2023: HUGE plants, (almost) no flowers. :-(

MC2

What a bloody weird year this is.

I'm wondering if anyone is having the same experience as me?

My plants have got VERY tall. One is at 3m now and still growing (almost taller than the farm hedge now). The same strain has not got over 2m in previous years.

It sounds great but they are all flowering very late. I have 8 popular outdoor strains out and some have only started to properly flower in the last week. The normally hugely reliable RGS Mighty Gold BX1 (auto/semi-auto) hasn't even started to flower yet, despite looking much fuller-bodied and healthier than plants from the same have in past years.

The only three plants that look like they stand any chance of finishing are one of the RGS MAFFs, a RGA AffieDaze (which is bloody huge too) and an RGS Purple Freeze BX1 semi-auto (which a rabbit chewed the top off just after I'd planted it out but is still 2.5m high).

The others don't look like they'll get anywhere near finishing. They include the normally very reliable (Dutch) Passion #1  and (Royal Queen Seeds) Northern Lights.

Looks like the total losses will be:
Pakistani Chitral Plus
Pups XX  (x2)
Peyote Critical (damn, this one the one plant I really wanted to get to fruition)

and an RSG MAFF (which I have to say does not look too much like the successful MAFF)

Bugger. Really.

Has anyone experienced anything similar or am I alone in this?

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, MC2 said:

Has anyone experienced anything similar or am I alone in this?

Its a weird 1 this season for sure, plants are very late going into flower and I had a few that still wasn't showing sex properly, lots of female shaped preflowers but zero pistils.. 

Your not alone buddy there's a fair few gorrillas experiencing something diff from the norm this season.. 9/10 feet plants are no fun trying to maintain.. are they showing lots of preflowers?

• Like 5

Yeah mate the wetter season has boosted the vegging  ,  we all seem behind , well i am by about 2 to 3wks.  

Is what it is , cant control it and just gotta roll with it mate :yep:

We cant control it so why worry  :yep:      Think this season will sort the good from the poorer hardy strains for sure !!  

Rot Patrol will be a bit ting this season me thinks !    

• Like 8

I've got a Zkittlez Glue and 2 Pink Cherry Pie's that are gigantic but have only just started flowering this last week.

It is what it is and there's nowt we can do to change it. That being said, I'm sure they'll all finish but there may be some big rot losses. Just keep on going buddy. 

• Like 6

Folr anyone in the  pot club  !!!! 

As @Celtic voyager has shown above !    Get the pots off the floor and get some air around the arse of the pots :yep:

This will aid with letting the coming rain pass through quicker and reduce the water retention thus reducing risk :yep:

My own go to method in the poorer weather end of the season.    

Just make sure the pots are stable as they are more prone to blow over during the windier sessions.      And its coming !

• Like 10

this way....no rain water comes in the pot.....

only water and nutes you want.... 

call it pot-parka

gallery_5211_1953_47943.jpg

on wooden sticks...water leaks out better....

gallery_5211_1953_138153.jpg

• Like 11

Even though its my first Gg, im finding similar, where i thought a mishap with my seedlings early on, was to blame for pushing

the flowering time further out(maybe also). I will have several that may run into November. Ride the wave ...

Its been a weird time, nature doesn't know whether its coming or going for large parts this season. Like everyone, fingers and toes crossed for a kind October.

• Like 3

large_Male.jpg

Shit just got a lot weirder. Before today I last checked my plants two days ago. All looked normal, but of course most very deficient in the flower department. I treated them all to their first dose of Plant Magic Old Timer Bloom. Two days later I've gone back to find one of the bloody Pups XX has done this.... in two days... no sign of it being a male earlier and just a small indication of pre flowers. How the hell did that happen? It's right next to my Peyote Critical too... which is the one I've been really looking forward to. Damn and fucking blast.

Edited by MC2
  • Like 5

@MC2 what lattitude are u growing at?

All my rgs & labuenahierbaseeds are in flower my fast zkittles look about 2/3 weeks behind the others. 

G13 labs pineapple express#2 have no signs of pre flower at all. 1 is over 10 ft tall & the other 2 are big bushes. I'm thinking of just cutting them down especially the 10ft plant coz if it gets any taller it's gonna compromise the other plants at site 2.

• Like 5

I thought maybe u were more north but your in a perfect spot. 

Can't really say much other than that as I haven't a clue. Sorry mate

• Like 1

Well. Thanks for trying! The soil's really good to. I have about the best growing conditions you can find in the UK. This year is just hyper weird.

One positive though. If flowers (or whatever the male counterpart is) can grow that fast then there's some hope for my other plants. Maybe they've just been waiting to start some mega fast flower growing splurge. Fingers crossed.

Btw. I have the same problem. Some are now taller than the farm hedge.  I'm just hoping the horses the other side don't eat them.  :-( 

• Like 6