I've narrowed down to these fans

mystic_roots

So I'm looking to upgrade my fan as it doesn't have a speed controller and I think it's one of the main culprits for drying my weed to fast but I'm torn between which to go for. I only have a cheap 4" RAM one which was like £32 so I think it's time to upgrade so I guess it would be best to stick with 4" due to the ducting and my carboair filter size.

Secret Jardin DF16E350 - £109.99

4" Rhino Ultra Digital EC Fan 100mm - £79.95

4" Ac Infinity Cloudline S4 EC Fan - £114.95

I do like the look of the AC Infinity but is it really worth that tag?

• Like 2

Can't comment on the Rhino but the infinity fans are top notch. I got the 6" so I could run it low & I rarely have it above No2.

• Like 3

I have the infinity T8, which looks the same as the S series and it is as quiet as you like. The thing with ec fans is that you can do everything you want with this type of fan: 24/7 running slow - no problem; intermittent running - no problem. You can just turn it on and just use the fan speed button. I've only had mine a little while, so it's not doing any monitoring/controlling duties yet. The control panel is still new to me but it looks straightforward.

• Like 4

I'm seriously thinking about getting the controller now & I'm blaming you @catweazle1 lol

Edited by Rhubarb & Flustered
  • Like 3

Just now, Military Grade said:

I plan on buying a second fan with another controller lol

You're the reason I paid silly money for the oscillating fan, time will tell if it was worth the extra or not, the rate we end up going through the cheaper ones it should be. I'm tempted to build myself a bigger box and get another light, the weed itself isn't addictive but the constant buying and upgrading of grow tools certainly fucking is.

• Like 8

@Rhubarb & Flustered  You're not wrong there mate, and buying Seeds lol

I've got the S4 with the Bluetooth 69 Controller, but want to get another S4 with a WiFi 69 Controller and use the WiFi version for my current big tent, then use the Bluetooth one for my new litte tent

40x40x120 £19.99 delivered:ohmygod:

large.20230506_011938.jpglarge.20230506_011955.jpg

• Like 8

That's a steal for the 400. Just checked back & my 400x1000 was £43 two years ago. 

Good find. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mystic_roots said:

4" Ac Infinity Cloudline S4 EC Fan - £114.95

Yes, this one … Got 4" Lite version I think was around £80-90 with bluetooth controller (total was 160), and it's great, have never run it above 5

there's a combo offer for 149.00

can't put link here ... pm me if you want :hippy:

Edited by handysmoker

9 hours ago, Military Grade said:

Rhino is 56.8dB

AC is 28 dB

Not sure if they are max speeds levels:g:

Pretty sure @The Villan saw them side by side in a shop and found the rhino to be quieter. Maybe aci state their minimum spl and rhino state the maximum? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

28db is equivalent to a whisper.

A person whispering is 10-20db, and the way dB works is it don't go up in a linear level meaning that extra 8db is a lot

Mine is silent on level 1

Maybe that dB reading of 28 is at half speed:g:

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

A person whispering is 10-20db

No it isn't large.Screenshot_20230531_093124_Chrome.jpg

Mine is silent on level 1

Mines certainly very quiet but it's not silent. 

And like you say, the DBs work 28 is quite a bit quieter than a whisper. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2