First Proper Poly tunnel grow

Scrape_the_resin

Good luck with them mate :yep:           The site is undergoing some server upgrades at the momemnt ,  could well be that its playing up ,  try uploading later :yep:

• Like 1

You'll need to run the Firefox Internet browser for best functionality atm. 

As @OldFord mentioned this site is due an overhaul of it's operating software. 

It's happening soon, 

but in the meantime Firefox for the win ;)

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 1

On 30/06/2023 at 2:18 PM, Crow River said:

It's true tomatoes have a strong musk, but once your autos are flowering, then you'll know what stink is! :D

I have a couple of lavender plants in pots inside my polytunnel. Grew one big lavender just outside it last year (killed by extreme cold in November) but it didn't make ant difference.....hence trying the inside track. You can pick live plants up from garden centres for not a lot.

My lilies are near some outside weed to try and mask the smell...

Have you triedsweet peas? If you get the scented varieties they can be very effective more than lavender imoe anyway :hippy:

I have started using the duck browser on my phone. It work pretty well but it won't to to desktop view & I struggle to find my gallery to add pics. It's their somewhere it just tske me 30mins every time I looks its like its playing hide & seek :wallbash:

Edited by brock1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, brock1 said:

Have you triedsweet peas? If you get the scented varieties they can be very effective more than lavender imoe anyway :hippy:

That's a good tip. Might just give them a try too, why not? :) Nice bit of colour. :yep:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Crow River said:

That's a good tip. Might just give them a try too, why not? :) Nice bit of colour. :yep:

Its like having someone walking around the garden spraying perfume all day. By far the strongest smelling plant's I have grow to date. Although a few friends used to grow gorse bushes in their garden & I loved the coconut smell from these a lot more in their short flowering period. Might have to get find a little one over winter & print it home just for that coconut smell :hippy:

• Like 2

@brock1 oh yeah, Gorse blossom smells wonderful! Apparently you can make wine from the blossoms, but reckon it would be a tricky job harvesting them - lots of bloody fingertips! :) 

• Like 1

large.IMG_20230721_120805.jpglarge.IMG_20230721_120802.jpg

And here we have Northern Lights auto on top, growing tall already. And Green Crack auto on the bottom. I think they are doing well at just under 3 weeks, took a while but got some pictures on finally. Let me know what you think!

• Like 6

Great man…All looking green and healthy!!

My first garden grow and have a Green Crack auto too, so will follow with interest!

Mine smells but not a stinker up to 80 days in. 

Had a few early mag def issues but she pulled through and doing ok now. (If the rot doesn’t get her the current “summer” weather!!)

Good luck mate!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Avocet said:

Great man…All looking green and healthy!!

My first garden grow and have a Green Crack auto too, so will follow with interest!

Mine smells but not a stinker up to 80 days in. 

Had a few early mag def issues but she pulled through and doing ok now. (If the rot doesn’t get her the current “summer” weather!!)

Good luck mate!

That's good to know.  There's Def a smell coming from the green crack even at 3 weeks, but I have to be stood right above it.  Nothing from the NL. What were you seeing for the mag deficiency? Yes I'm looking at the weather and thinking it may have worked out well doing a later start, as August is (apparently) going to be quite nice! Just in time for flowering I hope.  

I actually started on LST yesterday with the NL. They have the same amount of nodes etc, but the NL is growing really tall in comparison.  

• Like 1

Hey @Scrape_the_resin,

As I remember my Green Crack was the slowest to get started! Then she had the mag deficient issues but she put on a stretch and came good later…she’s not a giant but doing grand! 

(Pics in my diary Avocets New Newby Diary in Growing Under Glass).

Personally, I think the mag def was more the grwoing medium than the strain but it’s all new to me, so can’t say for sure. I wouldn’t worry - the community on here are brilliant and jump in to help and offer sage advice if u have issues! 

Good luck and have a great weekend! A

Edited by Avocet
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

large.IMG_20230804_201514.jpglarge.IMG_20230804_201504.jpgHere are the girls,just shy of 5 weeks old now, 33 days to be precise.  They have really sprouted but not as much as I'd hoped, think the lack of sun and lots of rain hasn't helped.  LST going well and really seeing the benefits now. 

large.IMG_20230804_202022.jpglarge.IMG_20230804_201835.jpgI think there isnwhite hairs appearing on both the green crack and the northern lights? Was hoping they would going just another week or 2.  Not sure if you can tell from the photos or not. 

Otherwise they are green and looking healthy

• Like 2

Haha just spotted the aphid on the close up picture.  There are a few on the plants, migrating over from my cabbage and beetroot, which they much prefer.  So far it is manageable, and by no means infested... Yet.  I've actually surrounded the plants with basil, as the aphids don't seem to touch that. 

• Like 1

The sun is beaming today! And the girls are loving it.  Really stretching, just seem perkier haha.

Convinced my green crack is in pre flower, I'm sure there is little white hairs appearing

• Like 2