Who's still wetting seeds for the sun life ?

OldFord

Just now, brock1 said:

I am pretty much the same. Only things I don't really share are things I already shared to the point their's only a very small amount left. I remember sharing 200-250 SHD R1 & R2 the year I made them & keeped only around 20 seeds. I got 100% germination from tiny seeds. I think from the 20 or so packs I shared all of 5 seeds were germinated successfully by other people :doh: it cost me over £100 just to send these alone that year but I sent a lot more out at my expense around £1000 in air mail that year of different strains just in postage. So when people say it cost nothing to share seeds they are wrong & i hate to think what I have spent over the last 13yr on packaging and mail to send seeds but you know what I wouldn't change a thing's. Well maybe a few that vanished in the mail a few times. I used to repost 4 times before giving up but not its 2 only. Surprisingly I can honestly say in this time I never once broke a forum rule by sharing seeds openly through as you know we have shared but not through this forum. :cheers: Sharing here saves me a bit on postage & help keep the forum running which is a win win :thumsup:

Just speaks volumes about the kind of guy you are mate :yep:      Im not on your level though  ,  i post out , complying with the site rules !!  ,  i will help anyone that needs beans  ,  i would and have given my last bean out the fridge !       Would rather see something grown out than let it sleep in the fridge for years ,  yeah i get the need to keep for heritage / future breeding  , fully get & respect that.     

Its the guys that hoard beans with no interest in sharing / slim to zero chance of running them .... just dont get it ??   

May just be me ,  but if its in the fridge or garden im always down to share !          

Just stated this on another thread to ShumRoom ....... we could do with a UK420 Seed Exchange !      Stuff anyone dont want  / stuff anyone wants /  seeds looking for homes  etc.   

A basic subbie fee to keep the riff raff out ,  spread the bean love :wub:

• Like 5

Just now, OldFord said:

Just speaks volumes about the kind of guy you are mate :yep:      Im not on your level though  ,  i post out , complying with the site rules !!  ,  i will help anyone that needs beans  ,  i would and have given my last bean out the fridge !       Would rather see something grown out than let it sleep in the fridge for years ,  yeah i get the need to keep for heritage / future breeding  , fully get & respect that.     

Its the guys that hoard beans with no interest in sharing / slim to zero chance of running them .... just dont get it ??   

May just be me ,  but if its in the fridge or garden im always down to share !          

Just stated this on another thread to ShumRoom ....... we could do with a UK420 Seed Exchange !      Stuff anyone dont want  / stuff anyone wants /  seeds looking for homes  etc.   

A basic subbie fee to keep the riff raff out ,  spread the bean love :wub:

I can see this being very popular but also could be wasteful with older seeds also. In that if for example I have some original F1 Dame Blanche seeds not New Dame Blanche which is a hybrid of the original that isn't avaliable today because the original breeder died long ago. Anyway it would be heart breaking to send these in someone pay a subbie just to drop them in water 24hr then to dirt :doh::no: from what I understand these are really old & one of the first available strains using ploidy breeding by a commercial breeder to create a outdoor white window. The guy poisoned himself apparently from chemicals used to breed these lines I remember hearing something along these lines. I hold these lines because they don't germinate easily at all & their will be a lot of stuff similar that could become extinct from sharing old seeds. However I do agree that people like myself do have seeds that will never be sown unless they become rare & just be left in the fridge. Even these little 1 seeds freebies can be extremely rare. If numbers could be gathered to recreate old stuff like the sour cream I use which was discontinued long ago. If people pulled together & managed a 10 pack from singles a strain could be brought back from seeds doomed to live in a fridge a lot of people wouldn't even notice they still have. By the way if anyone is wondering the sour cream preserved next year when I pop a few sour diesel seeds to grow indoor with them. These do great outdoor with zero mould but don't even start flowering until September.  It kills the myth you can only grow fast photo sensitive strains outdoor. :pitchfork: problem is I can't breed it outdoor because its so late it won't accept pollen because its to cold & wet when it flowers. Tried 4yr & not a single seed :wallbash:

• Like 2

@brock1     Yeah i hear you ,  there will be bits that peole wanted to keep for personal reasons ... crack on :yep:

Mainly i see  ... boys & girls with seeds languishing in a fridge and as each year passes ...chances of working with them decline ,   i for one would much rather pay ... say a tenner a year and get a chance to liberate a bean that just wont see day light !   

