Dry sift screens - nylon or stainless steel?

Gaijin

4 hours ago, Graywolf said:

You need both the thread count and the wire or thread size.

There will be one less pore than thread count, so each inch will have the thread count plus one less pore.

If you multiply the thread count times the thread size and subtract that from (1), it leaves the space remaining for pores.

If you divide that space by the number of pores, it gives individual pore size in inches.

Divide pore size in inches by .00003937 to get micron size.

Well that is just awesome, thank you :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shotgun185 said:

@Gaijin you must have something kicking about in a draw you can use for the vibes! 
:rofl: :naughty:

I'll check on the missus' side of the bed, bound to be something similarly violent :rofl::rofl: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shotgun185 said:

@Gaijin you must have something kicking about in a draw you can use for the vibes! 
:rofl: :naughty:

Got so excited I posted twice :doh: 

Edited by Gaijin
  • Like 1

Just now, Gaijin said:

I'll check on the missus' side of the bed, bound to be something similarly violent :rofl::rofl: 

Don’t need to lie here mate we are all friends! lol

• Like 1

Screen printing screens are the cheapest option. 43t is the gauge commonly used for stuff like printing t-shirts, you'll get finer weaves too. Two or three screens clamped together, getting finer as you go down. Bob's your uncle! :) 

• Like 2