Removing lower bud sites

latitude54

toppen-Custom-720x628.jpg

in this way..you have no lowerbuds...

....by taking the scissors 2 times  1time left above...2nd time right above......you create 16 tops...which stay smaller...less chanche of mould....

but you need to bind the plant together...with wind they can split...

this way you get 16 tops...evenly in the sun or under the lamp....and not 1 big main cola....

also you keep the plant lower and all 16 tops at about even height under the sun or indoor lamp....

you can do this indoor and outdoor

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 3

On 07/09/2023 at 8:58 PM, MidgeSmith said:

CT1 is pretty inert once it has gone off,

This has adhesive in it and I would certainly not be putting it anywhere near my plants :thumbdown:

Leccy tape will do the job or better still self amalgamating tape :yep:

• Like 1

Quick photo dump...

large_zg.jpglarge_pcp.jpglarge_flc1.jpglarge_flc2.jpglarge_flc3.jpglarge.flc-tri.jpg

And who say's Autos dont grow very big? Chopped my 6ft Gorilla Glue auto last night and this was the main kola (it;s a lot fatter than it looks) lollarge_gg.jpg

• Like 12

@DutchFox I've been topping the plants all the way through veg. I was referring to wether or not to remove the bud sites that would produce 'popcorn buds' as I usually would indoors. 

• Like 1

@latitude54 I usually remove lowers,same as you have done with your FLC.. gets pretty tedious harvest time messing about with tiny popcorn buds in my opinion 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MidgeSmith said:

Ooooh! She looks beautiful :) What does she smell of?

initially it was really cat pissy but as the buds have ripened it’s a much more perfume fragrance. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, latitude54 said:

initially it was really cat pissy but as the buds have ripened it’s a much more perfume fragrance. 

How do I say "That sounds great!" after that description, without sounding like a weirdo?

Catpiss and perfume, ahhhhhhh :)

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 2

How fucking fast can rot move!!! 
Did my first harvest on the FLC yesterday and found a couple of spots of the stuff. 
Gone to check on the plant just now and one bud that looked rot free yesterday is completely fucked! 
Think I need to make some more drying space asap as the whole fucker is coming down!! 

Edited by latitude54
  • Like 2

@latitude54 dude it can be heartbreaking one minute looking lush next day total mush. :wallbash:

I am glad i chopped my FLC a week early sometimes chasing a few more ambers just isn't worth the loss.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, murphyblue said:

am glad i chopped my FLC a week early

I’m using my grow tent as a drying space at the moment. It’s currently housing 2 gorilla glue’s and the FLC (about 1.8kg wet). The GG is just about dry so I’ll have to get the buds into a box to finish and make more room to take the rest of the FLC.  

• Like 3