2023: HUGE plants, (almost) no flowers. :-(

MC2

20 minutes ago, Madmacca said:

What's smoke like? Is it cheesy?

Grew 2 last season both very diff phenotypes but not the slightest hint of cheese in either.. loaded with resin and looked the part but did lack a bit of flavour in my experience :yep:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 3

This intense sun is doing wonders.... admittedly the two most advanced plants, the RGS Maff and RGS Purple Freeze are racing ahead with the flowers developing at a stunning rate. At this rate the MAFF looks like it may only have 3 days to go before finishing and the PF is probably 7-10 days off. A week ago I'd have said they were going to struggle. Also the larger leaves are going yellow very quickly, indicating that the plants are sucking the goodness out of them as fast as they can.

All power to the sun. I'm beginning to be cautiously optimistic. 

However, I'm still surprised just how far behind the RGS auto Mighty Gold BX1 and semi-auto Purple Freeze are. I would have expected them to be far in advance of the Passion #1, Northern Lights and Pakistani Chitral Plus but they are lagging.

large.64ff0e27a53ef_MAFF110923.jpg
RGS MAFF

large.64ff0e218b4bb_AffieDaze2110923.jpg
RGS PurpleFreeze (four stems)

large.64ff0e29ba58b_MAFFwholeplant110923.jpg
RGS MAFF (whole plant)

large.64ff0e1f41680_Wholeplot110923.jpg
Plot 1 - bloody tall plants

Edited by MC2
  • Like 11

On 09/09/2023 at 10:53 PM, Revive said:

Grew 2 last season both very diff phenotypes but not the slightest hint of cheese in either.. loaded with resin and looked the part but did lack a bit of flavour in my experience :yep:

Heard this a couple of times now no cheese but I took a bud off one of mine this weekend and it was the first thing I’d smelt in days due to covid. Definite cheese. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hole in the clouds said:

Heard this a couple of times now no cheese but I took a bud off one of mine this weekend and it was the first thing I’d smelt in days due to covid. Definite cheese. 

Lucky boy :yep:

But are you sure your nose is working properly due to the covid?

Pleased for you buddy :yinyang:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hole in the clouds said:

Just now, Revive said:

Lucky boy :yep:

But are you sure your nose is working properly due to the covid?

Pleased for you buddy :yinyang:

No lol but I’m hopeful! Still can’t smell a thing now I’ll let you know next week if I was imagining it lol 

• Like 1

Some of mine are flying, others only just getting started. This sun has been great the last week. Strains that are furthest along - Sweet seeds Tropicana poison fv, sad fv, gorilla sherbet fv. RGS erdpurpz, fast cookies. All starting to form, chucking out loads of pistils frosting up nice. One of the fast cookies has got a couple spots of mould on already though so she’s not gonna make it and the one that auto’d I’d tossed as wasn’t worth smoking imo. Was gonna rip there and then but pinched the bits out and will keep an eye out for experiments sake

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Hole in the clouds said:

No lol but I’m hopeful! Still can’t smell a thing now I’ll let you know next week if I was imagining it lol 

:yep: