Does anyone here put all their amendments in at the start of the grow?

childofmelee

5 hours ago, Revive said:

We have to deal with rodents , rabbits, foxes, deer , badgers mainly

Yeah we got rats, mice (ate a lot of my seedlings last season before I could get em out in the bush), rabbits, possums, pigs, deer, wallabies.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DutchFox said:

organic vertiliser needs time to convert to plant feed by bacteria and groundlife....take at least 4 weeks before needed

yes there are slow release chemical vertilisers... google ""osmocote""

That's why I'm thinking in decent soil there might be enough nutrients already there to keep the seedlings happy for the first few weeks and by the time the NPK from the fertilizer becomes available the plants will be 7 weeks old and be able to handle it.

I will certainly consider using chem ferts if the soil ain't decent. Already tempted to use osmocote even if the soil is decent.

28 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

I used to be an organic fanatic, but reality is its heavy / bulky / smelly , needs re-applying more and ultimately doesn’t lead to necessarily better weed.

Yep that's why I can't just use any fertilizer I want.  Less nutrient dense fertilizers that I want to use are just too bulky to carry deep into the bush because I need to take quite a lot of it.  One of the reasons I chose blood & bone + potash, these are NPK dense unlike sheep manure or other organic fertilizers, so I can carry the whole lot in one go.

28 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

If I’m growing for medicinal, then that’s the time to go Nth degree organic, and even question the quality of native soil (potential contamination?).  

I am growing for myself that is why I'm so hesitant to stray from organic amendments.  But I'll definitely have to consider the chem fertilizers because I am keen to cut down on plot visits.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, childofmelee said:

Already tempted to use osmocote even if the soil is decent.

Each to there own but for me it's organic sun grown all the way :yep:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Revive said:

Second that,

can’t beat natures bounty

:skin_up:

3 hours ago, Revive said:

I've only ever grown organically as well, but if we be honest with ourselves do plants really care where they get their nutrients from? Can a plant tell the difference between nutrients that come from an organic source and nutrients that come from a synthetic source?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, childofmelee said:

I've only ever grown organically as well, but if we be honest with ourselves do plants really care where they get their nutrients from? Can a plant tell the difference between nutrients that come from an organic source and nutrients that come from a synthetic source?

Absolutely not mate..but I don't grow that way for the plant I grow it organically for me and my consumption :yep:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Revive said:

I grow it organically for me and my consumption :yep:

So long as you don’t precede to mix it with Cutters choice tobacco in a spliff, then get the munchies and demolish a Chicago town pizza and pack of Haribo, all washed down with a can of Dr Pepper. Ask me how I know lol

Better be some hand stretched organic sourdough base, with some fresh berries and cold kombucha for afterwards….  Pure hemp unbleached papers and vegan roach :sly:

• Like 1

Just now, Amarillo slim said:

So long as you don’t precede to mix it with Cutters choice tobacco in a spliff, then get the munchies and demolish a Chicago town pizza and pack of Haribo, all washed down with a can of Dr Pepper. Ask me how I know lol

Better be some hand stretched organic sourdough base, with some fresh berries and cold kombucha for afterwards….  Pure hemp unbleached papers and vegan roach :sly:

lollol cutters choice  good god know.. American spirit only, raw rizzle always and the roach well ill rip that of me cornflake box there vegan aint they lollol

That made me laugh man lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Revive said:

ll rip that of me cornflake box there vegan aint they

Only if you intended to use oat milk.  

• Like 1