Outdoor feeding in large pots

Celtic voyager

Looks like it needs a good nitrogen feed. It also as slight calcium deficiency looking at the leaf edges. Good nettle & maybe a little horse tail tea foliage feed would be my go to. Now off with your head for neglecting this plant :execute::nono:

Edited by brock1
  • Like 3

Just now, brock1 said:

Looks like it need a good nitrogen feed. It also as slight calcium deficiency looking at the leaf edges. Good nettle & maybe a little horse tail tea foliage feed would be my go to. Now off with your head for neglecting this plant :execute::nono:

I put it down to weather beaten as the new and lower seems ok, the middles seemed to be tinged ,  need to get my big sherlock out lol     

Nettle tea has always been a wonderful thing,  the smell it produces not so much so ,  vile putrid awful odur .... yuk

• Like 2

Just now, OldFord said:

I put it down to weather beaten as the new and lower seems ok, the middles seemed to be tinged ,  need to get my big sherlock out lol     

Nettle tea has always been a wonderful thing,  the smell it produces not so much so ,  vile putrid awful odur .... yuk

I am not going from the brown damage on the leaf that's definitely leaf burn. If you look theirs a slight curling on the leaf that makes me think its need a little calcium. Anyway if you don't like the smell of nettle tea how about some nice bath salts. Now they go in the bath so you can't tell me they stink :nono: I have actually grown to like the smell of nettle tea :wassnnme:

Edited by brock1
  • Like 3

@brock1   look close ..  i def need the big sherlock glas for that  lol        bath salts im down with , nettle brew just gets me  ..badly mate.     

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, OldFord said:

@brock1   look close ..  i def need the big sherlock glas for that  lol        bath salts im down with , nettle brew just gets me  ..badly mate.     

You just want a go of the big sherlock glass. Well you can't have it. Unfortunately I put it down & now being partly sighted I can't see a thing without it. I know I put it down somewhere but it could be absolutely anywhere :wassnnme:

Edited by brock1
  • Like 2

@brock1 @oldgord how'd you boys make your nettle tea,what ratio do you use per litre of water roughly?

• Like 2

@brock1

Thanks for the information/help

I'll look up nettle tea and horse tail  this evening.

I have a bottle of calmag here, I'll start it with the next feed.

Would the liquid seaweed feed not have enough nitrogen in it, to replenish/balance the plant out again?

• Like 1

Just now, Celtic voyager said:

@brock1

Thanks for the information/help

I'll look up nettle tea and horse tail  this evening.

I have a bottle of calmag here, I'll start it with the next feed.

Would the liquid seaweed feed not have enough nitrogen in it, to replenish/balance the plant out again?

Yes that should work just fine. I would personally go with a forage feed in-between the rain for a quick uptake. 

• Like 1

@stayup4ever

Collect young nettles during your daily exercise past the local fields or from your garden [with gloves on please!]. Crush up or cut up into small pieces to increase surface area and release the sap more quickly. Place in large bucket; without holes! Add water to just cover the nettles, ideally with water collected from a water butt, but tap water is fine. Add a weight such as a brick to submerge the nettles. Wait patiently to brew. Watch the bubbles and smell the aroma! After 3-4 weeks your Nettle tea will be ready to use.
Dilute 1 part nettle tea to 10 parts water and apply liberally to your growing plants. if you continue to fill up bucket throughout the year and you will have free organic fertiliser available for all your garden plants.

• Like 1

Just now, stayup4ever said:

@brock1 @oldgord how'd you boys make your nettle tea,what ratio do you use per litre of water roughly?

Its simple really but I make it a few different ways so here is the easy way. 

Step 1: Full a bucket with nettles.

Step 2: Full the bucket with water to the same lv as the nettles. 

Step 3: stair everyday until you get a foam form on top when you stair.

Step 4: you can skip if you don't want to store it. Strain the nettles out and full bottles and store in a cold dark place. Always shake before use.

Step 5: dilute at 1 part nettles tea to 10 parts water & feed or 1 part nettles tea to 20 parts water for foliage feeding. This is so you Don't clog the spray nozzle. :cheers:

• Like 3

Nice 1 cheers ..how long is it good for if stored ? I've got loads of nettles is it worth making a load this year and storing to use  next year?

• Like 1

Just now, stayup4ever said:

Nice 1 cheers ..how long is it good for if stored ? I've got loads of nettles is it worth making a load this year and storing to use  next year?

It will be good for a few year if stared correctly. If can also be re added to new batches to help speed fermentation. I have used 3yr old & it was as good as the day I made it still :hippy:

• Like 2

I normally 2 step when i use the teas ,   nettle for veg  & comfrey for bloom.       Nettle tea on the leafy veg is wonderful too.   

• Like 2