I would like to make some Bubble hash

Lux_Interior

@Slippy One  use bathtub,first time I decided to do it in the middle of my living room duno why but it was bad idea to turn hand mixer there lol

E2a nice score there

Edited by Herbal Kint
  • Like 4

It’s not even the mess, it’s the water. Big heavy and cumbersome. Screens are fun by comparison :yep: 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Slippy One said:

It’s not even the mess, it’s the water. Big heavy and cumbersome. Screens are fun by comparison :yep: 

I have done dry screen sifting before & yes it's cool. However...

large.20230814_204213.jpg

... my mind is made up. You only live once unless you're a budhist, or a fly that was or may become a budhist, or something. Anyway I have bought around 5.5kg of the best ice in our part of the world. You're Lambrusco is going to be warm tonight people. In the next day or two me & Mrs Interior are going to make a hell of a mess. Probably!

• Like 7

haha used to hate cleaning up after making bubble, used to find bits of leaf in the kitchen for days and it completely stunk when mixing. definitely miss smoking it though, amazing stuff

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MySoulIsMine said:

haha used to hate cleaning up after making bubble, used to find bits of leaf in the kitchen for days and it completely stunk when mixing. definitely miss smoking it though, amazing stuff

If you don't like the smell try boiling up some Cannabutter. It smells like cabbage, from a school canteen circa. 1980. Mmmm...

• Like 3

One of my best investments was in a camping washing machine, you can get one for the price of a few grams of ice hash. I first bash the trim and ice cubes in a bucket then just throw it into the machine with about 3 litres of ice cold water and give it a spin for 15 minutes then drain the water into my 3 bubble bags. No mess. I will repeat this process perhaps 3 or 4 times until most the trichs have been extracted. 

• Like 4

OK I went for it.

Making Ice-Hash is indeed quite a messy process. Several old towels and a tiled floor help.

large.20230816_182624.jpg

We stuck the trim and 4kg of ice in the bags and stirred and stirred and stirred and stirred and stirred and stirred for about an hour. We let it sit for half an hour and pulled the workbag.

large.20230816_185113.jpg

The whole process of draining bags and scraping off the hash from the screens stretched over a glass bowl took about an hour.

large.20230816_200118.jpg

For my first ever go at this I'm reasonably happy. The hash has been through the pressing screen & will now dry until the World Cup final on Sunday when Mrs Interior, Teenage Werewolf and I will smoke it.

large.20230816_200125.jpg
25micron bubblehash on a plate

• Like 5

Nice stuff :thumsup:

It's very satisfying isn't it? :D 

I've recently been grabbing little pieces from the stuff I made recently and roll it into a wee snake to go inside a spliff :skin_up:

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shumroom said:

It's very satisfying isn't it? :D

:yinyang:

It is yes.

In the past, I have generally made Cannabutter out of trim and then made cookies with that. I have dry sifted trim over an old filter from a tumble drier as well. Each method is a ball ache.

Over the last two grows I accumulated a few jars of trim I didn't won't to smoke or throw away. So, I'm hoping this has been a way of producing something different with it.

The council will shift the waste when the bins get collected.

I pay my tax. Thanks council.

Edited by Lux_Interior
sp.
  • Like 5

I pressed most of the water out of the hash using the screen provided with the bag kit that I bought. I'll leave the hash to dry on top of a cupboard for four days. I think I have a few grams of product.

large.20230816_231455.jpg

• Like 5

Lovely stuff I do like a bit ay bubble :yep:

On 13/08/2023 at 4:15 PM, Peregrine said:

I ditched my 25 micron bubble bag as it just clogged up and no water passed through it.

I only use the 220 work bag and the 25 catch bag draining doesnae take that long wi it ye just gie the bag a wee jerk an it starts tricklin through again :yep:

• Like 4

Did you just use that wooden spoon for mixing? 

I used to make a bit of bubble in my teens but stole electric paddle mixers of my mum for the job. She used to tell me to keep it after and she'd get a new one because of the leaves wrapped up in it, a couple of months later I'd have the new one after my hash making mixer had shit itself. 

I haven't made any in a long time, I'd probably need new bags but have been looking for a decent set of screens instead.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lux_Interior said:

The council will shift the waste when the bins get collected.

There is still a fair amount of precious cannabinoids left in the slops. This can easily be reclaimed by simmering in a pot of water with half a pack of butter for ~1hr. Strain into a bowl and put in fridge till butter sets.

Makes for some surprisingly pokey cannabutter.

I clean the mesh, tester, and any utensils with spray on ISO. Collect the runoff on a plate then decant into a small plastic pot and leave to evaporate for a modest amount of sticky ISO hash.

If you're going to do this on any sort of regular basis (for me that's twice a year, tops) a mini- washing machine is well worth getting. It reduces the effort, allowing more runs, and also significantly cuts down on the mess.

Enjoy :yep:

• Like 7