Scissors, Trimbag or Spinpro?

Amnesia

Harvest with Scissors, Spinpro or Trimbag?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I do it all by hand recently has lots of advantages, splits the work in 2, separates the fan leaves and sugar trim, once dry I chop the branch’s off and do the final trim sat in a comfy chair. As posted above it’s a lot gentler on the bud.

• Like 3

just dont try putting 'too dry' buds into a bowl trimmer

because it chopped them up, lost a few z's recently

mystic

I have some serious problems with harvesting and trimming.....I'm great at the start, but once I've had a few tokes and trimmed a single bud the novelty soon wears :smokin:and I'm left with a pile and hours of trimming. It doesn't help that my eyesight is shit as well :wallbash: I recently ran out and was forced to wet trim / fast dry some weed (3 days from chop to smoke) and actually don't mind it at all, found it easier to wet trim too.

Edited by 5Lip

Scissors every time but like GSZZ and others said never again will I wet trim.  Still takes me a good few hours to do dry but much more relaxed and enjoyable job.  Smashing any flower around in a bag or a cage just seems wrong to me unless you’ve got to process loads or can’t physically manage it. :cowboy:

• Like 1

I think its definitely dry trim for me in future, once i've basically wet trimmed the fan and bigger leaves. For me its the headache i get after a few hours, i really gone off the smell of fresh cut weed. :bad:

• Like 1

I saw elsewhere on here that silicone brush gadget? Forget what it's called. Looks a bit like a silicone pastry brush, but the 'fronds' are flat rather than spaghetti-ish, and likely a bit stiffer. You just brush it over your buds until you reach desired finish. I'm pretty sure this could only be used on dry bud rather than wet though, obviously.

As I've only done this a couple of times now, and only ever had small amounts to deal with, I really enjoy the trimming. I just sit out here in my shed, put a podcast on and chill with it. I find it quite therapeutic lol 

• Like 1

Just me, the missus, a couple of trimmers and and a whole load of joints and vape hits :bong:
ETA the trim bins look great but are way too overly priced for some plastic and a mesh screen.

Edited by Lubdub

12 hours ago, 5Lip said:

It doesn't help that my eyesight is shit as well 

these are pretty good 

cant post big online retailer links but - 

YOCTOSUN Rechargeable Headband Magnifier with 2 LED Lights and 5 Detachable Lenses 1X,1.5X,2X,2.5X,3.5X, Hands-Free Head Magnifying Glasses for Close Work, Jewelry Work, Watch Repair, Arts & Crafts

work well for trimming

mystic

• Like 3

On 05/06/2023 at 9:24 PM, GSZZ said:

Once you've hung and dried them, debone the bud into a sealed bucket or similar container and chip away at it over a few days.

this seems like the best way, & when the bud is that dry most of the leaves can just be pulled off with fingers

mystic

44 minutes ago, Hashslag said:

I saw elsewhere on here that silicone brush gadget? Forget what it's called. Looks a bit like a silicone pastry brush, but the 'fronds' are flat rather than spaghetti-ish, and likely a bit stiffer. You just brush it over your buds until you reach desired finish. I'm pretty sure this could only be used on dry bud rather than wet though, obviously.

As I've only done this a couple of times now, and only ever had small amounts to deal with, I really enjoy the trimming. I just sit out here in my shed, put a podcast on and chill with it. I find it quite therapeutic lol 

Thats the cannabrush you speak of, not tried it but only for dry bud to get the sugar leaves off. I also used to find harvesting therapeutic in the early days but 14 years  and around 28 grows later not so much. :schmoll:

• Like 1

I hate harvesting with a passion. I don't even do crops anymore, it's one of the reasons I went perpetual. I like to hang the plant whole when I can, in the colder months it just gets hung in the loft but during the warmer months I have to take the branches (with fans on) and place them on my drying net. After it's been destalked I take any leaf off that I don't want going in to my trim and run the buds through the trim bag, usually about 20 turns. Sometimes they come out and I'm happy with them, sometimes they need finishing by hand.

Even just destalking and removing the leaf I don't want to keep is bad enough. How people hand trim a whole harvest is beyond me now. Surely there's better things to do?

• Like 1

well i must say this last lot of plants were a piece of piss to wet trim, very low leaf to bud ratio on the majority, i enjoy it when it's like that, and gives me a chance to check the buds over for any issues.

• Like 2

@ratdog  You raised a point there, with spin pro or trimbags if you have an undiscovered bud with bud rot the thought of that cluttering around with your non bud rots buds makes me feel a bit uneasy about the idea.

• Like 1