I would like to make some Bubble hash

Lux_Interior

OK. Bubble newbie here.

I have +/-3oZ of decent trim. I would like to make some bubble hash using bubble bugs. So. I borrowed a set of three. They are a 120micron, a 75micron & a 25micron set. I have been told I need a 220 micron 'work bag'. They are 5gallon bags, however they seem well used (need a clean). Should I buy a 220 micron bag? Or a new set of bags?

• Like 4

Personally I'd buy a whole new set , yer mates lent you half a set of bags , you absolutely need the 220μ and tbh I'd want a 190μ or 160μ to clean stuff up before it hits the 120μ.

Have a look at bubblebag dude on the big river, their 5 gal full mesh sets are amazing value for money, great bags to use/clean too.

I have the 8 bag set :skin_up:

Also if you're feeling particularly flush a meguires car washing bucket is a good shout, bubble bags are made using u.s gallon sizing so an American 5 gal bucket saves a lot of forcing bags onto a Young's brewing bucket :yep:

:yinyang:

• Like 8

@BilgePump was just about to say the same regarding the 190 & 160 bags. My setup now is the 220 then straight to the 120 bag, the last set a few years ago i had a 160 bag, the 120 bubble tasted so much nicer :yep:, so i will have to get some more at some point

• Like 5

I did it with 190 as a work bag,turned out fine. Think it was set 190,120,73,45,25

I binned 190 and 120

Defo get a work bag when you can

• Like 2

Here are the bags I borrowed. On close inspection not only are a few fairly vital mesh sizes missing there is also some mildew in the orange bag and they smell like a tent that hasn't been aired since Glastonbury 2004.

large.20230812_111832.jpg

So. I took the general advice I have given and ordered a 5 bag 5 gallon set from Bubblebagdude it consists of a 220μ, 160μ, 120μ, 73μ, 25μ & comes with a 25μ pressing screen and cost a penny shy of £34 off t'internet.

Thanks everyone

• Like 6

OK. Peeps.

Having realised I hadn't got a hope in hell of stretching 12.5" bubblebags over the bucket I intended to use I popped to my local hardware store. (It's quite cool). I bought a narrower bucket its got about 10.5" radius and holds 10 litres . I tried one of the borrowed bags in it and it fitted nicely. So I'm hopeful.

My local hardware store also sells pruning shears, gardening twine, strong bin bags, blow up boats, bongs, skins, grinders & computer mice. They don't appear on Trustpilot (that must be a glitch) but I love the staff.

large.20230812_180242.jpg
My Bubblebag bucket (init lovely?)

I'll keep this thread going until I've completely fucked up making Bubblehash.

No pain no gain.

• Like 6

I ditched my 25 micron bubble bag as it just clogged up and no water passed through it. 220 140 70 for the last few years has done me fine.

I really don't see the point of having any more than 3 bags, it's not as if you're going to keep 6 different sorts of ice hash from 1 run is it...

• Like 3

MY BAGS SHOWED UP

Although I appreciated my neighbors kind offer to lend some bags. I decided to buy a new set. Myself & Mrs Interior will be searching locally for an 18th birthday party amount of ice soon.

large.20230813_190930.jpg

It also came with a sticker for my laptop.

I'm sure I'll f*ck this up.

Watch this PL@s(aCE ...

:smokin:

Bring the spoon. Baby!

What?

• Like 6

Just get lots of ice mate,like 5kg plus and some fridge water,all goes easier.

3 ounces sounds like right amount for one good batch

Edited by Herbal Kint
  • Like 2