Hermies.... Not again! What am I doing wrong?

Oakapple

9 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

I have so many holes in my big tent that when I turn my bedroom light off it looks like light beams coming out of a black hole in space lol

You must have perfect enough environment otherwise , @Military Grade..It's odd- I used to grow in a corner of the room tent now is in, cobbled together with old  wooden screens , battens and panda plastic, and  there were definitely light leaks from the door being left ajar sometimes- but no herms {apart from Blueberry}.

• Like 1

Just now, catweazle1 said:

Talking about the Moon: do outdoor plants herm in the light of it? That answers the question of whether a few small holes in ones tent cause them.

That is the age old argument re herms and light- The moon is bright with reflected light - very blue and silvery, yet some people swear light leaks cause herms.

Bugbee says it has to be bright enough to be able to read a book to cause any concerns.

Tho my bedroom light lights up my room better than the moon lights up outside lol

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 2

@Military Grade It's just so mystifying..I wish the plants could talk.

Checked the darkness - literally so dark it was disorienting.  Timer also looks to be correct.

Going to put in a {probably too big} vegged Gorilla Zkittlez {they do like to use their zeds at Barneys}...  @cypo74 Am living dangerously- gonna risk itlol !
It will probably herm on me, but what else can I do but to try again.. 

Other Members have overcome issues- If this can teach me something, it will be worth it.

A plant can be very humbling.

• Like 3

Running a cross of two hermie prone strains that a plant has already hermied on you seems a bit mad to me.

I'd personally cut my losses, get yourself subbed up and get growing some subbie beans rather than wasting time. Don't forget what a gorilla likes to eat... you'll have bananas in there before you know it.

Good luck if you do go for it.:hippy:

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Get a couple of bronze Shiva statues to guard against hermies 

tell me you are taking the piss? lol

• Like 4

10 hours ago, ratdog said:

tell me you are taking the piss? lol

Desperation, I'll try anything at this stage! lol 

But seriously - That's just superstition.  {Saw a national Geographic article where farmers in India growing certain crops made offerings to Gods- and they got great yields}

I will try extra heat to see if that makes the remainder any happier. 

9 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Well he’s gonna need them if he’s running Gorilla Zkittlez lollollol 

Atb

:yinyang:

Putting GZ in there is asking for trouble - big time.

But I have grown Barneys {EEK} GZ before with good results in the past {in that same tent} - no one else to go in at the moment -  GZ The most herm~ monster ish of all. 

Anyone want to take bets on when balls will appear?lol 

Seriously - should I risk the GZ or not?

What would you do.... 

Just now, Hazeytones said:

Have you got any other seeds, less hermie prone, you could try along with the gorilla?

Thanks, Hazey.

I have  two youngsters {Strawberry lemonade, Barneys} and two young 'Mimozz' {Perfect tree} and a slightly older Peyote Critical, but all two small to go in

But if you think the GZ is too risky, I won't risk it.

• Like 1

It's all a risk this game if I'm honest, you just want to make sure your taking that risk for the best possible outcome.

Have you subbed yet? It's about your best bet for decent genetics at a great price. I just finished one of @ratdog ssddxkillerskunkxsmile and it's a belter, even with a few fuck ups along the way on my part.

Electric costs the same no matter what your growing so might aswell make it worth while.

• Like 3

@Hazeytones..I went to sub..and the payment means I have to send cash in an envelope- Postal order was another option, but not bought one of those in decades.

I couldn't see a list of seeds to buy, though- but that could be just me being not very tech savvy. I am on laptop now, not phone, so might be easier to take a look.

@ratdog I didn't know you breed seeds?..

I do too lol but not purposefully. Ironically a friend grew out  a hermie produced seed,  and it was not a hermie {so he says}. but I'm not going there.

• Like 2

You can do a bank transfer.

Just go to the announcement section and the current free seeds list will be there.

Your more tech savvy than me, I still can't upload photos, but I'm just on my phone, don't have a laptop.

• Like 1

Just now, Hazeytones said:

You can do a bank transfer.

Just go to the announcement section and the current free seeds list will be there.

Your more tech savvy than me, I still can't upload photos, but I'm just on my phone, don't have a laptop.

I don't have online banking! lol  I think my old iPhone 6 Plus is too ancient. 

• Like 1