Circulating fans?

snotbottom

Whats people using in led grows? I need something quiet, I could slow one down so would it be better to buy big and run slower?

• Like 1

I'm using a cloudray S6 but I'm not sold on it, yeah it seems the absolute bollocks but given they're getting a bit of a rep for being whimsical I'm not gonna give em a glowing review.... Mine works as expected though and I got it last year.

Previously I've hung ram Louvre action box fans with great success and been through more secret jardin monkey fans than I care to think about.

:yinyang:

• Like 2

Second the RAM louvres, easy to take apart and clean. Needs to be level if hung but it oscillates the air well. 

• Like 1

I've got an AC Infinity circulating fan coming tomorrow, gotta be better than the crap one off amazon lol 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, snotbottom said:

Whats people using in led grows? I need something quiet, I could slow one down so would it be better to buy big and run slower?

Big run slowly will definitely be quieter - if it is a half decent one, though you might need a wall to mount it on.  I have seen them suspended though!

I got a MaxiFan (6 or 7 inch I can't remember) when the Ora brand I wanted was out of stock. It is so damned loud for so little air, I would definitely avoid that.  If I had a purpose built room, rather than a tent, I'd have got a 12-18 inch fan with a lovely slow speed and been completely stealth!  As it is I have now got an Ora which is 2/3 the loudness of the Maxi, but actually shifts the air. The guy at the hydroponic shop I bought it from said it was better than the Ora, which it is not.

I'd recommend a Systemair RVK mine has been a decent workhorse for years. With a 1.5m tent I'd go for a 150mm (6") one. I have a 125mm (5") & I'd love to upgrade so I can run it slower.

Edited by Lux_Interior
mo info. init... mutha f*cka also fan sizes in inches

If you have the room for one there is only one circulation fan to rule them all......

Meaco 

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, BilgePump said:

I'm using a cloudray S6 but I'm not sold on it, yeah it seems the absolute bollocks but given they're getting a bit of a rep for being whimsical I'm not gonna give em a glowing review.... Mine works as expected though and I got it last year.

ill 2nd this bit (mines got a click click click thing goin' on, but that was my fault)

I do declare - my 2 x secret jardin monkey fans have been running 24hrs-a-day, for the last 2 years. awesome maybe an exaggeration but hey...

mystic

edit 2- people use those GAS diffuseAir's - they seem interesting, if they work proper

Edited by mysticriver
correcting autocorrect
  • Like 2

@mysticriver The GAS air diffusers are ok, they won't replace your oscillating fan though. There's nothing to go wrong with them really, they're just a little bit of metal with some slots in. If it's attached to a rvk fan then it'll last forever no doubt.

I can't recall the brand of oscillating fan I use, it was from Argos though and it's been on constant for a couple of years. It's one of those fancy ones with a remote control so if you have a power cut it won't turn back on until you do it yourself with the switch or remote. Needed a good bit of gaffa tape to hide the light on it though.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, KC said:

brand of oscillating fan I use, it was from Argos

how big is it? 

I sometimes put my (modified at the base + cut down) 16" pedestal room fan in the flower tent, that gets the air shifting

eventually im after an ac infinity cloudray 6 or 9 on each of the corner poles, possibly controlled with an aci controller

mystic

• Like 1

19 hours ago, snotbottom said:

I have a isomax fan but it's ment to be silent and it's like a aeroplane so I'm not even using it anymore I'm using a normal 6inch inline fan and turned it down on smscom controller so it's not too bad now but your not going to get completely silent fans if you do find one please let me know too happy growing 

The more I’m reading up on oscillating fans the more I like the idea of non directional airflow on plants instead of constant streams. And my other requirement is silence. Found both of these qualities in the form of AC Infinity’s Cloudray S6. I bought 2. 

• Like 1