Dont need to be fancy / a cult classic / a heirloom ,   just something that someone has and want to donate ...and that i fancy running :yep:

Part of the understanding of it would be that MOT all seeds are born equal !   Not all seeds will pop ,  not all seeds would make it .... but surely its better to try than see beans alseep for years ? 

Lots of guys i think would participate ,   a kind of free the bean thing !    May even help preserve lines or diversify them ! 

I got stuff on my want list sadly no longer for sale ,  im sure guys that would play have stuff they no longer want and stuff i may well want :yep:

One mans trash is another mans gold .... no matter how old & crusty it is !!    

I would have plenty of time on my hands , plenty of interest and got zero interest in ripping anyone's beans lol 

I would be down for handling it and adding another element to this great place :yep:        

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, OldFord said:

@brock1     Yeah i hear you ,  there will be bits that peole wanted to keep for personal reasons ... crack on :yep:

Mainly i see  ... boys & girls with seeds languishing in a fridge and as each year passes ...chances of working with them decline ,   i for one would much rather pay ... say a tenner a year and get a chance to liberate a bean that just wont see day light !   

Dont need to be fancy / a cult classic / a heirloom ,   just something that someone has and want to donate ...and that i fancy running :yep:

Part of the understanding of it would be that MOT all seeds are born equal !   Not all seeds will pop ,  not all seeds would make it .... but surely its better to try than see beans alseep for years ? 

Lots of guys i think would participate ,   a kind of free the bean thing !    May even help preserve lines or diversify them ! 

I got stuff on my want list sadly no longer for sale ,  im sure guys that would play have stuff they no longer want and stuff i may well want :yep:

One mans trash is another mans gold .... no matter how old & crusty it is !!    

I would have plenty of time on my hands , plenty of interest and got zero interest in ripping anyone's beans lol 

I would be down for handling it and adding another element to this great place :yep:        

Yep that why I mentioned the 1 free seed thing. I did similar a while back with the shortlist devils harvest seeds I used in double dead that wasn't avaliable. I managed to get 12 regular seed. Well a mix of fem seeds & regular at the time gathered from across the pond. I was gutted though as they were sent over here in 1 envelope 12 zip bags stalled together and everyone crushed :wallbash:I managed to germinate only 2 damaged seeds both female and created the double dead skunk because of the low numbers & no males. Double dead skunk it GG#4/blues x shoreline. I will be starting some ploidy breeding on this at the end of the year.

Edited by brock1
  • Like 2

I have just added another pack of beans to next years fun in the sun at the new house :yep:     

A pack of badbillybobs   Sun Dog ..... 2nd sub for a pack ,  earlier one  i grabbed with Brock's OHG ,  the Sun Dog's i split with a member  ,  left me 1/2 a pack ... more is much betterer lol 

So another pack and widen the chances of finding something i have been looking for quite some years  ,  drew lots of blanks  , hell even our own @ratdog tried a run for me sadly no joy ,   i  desperately want to find a Sunshine Day Dream leaner and the man himself reckons their a few to be had :george:       

Sunshine Day Dream was a firm garden fav for long time ,   seem to have lost my last pack as cant put my hands on it ,   so my goal is to capture a strong SSDD leaner and i will be a very happy boy :wub:    Not the strongest / hardest hitting / most flavoursome ,   just a real real nice infuence to be under and on a sun blessed day it just works ,  very nice place to be :yep:

• Like 2

@OldFord You advised me when I joined to plant twice as many as wanted but I was bit worried having more than 4 babies…and in 3-2-1…low and behold two doing ok, two having issues! lol

Sooooo, literally just popped and potted a Mighty Amstel Freezeland this morning! 

