Removing lower bud sites

latitude54

Morning all. Last season my outdoor grow was pretty minimal (2 x 4ft plants) and was also my first ever grow so I didnt really know what I was doing for the most part. Since then I've been growing indoors over winter and have gone back outdoors for the summer. Only this time my outdoor effors are somewhat more substantial.

When I grow indoors I tend to remove the little bud sites and branches that wont get the light they need and so wont really come to much.. But I'm not sure if I need to be doing the same thing outdoors as the grow light (also know as the sun) moves around the plants and will penetrate much better than a 600w hps?  Any advice would be much appreciated.

This summers outdoor offerings:

large_lc1.jpglarge_pcp1.jpglarge_pcp2.jpglarge_pcp3.jpg

Edited by latitude54
  • Like 26

hi mate looks fekin marvolous , how many gallon do you water per day lol ye i would get some leaves off the bottom , get the air ciculating as well

as a old gardner said for tommato's, take leaves off so to get the sun at the fruits . ( just some dont go daft mate ) you dont want it to grow any bigger i take it

you never top'd it , :unsure: regards G , some wiser guy's will follow this im sure 

• Like 3

That month of high moisture in the air in July really built the plants up this year, hopefully we get a dry sep/Oct for everyone to pull through. Great efforts on those slugs. I would personally have a respectful trim here n there for airflow purposes. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, geogeo said:

how many gallon do you water per day

Quite a lot lol  12-15L each every 2 days seems to be working out about right. I’m getting through an absolute fuck load of nutes this summer too. lol 

Edited by latitude54
  • Like 3

@latitude54  big plants can be easy harvested in 3 or 4 times....since top buts are usually more far....so take intervals of abt 1 week....

in that week the lower buds and the buts from northside  get full sun....

my idea...if your not sure...try 1 plant with this method...

been there done it...

when you do this...most branches on the northsite will move more higher..since plants notices the new sun...after taken out the top of a plant... :) 

plants react to it..  :) 

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 6

Personally I don't bother.

I find that the plant will drop its leaves that aren't doing much naturally, especially as we get towards the harvest season. 

• Like 4

Having done both I think dutchfox and arbre are on the money. Leave them be, your light is infinitely better than any grow light, and like said, you can stagger the harvest. All I would say on that is have something to seal up any harvest wounds you create... learned that the hard way few years ago, took the beefy colas, week or two later she had rotted from the cut outwards.

Girls are looking banging btw you've done them real justice

• Like 6

Just now, blerie420 said:

All I would say on that is have something to seal up any harvest wounds you create

Electrical tape has served me quite well this summer when things have gone wrong. You'd never guess that this was now in full flower and about 8ft tall.

large_flc1.jpg

• Like 9

The above plants aren't even my whole garden. Not pictured is a similarly large Zkittlez Glue, 3 Gorilla Glue autos and a 4ft Super 61. lol I'm going to be a very busy boy come harvest time.

• Like 7