I've narrowed down to these fans

mystic_roots

I control both temps and Humidity, and have the min speed at level 1 and max speed at level 7, with a 3% Humidity transition threshold and 1c transition threshold for temps. Works perfectly

This also means the fan will never go below level 1 speed and turn off :yep:

E2a, I don't use minimum triggers only Maximums for both temps and Humidity

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

Whenever I set mine to do both I end up in a weird downward spiral, fan ramps up to reduce humidity but that brings down temps which raises them again. Just need up with a cold damp tent :wallbash:.

I wonder what's different about our setups? From what I gather they're pretty similar. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

I aim for low Humidity in general, I also have a Meaco platinum sitting next to my tent and two tube heaters in the tent controllered by thermostat, I'm sure they are gonna effect things a bit :yep:

Tho saying that when I don't run the dehumidifier in veg I also don't get what's happening to you, maybe the tube heaters stopping the temps going down much and in turn stops the humidity swing May also be at play then.

Yeah I've got 2 tube heaters as well, but without the dehumidifier I need so much fan speed that their still not always enough to keep things warm, even with the lights on. The only big difference in our setups is my no till bed, but I've had this problem since before that. I guess we must just have very different environments outside our tents. 

• Like 1

Yeah my bedroom is normally the hottest place in the homes i've lived, Gaming PC, multiple screens, sometimes a dehumidifier ect, nightmare in the summer tho so that forced me into getting a Air Con unit for the home.

Keeping my warm bedroom is never really a problem, plus the XS1000v1 driver kicked out a decent amount of heat, the new light i got kicks out even more that i had to reinstall the hanging fan and again to blow on the driver to keep it from getting hot, I really hope that hanging fan will be enough when the summer comes along as it will be my first summer with this light.

I think the AC controller plays a part in my dialling in but only that a part, the combined effort of all the things i've added/do makes it happen i think, still room for improvements tho

My new fan and controller came but not had time to swap over the controllers to the wifi one yet, dam groin injury is sure demotivating

• Like 1

can I just ask, as im a little confused -

at first I thought extraction was something that I had to have on all the time & at a high rate

like everyone was saying that you NEEDED to have the extraction changing the air a minimum number of times an hour

but with closed systems [think co2] the air is just circulated, fresh co2 pumped in

so is it more about having a fresh supply of co2? thinking out loud - answering my own question...

as I might get a aci controller to do the extraction fan, + pole fans

do you guys have the extraction running to control a set temp/humidity range? - ive answered me again/slow on the uptake, just catching on

so your Ex isn't on high, all the time..?

(my understanding is altering in real time here)

mystic

• Like 1

My one is on level 1 unless a max temp or humidity has been triggered then it will automatically raise its speed to deal with it, depending how much over dictates how much the fan speed will raise and transition threshold setting.

I have the S4 for a 60x60x160 tent, as long as you have negative pressure you're fine, with my Setup level one achieves this.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 2

Pretty much the same for me as @Military Grade C67 on a 6" serving a very small volume 0.4 square x 1.0. I set a max temp trigger that I usually leave set through the entire grow & adjust the high RH trigger to suit veg/transition/flower. 

Found once balanced I can use an off speed of '0' and have the fan switch on briefly a few times / hr. I Change to an off speed of '1' when flowering starts in ernest. 

As it's so oversized on speed is 2 or 3.

• Like 3