First Proper Poly tunnel grow

Scrape_the_resin

large.IMG_20230812_105828.jpgAnd here are the lovely ladies, 1 day shy of 6 weeks.  Really happy with progress so far.  Both seem incredibly happy and healthy.  They have super loved the sunshine over the past few days, as have I! And really seeing the benefit of the LST now.  Green crack is definitely in pre flower.

Northern lights on the left, green crack on the right

Edited by Scrape_the_resin
extra info
  • Like 4

large.IMG_20230814_195333.jpg

Any advice with this one? Attempting some further LST today I discovered how much less flexible they are getting as they grow.  Luckily I caught it very early, but this is when she started to snap, it's right at the top of the plant just below the top node.  So far I've left it, and it's gone a bit brown but hasn't affected the support of the top bit at all.  Ok to just leave? I won't be doing any further training for a bit on this top section. 

large.IMG_20230814_195522.jpg

The green crack fully into flowering now, she's really starting to stretch out as well. 

• Like 3

Nothing to worry about.

I would recommend the soft covered plant ties for training though :yep:

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

Nothing to worry about.

I would recommend the soft covered plant ties for training though :yep:

Atb

:yinyang:

Thank you mate.

Yes I do want to use them next time, to be fair I haven't had any issues with them so far, this was just me and my clumsy hands.  I have seen the damage these garden wires can do on my tomato plants though

• Like 1

large.IMG_20230816_134729.jpgOk so this week they are really going nuts, growing so so fast.  The green crack is in flower, early stages, the northern lights is as well but a bit behind the green crack..I'm in a greenhouse Polly tunnel thing, my biggest concern is humidity and the buds.  Although it's quite low in the day it rises at night, but matching outside quite well.  Ive got lots of things to cover humidity, but I'm not sure about defoliation to improve the general airflow and light, more to the point when to do it.  I've only taken one or two leaves off around week 3-4 previously.  Should I go for it now? Or wait until they are more into flowering? Any advice appreciated

• Like 7

I would just keep tucking the bigger fans underneath like u been doing looking at the pics.

Don't think i really defoliated any off my autos just the odd stubborn blocking leaf or dead ones.

I would keep doing what ur doing plants look healthy enough.

• Like 3