new to coco need my hand holding

Lazy L

Ahhh fuck man. This is unknown territory for me. I’d imagine you’d have to feed in some calmag for a few feeds or the coco will steal it until it’s cation ‘bank’ is full meaning robbing it from the plant. @GSZZ is a font of knowledge. Hopefully he’ll see this n teach us both summat. 

• Like 1

When I pot up I add some nitrozyne seaweed extract with my base feeds . You sometimes get a bit of transplant shock when potting up I find seaweed helps this. IMO yours look a bit hungry I’d be at roughly 1.1 to 1.2 at this point I’d raise you feed slightly if it was me. They’ll be ok and grow out of it.  The deformed seedlings could just be mutants they will prob grow past this issue. :oldtoker:

• Like 4

I don’t buffer mine with cal mag but I do use seaweed and and water in at EC 1.0 ph6 with Novamax grow which is a complete one part so no cal at needed  

• Like 2

Hes using a dehydrated block. He’s washed it n shit but not pre buffered it. I use Canna pro so I just proceed like yer sen. I think he’s going to run into a bit of a bump. I know you know yer stuff so thought I’d ask for the fella. Sorry to be a pest like.

• Like 1

Thanks for the answers I will raise the feed do I aim for 1.2 going in or coming out?

If its coming out do I do a stronger feed and flush it through?

Or should I just mix up some water with calmag and pH it to flush it?

Sorry for all the questions 

I think I’d be adding a bit of calmag to the feed yer know. That coco will rob Ca and Mg until cation exchange is satisfied. So any Ca and Mg in your feed/water will basically be amending the coco rather than being used by the plant. That’s how I understand it but I could be wrong. 

E2a - I aim for as near as possible coming out the bottom as is going in the top. 

Edited by mikeydoughnut
  • Like 1

I also use coco blocks at the moment cheapest I could get lol , rehydrated then just watered in as I mentioned. As for run off I measure it sometimes but not much. Personally after each pot up I feed slightly more then lower slightly. I’ve done this wether conventional pots or hempy buckets .  For seedlings with leaflets I’m at EC .9 to 1.0.    Then when they show signs I go up to EC 1.2 and when in lager pots and mature EC1.4. As shown in my diaries.  It seems to work for me I topped out at EC 1.5 in stretch and now at EC 1.4 in mid flower as for run off haven’t done it this run .  I keep my PH at around 6 . Just adding cal mag can also add Nitrogen as most have that in irc .

Edited by Arthur Mix
  • Like 3

What’s your background EC?

Is your feed tailored to a specific water type? As I understand it a soft water feed makes allowance for a lack of mineral in yer tap water. Or at least I hope they do lol 

• Like 1

Well there you go coco dunt need buffering. I could have eaten 2 orange clubs and supped a brew in this time … lol  I’m clocking off …

E2a - if you do run into problems it’s because your coco isn’t buffered lol 

Edited by mikeydoughnut
  • Like 2

Water comes up between 0.26 and 0.32 so I top it up to 0.4 with the calmag then I add the kick-start untill I get to 1.0 it was 0.8 untill I potted up 

• Like 2

As Arthur says some calmags contain nitrogen. I’m sorry if yer the wrong chap but I think @ratdog uses a calmag that doesn’t if it’s necessary for you to add it

• Like 1

@Lazy L are you still using kickstart ? I think If so you should be on the A&B if your following that schedule by intense 

Edited by Arthur Mix
Spelling
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, mikeydoughnut said:

As Arthur says some calmags contain nitrogen. I’m sorry if yer the wrong chap but I think @ratdog uses a calmag that doesn’t if it’s necessary for you to add it

i was using terra aquatics one as it has the lowest percentage that i could find without paying mega bucks. but i'm back on GA soft water nutes only, i've given up caring tbh lol

• Like 4