Hope you’re doing ok!! 

Edited by Avocet
  • Like 3

Just now, Avocet said:

@OldFord You advised me when I joined to plant twice as many as wanted but I was bit worried having more than 4 babies…and in 3-2-1…low and behold two doing ok, two having issues! lol

Sooooo, literally just popped and potted a Mighty Amstel Freezeland this morning! 

Hope you’re doing ok!! 

Im getting there mate thanks       More than welcome , we all in the same boat with the same goal :george:        Anyway more is always much betterer lol 

Mother natures a bitch , lady luck wants to kick you in the bollocks  ,  slime brigade is relentless ,  genetics ,  weather  ,     got to love this outdoor life lol  

More is betterer :yep:   

• Like 3

I'm gonna pop another shaman to make sure I fulfill my comp duties, I've a sneaking suspicion she won't have survived at the plot and itd be rude to just give up at the first hurdle.

I've also taken cuttings off my indoor girls to either give my mate, or if he don't want them, run in my other mates garden. 4 code reds, 2 London pound punch and 2 slurri fritter. The LPP indoors is looking like a born winner!

• Like 4

Indeed I germinated two more beans a couple of days back. Sweet Seeds auto  S.A.D. just to see if I can get a harvest into late September, early autumn. My main goal was to try germinatng in Root Riot cubes instead of straight into soil which I've had mixed results with. 

So far I've burned the shit out of them under my little led but there now in the greenhouse hopefully recovering lol

Edited by CustardVape
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, CustardVape said:

Indeed I germinated two more beans a couple of days back. Sweet Seeds auto  S.A.D. just to see if I can get a harvest into late September, early autumn. My main goal was to try germinatng in Root Riot cubes instead of straight into soil which I've had mixed results with. 

So far I've burned the shit out of them under my little led but there now in the greenhouse hopefully recovering lol

Good man  ,   the little SAD will be fine into the late summer , tough little auto.   Good luck with them mate   

I have tried numerous times with jiffy's , cubes and every single time i fail ,  i either  get a no show or it gets too wet and rots ,   Mrs OF swears by them for her bits !

I cant for the life of me use them ,  so i use seedling pots & soil and not lost one this year :yep:

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, OldFord said:

Good man  ,   the little SAD will be fine into the late summer , tough little auto.   Good luck with them mate   

I have tried numerous times with jiffy's , cubes and every single time i fail ,  i either  get a no show or it gets too wet and rots ,   Mrs OF swears by them for her bits !

I cant for the life of me use them ,  so i use seedling pots & soil and not lost one this year :yep:

They were up in a couple of days. So far I'm quite pleased with the cubes. Funny how we all get differing results.

It was my led I put too close that was the problem . I fried the first set of leaves lol

Fingers crossed they'll recover...

Edited by CustardVape
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, CustardVape said:

They were up in a couple of days. So far I'm quite pleased with the cubes. Funny how we all get differing results.

It was my led I put too close that was the problem . I fried the first set of leaves lol

Fingers crossed they'll recover...

Thats exactly what i love about growing the girls ,  theres no right or wrong , you get into your own groove and off you go :george:

I only got little T5 tubes just for that very reason lol     Not even allowed matches let alone led's  ffs  lol     

• Like 5

One is offically done with seed wetting for the season ,  the T5's & seedling set up all washed down / sterilised and packed away.     No more this year.

The last 2 seedlings were SeedStockers Triton Biscotto Lime auto  &   SSSC Black Leb ,  both in the greenhouse and under a shading net , coming ot into the sun today.  

Suns hiding and i can play , albeit it gently ,  but its playing :wub:  

• Like 3

Yep, that's me done now as well. Switched off the propagators, will be cleaning them and putting in storage for the autumn indoor growing. Veg cab and a small tent still active, but only a few more weeks until everything should be outside. My energy bill will decrease shortly...

• Like 1