Outdoor feeding in large pots

Celtic voyager

Morning all. 

I'm looking for some advice 

I have a large girl growing in the garden in a 40lt pot, she's over 6ft at the moment, and she's a 100% indica.

Lately I noticed that she's getting a lot of yellow leaves, which I pluck, and has lost her deep green luster. 

I'm feed bio bizz grow as a feed, 

The thing is I never grew a plant this large, so, I don't know if I'm giving her the right amount of feed.

So what would others on here with more experience recommend in amount and how often should I feed her.

Don't want to loose her at this stage, because of something I'm not doing right 

Hi mate I've used bio bizz grow and bio bizz fish mix in the past at about 3 ml per litre.

was feeding every watering until run off which in the hot summer was roughly every 3 days or when the pot felt light if you feel the weight of the pot after a good watering then feel the weight after a couple of days it will give you an idea when to water mate .,liquid seaweed seemed pretty good to 

Edited by stayup4ever
  • Like 1

@stayup4ever

Thanks for that

Pots pretty wet now after all the rain

I was feeding once a week, at about 2ml per liter, I'll up the feed now to 3ml a liter, to 3 times a week to see will it make a change.

I have plenty  of liquid seaweed here, I might change to that, to see will it make a difference 

No worries mate 

Ah yeh she's probably hungry,try a dose of 4ml per litre on next feed get some grub into her maybe

Could also top up the pot with more compost if there's room and  you can use the bio bizz aswell as the liquid seaweed I think I used the seaweed about once a week and bio bizz for the rest of the waterings .atb mate

• Like 1

One or the other mate  either bio bizz or seaweed it's upto you and yeh I think the seaweed recommended dose was about 2-5 ml per litre if I remember correctly so 4 ml would be fine.but double check on the bottle 

• Like 1

Throw up some pics sir :yep:      I also prefer seaweed ,  in this shitty horrible weather and on a dry day only i much prefer foliar feeding in spray form as find it works faster and more effective.

Im guessing shes just showing her bits now ?     If so shes working that bit harder to form & grow ,  add the weather beating and some fading is acceptable.

Pics would be most helpful mate.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, OldFord said:

Throw up some pics sir :yep:      I also prefer seaweed ,  in this shitty horrible weather and on a dry day only i much prefer foliar feeding in spray form as find it works faster and more effective.

Im guessing shes just showing her bits now ?     If so shes working that bit harder to form & grow ,  add the weather beating and some fading is acceptable.

Pics would be most helpful mate.  

Will do, as soon as I get back this evening 

• Like 2

This is the girl

I removed a lot of yellow fan leaves this morning 

She was looking a lot worse for wear then

Could/should  I use the same feeding regime with these young photos as well, 

Their in 25L pots

Edited by Celtic voyager
  • Like 1

Personally I'd carry on doing what you're doing with those other plants they look nice and healthy...have you fed the bigger plant anything else apart from bio bizz? Some of the upper leaves look like nute burn on the tips 

• Like 2

Mate ,  they are a but bug munched and weather beaten but i wouldnt say your suffering.   

Give them a decent feed,  seaweed foliar or soil  and see how they shape up ,  the suns is allegedly coming back ,  see how you go :yep:

They certainly dont look bad mate

• Like 2

Thanks lads for upbeat comments and advice. 

I was worried that they, especially the big girl was going to fail.

I'm just after giving them all a feed of organic liquid seaweed, 4ml to the liter, to see how they come on.

@OldFord

Yes, they are fairly bug eaten.

Any suggestions to stop this from happening. 

Also, the smaller girls are photos I started late in the season, Hindu kush and white widow. 

Hopefully they'll thrive a bit more before end of autumn.