I've narrowed down to these fans

mystic_roots

Strange as what I just looked up stats a person whispering as 20db from five feet away, mine definitely ain't 30db, maybe their use of the term "whisper" is different.

Mine on level one I had to hold a bit of paper at the end to make sure it was even on lol

Edit: it does say whispering near by as 30db on my list but that would still be louder than my fan tbh

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

@MindSoup

Where does your S4 rank on this chart?

large.Screenshot_20230531_094958_Firefox.jpg

I know mine is very loud on max tho, gotta be more than Washing machine lol

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

Probably About 28 lol. I've got pretty good hearing and I doubt I'd be able to really hear a whisper from 5 feet. A whisper is a pretty subjective thing though.

Like you say at full pelt it's pretty fucking loud though. I can just about sleep next to mine on 8, but 10 is too much. 

• Like 2

I could hear mine when I was on the bog playing around with the app when I first got it and that's with no joining walls lol

• Like 1

Just now, Military Grade said:

when I was on the bog playing around with the app

I TAKE MY LAPTOP TO THE SHITTER - there... had to get that out, no pun intended 

thank you

mystic

• Like 4

My AC 4" lite is about 6-7ft behind my sofa, behind a cupboard door and sits outside the tent ... set on 1 it is totally silent for me, when on 5 I can barely hear it, and it's never needed to go over 5 ... do have a small tent though 60x60x140. :)

• Like 2

Just now, mysticriver said:

I TAKE MY LAPTOP TO THE SHITTER - there... had to get that out, no pun intended 

thank you

mystic

Do you remember the old days when if you didn't have a newspaper to take in then you had to count the tiles or read the ingredients on the toiletries 

• Like 4

Just now, Brysee said:

read the ingredients o

yes where u would read stuff you NEVER would bother with any other time

mystic

• Like 4

Just now, handysmoker said:

5 I can barely hear it

Yeah mate 5 gives a decent amount of flow and it's hardly noticeable at all. 

• Like 1

Well looks like I’ll be buying the ACI lol 

You’re all a bad influence 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Military Grade said:

Strange as what I just looked up stats a person whispering as 20db from five feet away, mine definitely ain't 30db, maybe their use of the term "whisper" is different.

Mine on level one I had to hold a bit of paper at the end to make sure it was even on lol

Edit: it does say whispering near by as 30db on my list but that would still be louder than my fan tbh

Just for peace of mind I often need to stick my head at the end of my ducting to check that it's running.

• Like 2

So it arrived today, currently installing it with the controller but my question is, do I control the humidity or the temperature with the controller? I have a humidifier in the tent which is also controlled to 70% and the temps are between 24-27 but I don’t want the fan to stop entirely if the temps are below 25/26. 

5 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Either or, it's your choice, but doing both at once doesn't usually go well. 

I’ll have to set it to temperature but if it falls below the set standard I shall have to leave it on speed 1. 

Sounded like such a good idea at the time but I’m not fan of setting up confusing panels lol 

• Like 1