I would like to make some Bubble hash

Lux_Interior

2 hours ago, Hazeytones said:

Did you just use that wooden spoon for mixing?

Yes with help from my son & wife we did ten minute shifts rewarded with a bifter & a cold beer.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, lildaveham said:

ALL HAIL THE SACRIFICIAL HASH PLATE!! 

Looking good Mr Interior!

:smokin:

I know. I hope it comes off.

• Like 1

Just now, Simple Jack said:

If you're going to do this on any sort of regular basis (for me that's twice a year, tops) a mini- washing machine is well worth getting. It reduces the effort, allowing more runs, and also significantly cuts down on the mess.

Enjoy :yep:

With amount of weed I grow I couldn't imagine it being any more than a yearly event. Some of the trim I used was 2years old.

• Like 2

What did I learn:

• £40 will buy you everything to make a few grams of 'decent' hash. (most of the kit is reusable)
  • Making Bubble Hash takes a fair amount of effort & can be quite messy.
  • I can probably refine the process in the future
  • It is possible to use the pulp afterwards to make edibles (I couldn't be arsed).
  • All my jars are empty ready for the next crop.
  • Don't chuck your trim away.
  • I made Bubble hash - project completed
  • Teenage Werewolf needs a haircut.

Smoke report to follow:

• I've smoked some nice Morrocan slate hash (in the past) so I'm expecting similar results.

Most of all:

• I made Bubble hash - project completed.

Do a little dance make a little love get down tonight.

• Like 5

Sorry to inform you, you're not quite done yet m8 :)

You've collected kief 

To turn the kief into hash there's another step or 2 

When it's dry, it needs pressing then laying down for a while for the flavour to develop 

The hot rolling pin (or a wine bottle filled with hot water) method is my recommendation. So you've got a few days to find yourself an empty wine bottle or something (so you can put the kief between 2 sheets of baking parchment and roll over it)

Or you can clamp it up in a clamp or vice or pollen/flower press ... for a while, or stick it in your shoe for a few days lol

There's lots of ways ;)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Seasick Steve said:

Looks a nice result there @Lux_Interior long time since I did some bubble, might have to get them bags out soon for some trim I got. :yep:

:smoke:

It was a life experience.Thanks dude. I'll definitely hang on to the bags.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hippie on hill said:

Sorry to inform you, you're not quite done yet m8 :)

You've collected kief 

To turn the kief into hash there's another step or 2

OK, cool I'm still learning. It's still gonna get smoked on Sunday come rain or shine.

• Like 4

OK.

On World Cup day we smoked the 160µ & 120µ hash. We mixed it with a nice weed in a ciggy. We got the hashy taste & soaring high. It was nice.

I kept the 73µ & 25µ & pressed it a bit then allowed it to dry properly.

large.20230822_223720.jpg

Lux's first batch of bubblehash 2023

Mrs Interior & myself are enjoying some of the 73µ hash in a ciggy with tobacco right now.

It is quite strong.

Isn't it!

:yinyang:

It weighed 4.7g

Edited by Lux_Interior
soaring isn't souring
  • Like 5

It's far better to dry when it's not been pressed mate. I use a metal sieve (it came with the washing machine thingy) and I push the resin glands through using the back of a tablespoon. You get what looks like nice fluffy brown sugar. Once it's pressed it doesn't really seem to dry. It happened to a mate of mine who was a bit over keen, it stayed like plastercine until it was all gone.

• Like 2

This is what I ended up with

large.20230824_111648.jpg

Its all gone now. The flavors reminded my of the squidgy black (leb.) of the mid-1980's. We rolled it into sausages and smoked it in joints.
Nobody complained. Nice high.

I'm considering growing an auto strain outside next year and dedicating the whole plant to the bubblebags. I reckon that hash would be proper pokey!

• Like 4

I used  the 220 as work bag and collected everything through the 75 and mixed together. used way too much water and ice and could've reclaimed more but got over 2oz so was happy.

did a pipe and f. me. was baked for about 4 hours, effing strong shite!!!!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 27/08/2023 at 10:30 AM, Lux_Interior said:

The flavors reminded my of the squidgy black (leb.) of the mid-1980's.

Ah, nostalgia. Used to smoke that back in the day. Makes me want to try this! I have bags, just haven't got round to using them yet. Maybe once my outdoor harvest is in... :) 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Crow River said:

Ah, nostalgia. Used to smoke that back in the day. Makes me want to try this! I have bags, just haven't got round to using them yet. Maybe once my outdoor harvest is in... :) 

Definitely, go for it. It's trim I used to throw away, or make edibles with. Its a bit of effort but worth it.

Punt, chase it.

• Like 2

@B-real  few good month since we made this but it's still sticky as hell ,kinda to sticky,is that normal? It's all that lump from pic 1 I just breaked it for Pic  show

medium.20231001_031106.jpg.0cfff7b6c80bfmedium.20231001_031040.jpg.c1a6afb6a3da1medium.20231001_031251.jpg.448ab93c41febmedium.20231001_031133.jpg.ef08fd7d126a6

Edited by Herbal Kint
  • Like 5