Dry sift screens - nylon or stainless steel?

Gaijin

I've always made my own screens, et al. A single 150 micron screen produces useable hash.  I've never used more than three screens, typically 130/90/50.  .

I use a 130 micron stainless screen for the first separation and silk screen for the finer mesh refinements.  To get full melt, I then use electrostatic separation to separate the heads only

Here is how I make my equipment:  

15.21 How to make DIY Dry sieving frames - GrayWolf's Lair (graywolfslair.com)

15.20 The Grinning Reaper - GrayWolf's Lair (graywolfslair.com)

Edited by Graywolf
  • Like 9

large.CA8E9F25-6353-4A5B-BA84-CF33025F3BB8.jpeglarge.8FE3BC39-1A77-427A-A601-648A49B1AE39.jpeglarge.65167E6C-B87E-4504-AD1D-F6856C352971.jpegHunt the moon. on eebay , printing screens. 

Basic and pretty cheap, they are sturdy and, you can make decent sift with the 43t. Pics at the top all came from the 43t . I’ve a 77t as well but I find that’s to fine.They are years old now. The biggest size you can get tho is size A3 so not ideal if you have a lot to get through .

Edited by vapeOguy
Pictures not behaving
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Military Grade said:

Printing screens, they come in all sizes and usually decently priced compared to canna aimed products. :yep:

How do you translate between thread count and micron sizes?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Graywolf said:

I've always made my own screens, et al. A single 150 micron screen produces useable hash.  I've never used more than three screens, typically 130/90/50.  .

I use a 130 micron stainless screen for the first separation and silk screen for the finer mesh refinements.  To get full melt, I then use electrostatic separation to separate the heads only

Here is how I make my equipment:  

15.21 How to make DIY Dry sieving frames - GrayWolf's Lair (graywolfslair.com)

15.20 The Grinning Reaper - GrayWolf's Lair (graywolfslair.com)

Thanks for those dude :)

• Like 2

Just now, MidgeSmith said:

Google lol

• Like 4

Ok, thanks dude.  I will continue it later.

[Trying to go through multiple Google pages while trying to move work along enough to make it seem like I am being productive is pretty hard and I totally accept that sometimes Yougle is a reasonable answer :) ]

• Like 2

Get yourself a trim bin and a trimbinator patents pending all rights reserved lol

40w of vibration :smokin:
I just chuck my trim in my trim

bin switch on the vibes and come back in half an hour. I’d love to try it out on some

screens like @lildaveham it’s very gentle.

large.8B78F26D-B949-47BD-B82B-9CD06B58A427.jpeg

• Like 6

20 hours ago, MidgeSmith said:

You need both the thread count and the wire or thread size.

There will be one less pore than thread count, so each inch will have the thread count plus one less pore.

If you multiply the thread count times the thread size and subtract that from (1), it leaves the space remaining for pores.

If you divide that space by the number of pores, it gives individual pore size in inches.

Divide pore size in inches by .00003937 to get micron size.

Edited by Graywolf
  • Like 8

@Graywolf Thank you for those links, great info :yep: 

@vapeOguy Nice little hash pellets :D I'll have a look at those screens, thanks 

@Flamedodger I can't work out what you're using for vibration. What's under that trim bin? Don't be shy :naughty:lollollol 

@lildaveham Thanks for that Dave, bookmarked :yep: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gaijin said:

I can't work out what you're using for vibration. What's under that trim bin? Don't be shy :naughty:lollollol 

A 40w concrete vibrator, they’re proper powerful, so you need a pwm dimmer to slow it down. It’s basically a vibration plate :yep:

• Like 1