it continues. Playing it by ear for harvest but want more orange hairs and hopefully growth for a week or two more at least all being well.

Edited by oldleafybeard1
  • Like 4

large.sodklatest.jpg.b0771edac4d6f2a8a614b3e5b94fa080.jpglarge.actualMWclose.jpg.245cd1f2822bebbc24dd0ebef7bfb43c.jpglarge.SODKcloselate.jpg.06310e6d6ad5757c3b64a9f41cf5ab79.jpglarge.pinkpanamacloser.jpg.f8ed64cc2bfa7dcafd9739a883346d3d.jpglarge_MW53.jpg.8f2ee8154cfe039af76d0903a0f897d6.jpglarge.ppanamafull53.jpg.1714f0511a3e434cf9746d640ff9ba40.jpglarge.mgosmileclose53.jpg.c247df9e6c0b99297322ba5601e8e5ae.jpglarge.mangosmileday53.jpg.3ac35fef14c3d6ada970424a5e3e79bb.jpg

two pics for each plant I think the Wedding and SODKxHaze are looking closest to ready the 2 Sativas ill give as long as possible but I think SODK has to come down just cause I cant keep needing to buy weed and its the closest to done. I feel like there has been some recovery because I was worried for the two sativa plants and generally. My big concern now is any kind of mould or anything spoliling everything but I still want to keep the 2 sativas and the wedding cake going a bit longer day 55 the SODK looks a bit nute burned maybe and all of them look a bit rough around the edges but hopefully as im wrapping this up over the next few weeks I can think about my next approach.

Edited by oldleafybeard1
duped a pic
  • Like 3

large.msendtimes.jpg.e2eaf1878f4c267b3d59d82214ca78a0.jpglarge.mangosle.png.30d3315dbfd403373fc68bff3db3a8ab.pnglarge.pnamaendgame.jpg.ae0c048ac6a377cb3d1d4301e7a6b7fd.jpglarge.chopchop.jpg.f76a75ebca3ede7679d68236c85284f9.jpg

The pink panama has somehow gone from the most ill scraggly plant I ever grew and me wondering if it was going to actually do anything at all ...to actually pretty fat flowers and keeping on putting out trichs and apparently growing...all while still looking pretty ill, the smell is werid like damp something not like weed at all and so many of those weird leaves that look like tongues, based on the smell I might not like this weed but who knows honestly.

The mango smile is my most disappointing plant just how it got absolutly massive its double the size of all the other plants but the buds are really skinny and tiny, I wont give up all hope on it just because I still think the yeild will be decent and ive no rush to chop now so may aswell keep them both running while they have some more room in the tent.

SODK and meph wedding both came down and this is due to the beginning stages of mould/fungus on the very bottom buds of both plants, I think ive caught it really early though cause it was literally 3 heads on the SODK at the bottom and 2 on the meph wedding at the bottom, and just like beginning signs of it, the is a chance water might hjave splashed up onto them causing it butI just wasnt gonna risk it cause both plants have really nice weight on them and if it spread its a real disaster  so chop chop at the weekend, and this shot is after 4 days drying so still very wet, been checking every day for any signs of mould but they look and smell fine and with the SODK I did chop into branches as well just so all "eggs not in one basket" but also if some bits dry a bit fast thats not neceserally a bad thing right now.   Some buds are huge and dense even the site warns the wedding is prone to mould due to density  but yeah hopefully caught it early and checking for it every day paid off.

Ive layed them out for the pic btw they are hanging usually in the dark, aiming for a 10 day ish dry and maybe a paperbag phase after again just playing it by ear. I hate the drying its like the 3 months kinda wizz by and then it feels like eternity for them to dry in like 2 weeks, its also such a critical stage for the final product and im not sure ive fine tuned my best process for it yet but every run I learn something ) and every run I see some improvements on the last so...happy days. Next run will be using up whatever seeds I have left and I will defo do at least 2 strawberry nuggets maybe a full tent of it but yea those seeds need using a long with a few other Mephistos ive got.  Prob start them along side the 2 left standing as they finish off.

• Like 2

large.sodkchopped.jpg.d7fa0073927918c93fb057f07b677639.jpg

large.sodkclosedry.jpg.0e203f072385a5f1ecc3370963304965.jpg

The two above are the SODK

large.wc2_1g.jpg.6eaa237359599a811b27de8b77ea8a36.jpg

Wedding cake above

SODK - 48g but with prob 10-20 smoked not included in weight hahah ive been smoking very wet weed and mostly off this plant. It also had some issues witha mould or fungus at the base and some of the yeild was written off this plant. That being said its a perfect night smoke for me really relaxing kinda coffee and I do like the SODK plant and how it grows but compared to the wedding cake theres no competition really.

Wedding cake - I just went to look at the whole drying plant and I cant wait to chop it up soon will leave drying a day or two more though but this photo is the cola from an  arm which snapped off early after harvest so its dried a bit quicker and smoked upto its skull. Tastes delicious and I just actually want a tent full of thsi strain at some point soon.

Pink panama - Chopped but only 4 days ago so behind the other 2

Mango Smile - Just chopped but disappointing flowers honestly. See how we look in a week or so.

Happy smoking, im proper pleased with my outcome and also some pointers on what to address based on reoccuring issues and comments here so happy days for the future, 100% my best drying process to date but im putting that down to the time of year rather than anything different ive done really. Learning every grow and this wedding cake plant a lone make the whole thing worth it.

Edited by oldleafybeard1
to make less confusing
  • Like 3

I see you're hiding some nice buds in here, im 🤪looking forward to the smoke reports. 

• Like 1