Avocet

@OldFord Thanks man, hope all is well with you this morning!!

Kilner 1.5’s and 2 litres purchased!! lol

And leaving Neville alone to do her thing!! 

• Like 2

Hey all, hope everyone is well and looking forward to the weekend!

It’s been a week or so since I asked about Neville being ready for harvest. The fan and filter have arrived. Sooooo…

Could I ask for some opinions? Tried to get a couple of offshoot branch pics too. If u need any more close-ups let me know, I’m home pottering in the garden today! 

large.IMG_2200.jpeg
large.IMG_2189.jpeglarge.IMG_2190.jpeglarge.IMG_2191.jpeglarge.IMG_2193.jpeglarge.IMG_2194.jpeg

Lower Brancheslarge.IMG_2198.jpeglarge.IMG_2199.jpeg

Handful of amber but more on sugar leaves. The calyxes seem to have noticeably swollen and I think Im seeing brown pistils ‘retracting’. BUT it’s literally my first one, so be gentle!! lol

And here’s the rub. I have to unexpectedly go away at the end of July for 10days. So really need to harvest the next few days, if I’m going to be around for the drying.

I have a mate coming to water the others and he can burp jars, if I can get them to that point. I have about two weeks from today. 
If she’s not ready, it’s a question of:

- chopping now perhaps in two stages and get her drying and into jars by end of month.

- leaving her until I’m back (3 more weeks)

- chopping just before I go and putting her in the dark room unattended for 10days while I’m away. (Can’t really leave the fan on while I’m away, so in the hands of the drying and weather Gods!). 

:g:

Any thoughts greatly appreciated!! 

I noticed @Ghillie_G had a Critical Neville. Hope u don’t mind me tagging you mate. Have u done CNH before…Should I be waiting to see amber?? 

Many thanks, A 

PS. She’s about 100 days in. 

Edited by Avocet
  • Like 5

Lovely looking plant mate. I’d definitely say she’s ready now. I don’t use a loop and go by the look of the plant and I’d harvest her.

All the best with the dry, cnh is a great smoke :skin_up:

• Like 2

:wub:   Nicely done sir :yep:     Start swinging that axe and get her felled !!      Preferably directly after a dark period as thc will degrade in sunlight so an earlu morning chop :yep:

Congrats mate she looks awesome !      A strict burping of the jars and it will bring out all she has to offer , it will prob fade smell wise but will return :yep:

Enjoy the fruits of your labour sir

• Like 3

Thanks everyone…much appreciated, as ever! :yinyang:

Just awesome, Neville is my first one…I’m so chuffed!! :yep: Big smiles. 
Righto, get some boxes and fan/filter set up tomorrow for an early chop Monday morn. 

Temps are forecast relatively low with highs around 20-22deg. Some rain…Will have to keep an eye out for humidity I’m guessing. It’s 80 in the conservatory atm after the deluge yesterday. Yesus Maria santosch, not seen a day of rain like that for a while! 

Aside from the fan and throwing frozen bottles in, I have little climate control…only space available is the garage. 

Must admit, had a wee tester yesterday after drying a lower bud for a few days. Little bit hay smell because I’m impatient but a really pleasant, uplifting, chatty high!! Just how I like it! lol

Hope you’re feeling ok  @OldFord!! 

And everyone’s plants are thriving. Have a great day all! A

Edited by Avocet
  • Like 5

Apologies, another couple of quick Q’s.

I’ve used the search but can’t find whether the filter goes on the intake side of the extractor fan or the exhaust end for drying. Most posts seem to revolve around using a tent…and I have no idea about tent growing or set up.

I’ve seen @Revive 2-3 box solution for drying chamber and @OldFord seems to use the same set-up…I’m doing the same! 

Drying box (large) or boxes - attached to smaller ‘central’ box with extractor fan - but where does the filter fit in? 

Do I put the filter in the ‘central’ box with fan outside via ducting? Or attach the filter to the fan, all on the outside. Or no difference?  It’s a simple 125mm extractor van (with variable controller). Rhino budget filter. 

Many thanks again. :yinyang:

• Like 1

My method , rightly or wrongly .is i link all the boxes normally 3 i run , with a X pipe so its got 4 ends,  3 ends got to the relevant drying boxes the 4th end into the intake saide of the fan and the output side of the fan into the filter.

So the filter is my exhaust so to speak.      Sucking in via the drying boxes to get airflow , through the fan and out the filter :yep:

You can also daisy chain the boxes to each other ,  i just try keep the fan sucking via the most central box. 

• Like 3

@OldFord Thanks mate. Much appreciated. Building it today if I can get boxes. Bit stressed with the first chop tomorrow. :mellow:

Hope you’re feeling ok and having a great weekend chap! Although interesting July weather eh? :g:

Cheers, A

• Like 2

Hey @Avocet I actually use a big tent to dry mine mate as i normally have a fair bit of product..maybe someone posted some advice on 1 of my diarys using this method.. theres multiple configurations you could use tbh but oldfords method works very well for him so I'd be inclined to follow that..  you could just have a play around to see what works best but a tried and tested method is always best :yep:

Try not to get to stressed about your first harvest bro as long as its a good slow dry and the rh isn't to high you will be sweet.

Are you planning to hang whole after removing your fan leaves or you going to wet trim it all before hand? I'd recommend to hang whole to slow the process down and avoid it drying too quickly.

Best of luck dude and congrats on your first harvest :thumsup:

• Like 3

Looks lovely mate top job indeed.

As the others have said get some air flow, try to keep temps down the best you can and don't rush it. Don't stress you'll be good :)

Enjoy your harvest.

• Like 2

@Revive

Aaaah, thanks man, much appreciated…smiling again now the deed is done!
And yes, sorry my mistake. Was in an old thread re  cheap diy dry chamber. In your diary/thread I think but by another member.

Yes, trimmed the fan leaves and given her a tidy. Cut into bits due to box size. It’s in the LD dark room at the moment while I wait for boxes to arrive! :wallbash: (Of course they didn’t come yesterday. Sunday. Totally forgot!) lol

I’m conscious that if it’s too slow I’ll run out of time before I have to go away. Plus I’ll need to trim and jar up…

I’ve actually left 3 lower branches on the plant. Do u think this is a good idea? The ends look ok (could do with a couple more days maybe??) but lower down pistils are white… should I leave them all on for a couple of days or chop the ends off and just leave the immature lower buds? 

large.IMG_2212.jpeg

large.IMG_2209.jpeg

large.IMG_2210.jpeg

large.IMG_2211.jpeg

Appreciate the advice :yinyang: A

Edited by Avocet
  • Like 4

I would just leave them and let them carry on :yep:    

Although taking bits a diff stages of cooked will let you try varying maturity and you can decide what you prefer ,  its amazing the diff a week cooking makes !!

May help with future runs ,  every plant will come up diff and taking snippets is key to deciding where & when you take her :yep:

I prefer the heavier side ...so tend to run until im playing chicken with the rot lol    

• Like 4

@CustardVape

Thanks mate!
The deed is done, well almost.

Boxes on their way and mid/top parts in the LD room for now! See above!

Fan and filter ready to be attached…does everyone in tents and drying etc just leave the fan on 24/7!? Even when out? I was thinking to get a thermostat switch that turns it on at a certain temp, say 20deg? 

Yet more research required!! 

Hows u? How’s your girls? Cheers A! 

• Like 2

@OldFord

How are you this weekend fella? Hope everyday you’re feeling a bit betterer buddy!!

Thanks for the advice, I’ll leave them for a day or 3, observe and perhaps take the ends first! :yep:

Thanks once again!  A

Edited by Avocet
  • Like 3