Hashslag's Indoor Escapade part 2 - Sensi Auto Hindu Kush

Hashslag

On 18/07/2023 at 2:17 PM, Hashslag said:

large.fb177ddb-51c8-43e2-a9f2-872d24bd762e.jpg

Dampening off, hot soil, over watering - any of the above really. Being an auto you're definitely on the back foot now but if her next set of leaves look good then she'll still give you a harvest. 

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey all - radio silence for a while on this!

So all was going well, bit of LST and she was looking nice and bushy. Then I went away for a week, leaving a full wine bottle of water upside down in the soil to gradually water in my absence.

Well, that didn't last, 100% would not recommend! Came home to a shrivelled skeleton of a plant, which I have now begun to resurrect and she seems to be responding well, although I'm sure it will severely impact the final yield. You live and you learn. I'll try to upload some pics when I can be arsed.

• Like 5

The story....

Before I left for the week!

large.1.jpeg

What I came home to...

large.2.jpeg

Where we are as of today!

large_3v2.jpg

So from disaster, to something of a resurrection. I'm counting 14 potential bud sites so let's see what she brings :) 

• Like 5
18 minutes ago, Hashslag said:

large.1.jpeg 

I'm away now (back home today) and so nearly did something similar (after a good few tokes watching utube)

What happened for it to fail?

• Like 2

@5Lip I went away for too long and there wasn't enough water in the bottle to cope. When I got back, the soil was so dry it had all split away from the edge of the pot (I had watered it before I took the photo of it). I think a weekend away would be OK, but a full week was too much of a stretch!

• Like 3

Had to go away again, this time just for the weekend so I tried the bottle trick again, and all was fine. The bottle was empty on my return but the plant was happy. I think a weekend is about the limit to this watering method, just in case anyone was thinking of doing it! I suppose it also depends on how thirsty your plant is, but this one is a bit of a gannet lol

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Things are looking pretty good! After a brief spell where her leaves were getting very crispy and crumbly, and I thought the initial damage had been too much and caused some sort of long-standing issue, I decided to simply up the watering and add a little feed into the mix and whaddya know? She was just really thirsty. Bounced back and is now really filling out the cab, thankfully she's started to flower now too so hopefully not much more growth other than the flowers :)

She still has some spotty brown leaves underneath here and there, but the new growth seems to be faring alright. Very hopeful of a decent-ish yield after all!

large.94a672d4-7b57-4a2f-b81b-955645d91431.jpglarge.87bab42b-9677-4e38-aee7-195e1f41c418.jpglarge.b281bec3-c532-4548-ac9f-36eb8e06c244.jpglarge.334b6386-f09d-4124-ac29-56a9d6fde29f.jpglarge.23aa95f1-bf88-4c8d-b005-a7973ae785e5.jpg

• Like 3

Dunno why, but all the newest leaves have started clawing. Truth be told, I'm getting a bit sick of this plant now. Flowering is progressing so slowly, and she just keeps getting bushier and bushier. Really filling the cabinet now, more so than it looks in the photo, and then there's this fucking clawing issue that's come out of nowhere.

Just hurry up and finish, you fucking green wanker.

large.ce0beb07-62e0-4707-9f77-73cddddaa3c2.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all. So she's still trucking along, flowers are getting bigger all the time, slowly but surely. Lovely Kush aromas abound.

One thing that I'm concerned about (curly leaves aside) is the sheer amount of foliage... she's so bushy, I wonder if it would be worth some delicate defoliation at all? When the leaves are clawed, do they still serve a purpose or do they become useless?

large.11d08707-2c93-4eac-84bd-b96b18dce9a1.jpg

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

Curly wurly, crispy wispy. I don't know if this is just normal at this stage anymore tbh. Rightly or wrongly, I've carefully removed some foliage that was either well beyond being any good, or leaves that were just buried out of the way. The flowers are still putting on weight, but nowhere near finished yet - the leaves are yellowing and getting crispy though. I don't want to chop early or anything, maybe just sit it out until the time comes. I also thought perhaps the light was too close and causing the issues, so I've dropped the intensity to 25%... although this goes against my better judgment if I'm honest. It was only on 50% to begin with. I'll give it a couple of days and see what happens.

large.IMG20230929092058.jpglarge.IMG20230929092105.jpglarge.IMG20230929092125.jpg

• Like 2