Avocet’s New Newby Diary

Avocet

Sorry @Avocet   i never looked at your pics properly soz man  ,   @BluePeter is ont the moeny !!

I use 2 boxes for drying with air intake holes,  a Y piece 3 way joint ,  2 pipes from drying boxes,   the fan in line on the 3rd Y piece outlet  ,  then into the filter. 

So its sucking in via the drying boxes , and out throught the fan into the filter ,   this way creates air movement and filters via the exhaust side :yep:

Maybe i wasnt clear enough and should have added pics mate.     I just assumed when you siad ity was working it was all good and didnt scan the pics lol   

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 4

@BluePeter @OldFord

Thanks chaps, I’ll have a switch around this morning!

Airs definitely flowing…I can feel it moving across my fingers but easy to job to correct.

I definitely need a filter for the smell. It’s all in the garage and exhaust end is essentially blowing out to the front of the house. 

Yesterdays weather ran against forecast. Little rain and a fair amount of sun and wind. So no more rot so far! :yep:

Thanks again Blue Peter!! Hope you’re feeling good today oldford! A

Edited by Avocet
  • Like 2

@BluePeter @OldFord

Job done! Does this look more like it? 

large.IMG_2253.jpeglarge.IMG_2254.jpeg

Airs flowing and no smell so far! And no more mould I can see. Humidity is very high at 80% but literally nothing I can do but pray it starts to drop.
Very damp out this morning but forecast to brighten up and  drop to mid-60’s outside later. Home today so will keep an eye on it. Seems to be drying slowly…

Thanks again, A

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...

Well people, back from trip and it ain’t great. 
Was unavoidably away a bit longer than planned. 

There was a lots of rot running through the Super Cali H and the Green Crack. And whilst cutting it out I’ve found a couple of seeds in both. 

large.IMG_2446.jpeg

Looks like the Frisian Duck has hermied (if I’m using the right expression?)…

So is it either that pollinating the others or could it be the neighbour - who was talking about growing last spring - having a male?  

large.IMG_2442.jpeg

large.IMG_2443.jpeg

Harvesting what’s salvageable tomorrow morning, see what I end up with. 

Topped the MAF before I left and she’s doing great. Soooo glad I decided to do a late one.  

large.IMG_2444.jpeglarge.IMG_2445.jpeg

Hope all u guys are well and having better luck. Will have a read and a catch up when I have some chill time! A

• Like 4

Shame about the rot dude , it's been a pain this year.

That MAF looks awesome though , nice one!!

Take it easy bud :yep:

• Like 1