Update on tent

oldleafybeard1

large.week4new2.jpglarge.week4new.jpg

Plants are on day 25 I dont really remember having the tent so full before but there are in fresh soil and some extra bits for them like cover crop and myco wormcasts etc but to me they look bigger and healthier than anything ive achieved by this stage previously. I always get a bit nervous at this point cause it feels close to when I should start giving bloom nutes but in all my grows so far thats the point im most likely to start getting issues. I wont give any bloom nutes until the end of week 4 areound day 42 I guess but if anyone has advice on this front. Im top feeding the soil with living soils auto mix. Tents very full but I havent done any defoliation yet which will most likely happen this weekend and im just tucking everything down trying to get the plants nice and spread out through the net for the moment. What do you guys think any comments? Thank you :)

• Like 6
51 minutes ago, oldleafybeard1 said:

Plants are on day 25

They look very well developed for just 25 days :thumsup:

How many plants are there and how big are the pots?

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 3
Just now, Shumroom said:

They look very well developed for just 25 days :thumsup:

How many plants are there and how big are the pots?

Atb

:yinyang:

Cheers yeah they did seem to just to explode in growth the last few days especially, there is 5 plants in 5 gallon fabric pots. Its 25 days from when they popped up out of soil on Aug 13th.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Day 64 theres like a list of good points and bad points for this grow honestly can see the same nute issues ive had previous and ill try ad do something about the water for the next grow because im pretty sure that is whats causing the lock out and nute issues, the plants have seemed to of powered though both nute issues and the big heat limp event I had in the tent in like week 1-2 of flower and I think all told the buds were affected in size and weight and this is my errr 4th or 5th full grow to flower now and also maybe the most dissapointing in terms of expected yeild at this stage. Also could be the strains. Saying that though the plants are also the biggest I every grew innn terms of height and also nnumber of side branches, so it might balance all in and ive been completely wrong on weight eyeballing as well with sometimes the skinniest looking plant pulling the best weight. I feel like it could have been epic, but maybe next time with bottled water ph's properly or something ad no mad heatwave i week 1 of flower!, what is there does look really nice its not an L by any means, the leaves are worst on this front plant but theres no signs of burn on budsites,  and I can push them to day 80-90 as well to give the best chance and ill keep posting pics cause im taking them anyway to watch the trichs. Hope you are good!

large_69.jpglarge_68.jpglarge_67.jpglarge_66.jpglarge_63.jpglarge_64.jpglarge_65.jpg

Edited by oldleafybeard1
  • Like 4

day 70 think they got a bit fatter since last week dont think they are ready yet either cause no sign of any amber yet except maybe on a leaf or two. The longer I leave them the poorer i get buying shitty stardog, but got this far and a couple of weeks doesnt really matter.large_70.jpglarge_70.9.jpglarge_70.8.jpglarge_70.6.jpglarge_70.5.jpglarge_70.4.jpglarge_70.2.jpglarge_70.1.jpglarge_70.7.jpglarge_70.3.jpg

• Like 3

large_wk11.7.jpglarge_wk11.4.jpglarge_wk11.3.jpglarge.11_12.jpglarge_11.9.jpglarge_wk11.1.jpglarge_wk11.2.jpglarge.11_11.jpglarge.11_10.jpg

day 76...the pic of the fat bud next to the skinny one was kinda interesting because the pinicle flower was light burned white orginally, so I plucked it off like week 9ish, and this is how it looks now, I was debating if its worth doing on all branches cause all the sites competed to be top by the looks.

• Like 6
On 29/10/2023 at 5:48 PM, Lubdub said:

Got a nice amount of bud there man, I would chop and move on to the next grow :)

Yeah thank you actually I was planning to wait maybe a week or so more, cause I was after amber trichs and a lot of side branches came down last week so I have smoke drying right now and I start my seeds in coffee cup and usually transplant them week 2 ish so im not really loosing time on the next run if I leave them. Saying that im clearly quitye suggestable as ive been eyeing them for chop since youve said that haha. Do you not think its worth me waiting longer then cause I always chop around this point, but I do like heavy sleepy weed so thats why I was waiting :)

25 minutes ago, oldleafybeard1 said:

so im not really loosing time on the next run if I leave them.
but I do like heavy sleepy weed so thats why I was waiting :)

Fair enough man my main thought was you could start your next grow earlier.
On ambering trichomes, oxidation of trichomes continues after chop and as the cannabis ages, converting more of it to CBN.

