Filter on the floor with led

Hazeytones

This is my nursery tent

large.HomeboxFloor.JPG

I have my Carbon filter on the floor in both of my flowering spaces too.

I usually have issues with too low humidity in bloom though,

so I leave runoff in trays on top of the heating mats/underfloor heating in order to bring the RH up as well as running a humidifier in my lung room :) 

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hazeytones said:

What size space are you in?

1.5 x 3 but going bigger, going to ditch the tent and build with kingspan, reckon I can fit a 2.5 x 3. Will give me ample room for floor fans and the extra height to mount filter and dehumidifier and other fans in the roofs apex.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shumroom said:

I usually have issues with too low humidity in bloom though

I dream of too low RH, when the suns out, guns out but when it's drizzly or wet, it's too high and damp... not now :skin_up:

• Like 2

@sweettooth what size extraction are you using?

I'm still deciding on how to build my room, I was thinking one big room 2.4 x 1.5 or split it and have a 1.5 x1.2 then a separate 1.2 x .80 so I can stagger my grows a bit, because I'm going the no till route I can't really veg too long before putting in the bed.

If I did go for one big room I don't know that a 6inch fan would be up to the job.

@Hazeytones

I have an AC Infinity S6 currently but I also have a 10" vector V2 and filter ready to go that I picked up in the sales about 2 years ago. been picking up sales bit by bit, now I'm ready to build. the flower room will be 2.5 x 3 and then I'll fit the veg, clone and mother area in the lower section of loft, again with kingspan, I reckon 1m x 1m x 4m long

Edited by sweettooth
  • Like 1

Yeah I think you'd need about an 8inch to do the size room I'd be in if I was to use just the one big room. I don't think I will if I'm going to be working with no till beds other wise I'll be basically doing a full cycle each time, where if I have the two spaces I can veg one bed while the others flower and keep a small space for my mother's and clones.

1m x 4m is huge for a veg space. Would you not split that and have a space for drying? 

7 minutes ago, Hazeytones said:

1m x 4m is huge for a veg space. Would you not split that and have a space for drying? 

I'd love a separate space for drying, 1 x 4 means I can veg out a decent number and not have them stretch for competion, think between 18 and 24 plus mothers

• Like 1

I suppose it depends how many plants your growing and how big you want them before going into the flower room. Are you planning on keeping that many mothers? I could keep about 12 if i wanted and still have room for my propagator in a 60x90, although I'll probably make this a bit bigger as its only 60 high and can get a bit tight for sexing plants.

If I I build one big room 1.4m x 2.4m would the 594m3 6inch fan I have be OK for extraction?

Don't really want to fork out another few hundred for an 8 inch if I can get away with the 6... its all led so not much heat to be dealing with.

230cm. I should have said I'll not be growing in the whole space the active grow space will be covering two 3x3 beds but still don't know if the 6inch would cut it.

my 6 inch ACI S6 isnt realy enough for my 1.5 x 3m, Ive always upgraded my space before upgrading the kit. I now have enoughy upgraded kit sat waiting for the new space.

To answer your previous question... I want a 1m x 4m space so I can have a 1x1m area for mums and then the other area for clones and vegging. I need the space so I can train them from early doors as my flower room is only 180 high

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hazeytones said:

If I I build one big room 1.4m x 2.4m would the 594m3 6inch fan I have be OK for extraction?

Don't really want to fork out another few hundred for an 8 inch if I can get away with the 6... its all led so not much heat to be dealing with.

I'm running an 8" in the same space, although it's a loft tent, so less volume than yours. I'm running on 7 speed right now to keep the temps at 28 or below, and it's only 21 degrees outside right now. I don't think a 6 would be big enough for that footprint. I think even a 5x5 I'd run an 8" 

• Like 2

Totally didn't answer the original question :D 

I had my filter down at floor level over the winter grow, to pull heat down to the plants. I think this probably saved on some of the heating bill.

For the current grow, the filter's at the top of the tent taking heat away, running at 7 speed to keep the temps down during lights on. The heat mats alone keep the tent at 24 -25 degrees during lights off and fan runs at speed 5. 

• Like 1

Yeah I think if I go for one big space I'm going to need the 8inch. I might just stick with my original plan of of two smaller spaces, just be more of a job to build and a bit more hassle if anything ever went wrong having 3 separate spaces to explain.

@Gaijin how many Watts are you running in your space?

• Like 1