new to coco need my hand holding

Lazy L

If your using fishmix, you might as well ditch the ec pen it’s not needed with your feed, best stick to ml/l ec pens work best with coco/ specifically feeds.

• Like 1

I made up a 10L bucket with 15ml cal mag to bring it up to 0.4 then added 20ml of kickstart that took the ec to basically 0.8 I didn't check the pH as I need some calibration fluid 

I will take pictures of everything next time I'm not the best at explaining 

• Like 1

LED’s diary is a good one to read as has been mentioned, also I found some great info in @Owderb diaries, he takes a very simple no nonsense approach which I’ve followed myself and got great results. Also @GSZZ diary for the more technical stuff. Just keep it as simple as you can and you should be ok, if not there are some top growers on here that I’m sure will be able to help you out.

Good luck!

Edited by Aphatspliff
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Lazy L said:

I didn't check the pH as I need some calibration fluid 

You're moving from soil to hydro bud and there's no buffering in coco so ph has to be on point.

Set at 5.5 to start and let it drift up to 6.2 before re-setting...:yep:

• Like 1

update time....... we have life :toldya:large.20230914_184742.jpg its further than i thought i would get lol

they are going to need a feed very soon and im a bit confused on how to mix the nutes do i ph the water then add feed then root juice or have i got it backwards?

am i right in thinking the feed needs to stay about .8 untill they get a little bigger? 

the light is still on 24/7

temps 25.2 low 41rh and 28.7 high 56rh

@stu914 i sorted my ph pen now thanks bud

• Like 3

time for another update

everything is flying along they had their first feed on friday the bucket settled onlarge.20230915_203807.jpg even though it was closer to .8 when i finished mixing everything up it seemed to drift up

the runoff was large.20230915_203845.jpg does that seem about right

i did take more pictures but i deleted the wrong ones all i had left was these 3 large.20230917_170215.jpg the autos are in the black pots and the fems in the orange

i cant give a update on temp or rh i forgot to reset the min/max reading and its still the same

lights still on 24/7 250w hps

Edited by Lazy L
  • Like 3

@Lazy L I have started growing in coco. No EC pen. I roughly follow the instructions on the bottles. I have p/H down and litmus paper but that's it. Fuck that I have rugby to watch, a car to clean and a wife to f f f f... fetch stuff from Tescos for.

Seriously dude you will be OK. Chill!

Edited by Lux_Interior
sp
  • Like 3

hi all time for a little update

the plants are flying along i would say most are ready for a pot up

large.20230924_151931.jpg

but theres a couple that are very unhappy

large.20230924_152013.jpglarge.20230924_152004.jpg

any ideas from the photos

everythings the same cal mag the water to .4 and feed to .8 and ph to 6

i can get some better pics if you want its not easy finding somewhere i can take a good pic

• Like 1

The first one looks like it’s been given too much light early on,

the other looks overwatered.

It could be that they’re just not flourishing quite as well as the others :) 

You just need to know that all seedlings have very slightly different needs,

some will develop roots more quickly than others etc.

This is why it’s sometimes helpful to start more seeds than you intend to flower out.

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Thank you @Shumroom I'll stop worrying it's just because it's all new with coco I didn't know if it was me

The one in the orange pot is the rainbow cake and in the main picture there's one on the right hand side there's the other one that looks a bit freaky I hope it's a good smoke I like the freaky ones :wub:

The lemon bubble just keeled over and died the other day as well I was gutted its been a while since I had any lemon

Edited by Lazy L
Lemon bubble dying
  • Like 1

time for another update

i switched the light over to a 600w and raised it halfway up the tent i also plugged the underfloor heating back in and set it to 23 root temp

after taking all day rinsing that damn coco in my shower:nope: (my back feels fucked) i finally potted everything up i put the autos in 15Lbuckets and the photos in 3L i think

i watered everything in today i fed everything at 1.0 because they looked a little hungry but the runoff was comming out at 0.65 ive tried looking it up do i need to increase the feed or will it settle on its own?

the ph barely moved it went up a couple of points

im not sure if i should flush them through because i only potted them up last night

large.20230929_165804.jpg

theres a update on the rainbowcakes they are still weird but it looks like they will live for now fingers crossed

large.20230929_175554.jpglarge.20230929_175603.jpg

i have put them in smaller pots just to see what they do theres no room for them in the next tent so they will be waiting for the autos to be done

Edited by Lazy L
forgot loads
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Lazy L said:

i watered everything in today i fed everything at 1.0 because they looked a little hungry but the runoff was comming out at 0.65 ive tried looking it up do i need to increase the feed or will it settle on its own?

I’m proper sticking me stupid neck out here. Since coco is inert there has to be some exchange of ‘sciencey things’. As I understand it the coco believes in one for you, one for me. So the coco will steal some of the EC so to speak. A good method is to make a stronger mix on initial pot up so the coco can take some and leave enough available to the roots/plant. 

0.65 is barely enough for a seedling. If it were me I’d be watering through a feed to get the pot EC appropriate. They’re gonna need it innit. If yer got decent temps n that you’ll be reyt. They need a few days drought now anyway so give um some munch. Coco is a good drainer it won’t go all claggy n compact like compo will. 

Regards autos I don’t have a clue. I barely know about photos.

e2a - you did soak the coco in calmag solution overnight innit? 

Edited by mikeydoughnut
  • Like 1