I've had some plants in the past that look like those and it just felt like very little was happening towards the end, so in my case it was better to just move on and get the crop jarred asap.

• Like 1

large.isoball.jpglarge_iso2.jpglarge_iso1.jpg

Day 79 for the plants so ill harvest them tomorrow. Just had a first attempt at extract I used all the trim/fan from my previous grow and used 99.7% iso yesterday and I just scraped it up earlier and this is the end result. 1.5g which is honestly more than I expected considering the starting material quality. I had previously picked it sifted it clean of anything looking remotely smokeable. Im not usually an extract guy cause im smoking joints and its a pain to handle, but this stuff would go to waste and to be fair its like hash after the freezer so ive picked a little bit off and smoking it in a joint as we speak, and seems nice enough, whole process was really easy ill consider using maybe popcorn off this grow and try and do it fresher see if the extract comes back lighter if I do it again.  I guess it needs a bit of time to cure as well? I doubt ill have the patience for 1.5g.

Edited by oldleafybeard1
  • Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

large.fulldry.jpglarge.destalk.jpglarge.done1.jpglarge.buddy.jpglarge.close2.jpglarge.cluster.jpglarge_tpc.jpglarge.biggestr.jpg

Taken me all weekend to not finish trimming the 2 tropicanna poision plants. All told its like 60-70g per plant which is ok but if/when I run this again I will be making different decisions to reduce the vast numbers of tiny buds/non buds she made. I do really feel the week where I had heat stress did impact the full end result and all the plants are looking a bit slimmer and airy than I have achievied previously but as well these two plannts were massive easily the biggest most branched plants ive ever grown and I wasnt really prepared for how they grew. That being said 70g per plant is not totally terrible and the weed smells really unique like a mango/orange juice smell and a nice relaxing strong high from the bits ive tried already. I think the dry has gone really well because it was day 9 when I did this but they are still not fully dry so im glad its been a slow dryng process and ive moved them to open paper bags to get them ready for Jars. I have left the other plants for now cause it feels like they need the full 14 days maybe but as well they need to start getting the shift on to get the new seedlings under lights. Ill post more pics of the processing of the other plants as it happens hope you are good :)

Edited by oldleafybeard1
  • Like 5
  • 4 weeks later...

The new plants actually got a bit neglected on the window sil in coffee cups so, although they do look a ropey in these pics im actually quite happy cause it does look like they transplanted well,  they did take the grow nutes pretty well this week so looking like they are growing well to my eyes and I feel like the yellow/light leaves my bad waiting too long to transplanted. The pink Panama still looks a bit droopy the others picked up after the feed but I feel like the purple exotic strains I just never quite get the nutes right or they are especially sensitive. It came up mutated with only one leaf as well but still its taken to the transplant and grown despite looking a bit sad throughout.

SODK x Orange haze

Pink Panama

Mephistos wedding

Mango Smile

large.sodkhaze.jpglarge.pinkpanama.jpglarge_MW.jpglarge.mangosmile.jpg

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

ah its nice looking back at how they were cause its been a couple of weeks accidentally topped 3/4 plants while trying to train I guess I left it a bit late. I havnt beenn tracking the timeline very well on these plants so im just playing things by ear a bit. The pink panama is still the weakest looking and I managed to reattach the main stem on the Mango but I fully topped the mephisto wedding and pink panama when I should have left them alone. The sodk was super flexible though so it clearly gave me a false sense of what could be done with the training. Im happy the mango reattached and the plants growing well. The wedding cake its a shame but the plants still looking ok and they all seem to have taken first lot of bloom pretty well. Happy christmas people thanks for looking.large.sodkclose.jpglarge.pinkpanama.jpgpref.jpglarge.MWandSODK.jpglarge.Mephistowedding.jpglarge.Mangosmilepref.jpg

• Like 1

large.sodkmain.jpglarge.sodkfull.jpglarge.ppcloser.jpglarge.MWfull.jpglarge.mwcloseup.jpglarge.mannngosmiletop.jpglarge.mangosmilefull.jpglarge.sodkclose.jpg

Mango smile looks a little off a bit behind the others, its massive though and generally alright I think starting to kick off with the flowers. Need it to be quick cause my jar is very low :/

• Like 3