Beginners advice on Harvesting

RougeDiablo

looks good to me - maybe a week or 2 more to pile some more weight on the buds, which she WILL do

mystic

• Like 3

With all this good advice being given, I'll post some more images next Tuesday (A weel on), and you can hopefully tell me I'm still on track, and it's progressing as you expected. :)

• Like 2

I am fairly new to cannabis, well about 4 years. I've only tried dealer weed a few times. One time I got mega para and my heart rate shot thru the roof. Thought I was gonna die.

If I cudnt grow it I wudnt bother TBF.

Although I used to smoke cigs  (stopped 14 yrs ago) I don't really like to smoke a joint or spliff (spliff is weed plus bacci. I use a Dynavap, just the basic stainless one. They dont cost that much. Once you get the feel of it, I find the flavour on the second heat up is so tasty and yummy, the hit too is so much cleaner than a joint without the carbon monoxide and other chemicals. It's making me salivate at the thought. You dont need to bother with a water piece just use the Dynavap as it is for a great hit.

You gonna need a grinder too. A basic one will do to start off.

If your gonna smoke, pipe/joint, take a couple of hits and put the joint down and wait a few min b4 toking again and youll be OK.

Nice little grow you got there. Did you grow under the velux?

I am also in a dilemma whether to harvest or not.

• Like 3

Just now, Ajimango said:

I am fairly new to cannabis, well about 4 years. I've only tried dealer weed a few times. One time I got mega para and my heart rate shot thru the roof. Thought I was gonna die.

If I cudnt grow it I wudnt bother TBF.

Although I used to smoke cigs  (stopped 14 yrs ago) I don't really like to smoke a joint or spliff (spliff is weed plus bacci. I use a Dynavap, just the basic stainless one. They dont cost that much. Once you get the feel of it, I find the flavour on the second heat up is so tasty and yummy, the hit too is so much cleaner than a joint without the carbon monoxide and other chemicals. It's making me salivate at the thought. You dont need to bother with a water piece just use the Dynavap as it is for a great hit.

You gonna need a grinder too. A basic one will do to start off.

If your gonna smoke, pipe/joint, take a couple of hits and put the joint down and wait a few min b4 toking again and youll be OK.

Nice little grow you got there. Did you grow under the velux?

I am also in a dilemma whether to harvest or not.

Thanks for your input. Interesting. (Although not too keen on that bad experience you had when using 'dealer weed'?)

I'm not going to use tobacco in any form, (apart from that previously mentioned occasional cigar, which isn't connected to this adventure). So definitely going for these one or two hit pipes I've bought. (If I get the harvest and curing right). Here's the link to the mini pipes...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08KZQH32M?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

If you are interested, I started the plant off in late March in a heated Greenhouse. Just followed all the advice on compost, feeding, etc, and had some tiny greenhouse grow-lights, I use for seedlings, orchids, and citrus plants, to boost the sunlight up to 12 -14 hours a day. The cheap Chinese LED grow-lights help me overwinter certain plants, or get seedlings underway a month earlier. My Greenhouse, as well as having a small heater,  also has a small fan. All went swimmingly until it was a healthy bush. I then started leaving it outside on sunny days, which we've had a lot of where I live in the UK. Until finally, as it's an experiment, and I didn't want to wait until the Autumn, I put it in a spare dark bathroom for 12 hours a day, to induce flowering. That again worked well. 
So from then, it now has three positions. The bathroom overnight. Outside by the bins on warm, dry sunny days, and under the velux window, in the room next to that bathroom, on any day when its unsettled, or windy, etc. I open that window to let a breeze circulate the plant, as that is generally a good thing for all plants. (Hence the Greenhouse fan, outside, or an open window).

And here we are? I'm watching out for trichome changes, and any sign of pests or mold. It has become a daily habit, just now, because of my inexperience and curiosity. I'm glad I live in a rural environment, because the smell is strong at the moment. I'm hoping to hang the whole plant, when the time comes, in that darkened bathroom. I can monitor humidity, and use a small fan, as long as it isn't directed at the plant. 

So that's me. All good fun.

Good luck with your efforts. :yep:

• Like 4

You've worked hard for your weed. You have done well. It will make the taste all the more sweet when you come to toke it. Take it easy you will be fine. Seriously think about getting a vape because combustion is for the dinosaurs and we know what happened to them :)

Tho i still have the odd smoke it's inferior to me.

Bacci yep, that stuff is pure evil. All pain and no gain. Even now 14 yrs later I still think of it, but the smell is disgusting.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Ajimango said:

spliff is weed plus bacci

Say what? I've never heard that before lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, latigid aikon said:

Say what? I've never heard that before lol

Yeah man, 3 single skins and a B&H :) wiht some hash crumbled in.

• Like 2

Just now, Ajimango said:

and a B&H

Must be a regional thing, spliffs are spliffs even without tobacco as far as I'm concerned lol

• Like 3

4 hours ago, latigid aikon said:

Must be a regional thing, spliffs are spliffs even without tobacco as far as I'm concerned lol

Aye, baccy and weed is a mixo, or so i know

• Like 1

I think it's called a joint when you put tobacco with the weed.

Not that anyone should be smoking tobacco :puke:

A blunt is pure weed innit and a spliff weed and baccy.

Personally @RougeDiablo I wouldn't use a pipe if you are a non-smoker.  I found it one of the harshest ways to use it.  I would use a vape as it is the gentlest ways to inhale cannabis.  You get all the goodness with much less of the lung-strain and less coughing for most.

Admittedly it is hard to get a very cheap vape that is worth using, but you sound like a man of at least modest means and it would be a shame to be put off by inhaling thick clouds of  hot, harsh smoke you are not used to and coughing a lot.  Your call of course, but I am sure the fellas here can recommend a vape - Dynavape (sounds like your kind of unfangled) or a decent electric unit that wont break the bank or irritate your lungs too much.

Edited by MidgeSmith

Yeah TBF those little mini metal pipes are absolute lung rippers. @RougeDiablo If you want a nice pipe have a look at the Screen Queen, I've had a lot of pipes over the years and none have been anywhere near as smooth or easy to clean as the Screen Queen. Do away with the carbon filters as they're just a gimmick and not at all necessary. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1