Beginners advice on Harvesting

RougeDiablo

Hiya @RougeDiablo links to offsite image hosting sites is against forum rules.

Check out the link below for help on how to upload photos to your own personal gallery for use within your posts :) 

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/397925-help-for-new-comers-uploading-to-uk420/

It's tricky getting good macro shots,

but like you say the tripod will deffo help :yep:

Ignore the trichs on the leaves as they tend to go amber much earlier than those on the actual buds themselves.

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Hopefully the image uploader will be working on browsers other than firefox again soon. Apologies for my transgression for using external images too in the meantime.

A tripod and the camera on timer and what you have is probably sufficient @RougeDiablo still a little ways off :) keep checking when you can.

Did you take a look at the guide to harvesting in the harvesting sub fourm?

Me too as a noob it is difficult to decide when to chop, but if you follow the guide you can't really go wrong, it depends on what sort of stone you want.

Once new pistils have stopped coming then you have entered the harvest window. Then choose the stone you want depending on the balance of clear to cloudy trichs on the buds.

Rembmber to take the whole plant into consideration when decicding to chop. Cloudy amber trichs = degraded cannabinoids. That is unless you are wanting sleep meds.

Hope this helps. You may want to take a look at my cream 47 grow that I chopped on saturday. The consensus here was that they were ready.

51 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

Check out the link below for help on how to upload photos to your own personal gallery for use within your posts :) 

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/397925-help-for-new-comers-uploading-to-uk420/

Ignore the trichs on the leaves as they tend to go amber much earlier than those on the actual buds themselves.

Atb

Sorry about the hosting thing? Obviously hadn't seen that. Will try to learn whatever way the forum expects image posting. :yep:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shumroom said:

Atb

I'm not sure where I should discuss this, but after a little difficulty, I managed to create an Album. When I then tried to download images, whereupon, I intended to edit my previous images in posts, to remove the 'hosting' ones, with personal album ones, but all my attempts failed. I realised it was because my images on my laptop where around 800kb, and the forum limit here is 98kb. (Modern Smartphone image sizes)
So that has stumped me for now. 

I'll keep reading up, and Googling how to reduce image size, but for now, I'll have to pause. I started reading the comments on the helpful link, and can see others have had the same problem. They mention things like 'paint'? 

Anyway, I'll refrain from posting images, until I can work it out. The helpful members have given me enough advice, to feel confident about my personal issues, over my first ever harvest. 
I'll take it from here, and thanks all. :yep:

• Like 3

I use Infranview64 to reduce my image sizes. It must be free as I wouldn't pay for anything like that. It easy enough to use, well it must be if I can manage lol

• Like 2

Just now, KC said:

I use Infranview64 to reduce my image sizes. It must be free as I wouldn't pay for anything like that. It easy enough to use, well it must be if I can manage lol

Cheers. 

Will look into that one in a bit. If it's free and works, I'll be back a lot sooner!!! :mellow:

• Like 2

Are u on windows? Use the Photos app to resize you pics. Very easy but you can only do 1 at a time. Get them <1Mb

• Like 1

Just now, Ajimango said:

Are u on windows? Use the Photos app to resize you pics. Very easy but you can only do 1 at a time. Get them <1Mb

Thanks. :yep:

I am on Windows, so presumably can do that, although I hadn't heard of it before. I know a bit about gardening, but a lot less about technology!!! (A this point, I'd post a laughing emoticon, but can't find one of them either!)

Just now, Ajimango said:

Photos app already comes built into windows.

Just opened it up.....first time ever, and I've had this laptop for years! 

Attached my photos album, and my downloads album, so have the images I've used here, in Windows Photos. But can't see where you resize? I can copy, or move, etc. But not resize. O'll Google it later, there's probably an icon I can't see for looking. :mellow:

Umm strange. When i double click on one of my photos it opens a different looking photos app than when i open photos app from the start menu. The photos app that has the resize function is the one that opens when i dbl click the photo file.

Looking at this.

Phew got it.

Open the windows photos app. U get the usual mickey mouse sort of interface, ie a dumbed down one.

Click on your photo. At the top of the screem just right of centre you will see 3 dots in a line, click on the 3 dots ... all will become clear.

5 minutes ago, Ajimango said:

Umm strange. When i double click on one of my photos it opens a different looking photos app than when i open photos app from the start menu. The photos app that has the resize function is the one that opens when i dbl click the photo file.

Looking at this.

Cheers......that was the key I was looking for. The double click. When that opened in a new window, a right click then gave me the options of, among other things, a resize! :yep:

So I resized it to 90kbs, and tried to download it into the Album I've created. Unfortunately, it said 'Failed to download image -200', whatever that means. Tried a few times with the same error message. 

Your advice, and that of other members, is really appreciated, and super friendly, but this Forum's technical side is not user a friendly to an older bloke who is trying to catch up.... 

• Like 1

90k is a bit small. you need nearer 900k. Lots on here have had trouble with the gallery lately. Firefox is the browser to use if you arnt already.