Euforia - StrawNana - Unknown Mephisto x 2 - WW

Lubdub

Hey @Rustybiff thanks for words :) 

Thrips are right cunts to deal with mainly because they are so tiny and can hide in all the nooks and crannies during treatments only to come out partying and fornicating again once there's an all clear.

So the trick to deal with them is consistent, strong application over the course of like 7-10 days.

I use 1-2 tablespoons of neem cake per litre of water for any application I use neem cake for, whether that be feeding compost or foliar spraying.

1ml/l  foliar spray for nutrient benefits and 2ml/l for pest management.

Just had a look at your plants. I would suggest the strong 2ml dose for foliar spray and  1ml/l watering the compost, every watering for at least a week. (If you're watering every day maybe skip a day with just pure water).

The fuckers are also in the top mulch of the soil so that needs treating too.

You'll want to dilute your neem cake in water for at least 6 hours, stirring frequently. I find it gets better the more its stirred and agitated, you want that really dark brown colour.

And then just spray the fuck out of the plant, go crazy.

And just to add, sometimes a good way to start the treatment is to blast the plant with a high pressure shower head. This is something I've had to do with bad infestations on some houseplants, just knocks a ton of them off giving you a bit of a head start. Understandably that's a pain in the ass thing to do if you've got big pots.

Also filter the bits out before it goes in the spray bottle or it'll clog and ruin.

Sorry for the long post lol.

• Like 2

Just over 5 weeks in, let the budding begin:clapping:
Euforia back-left has had a weeks head start on the flowering. You can see her top head peaking over just there. Will grab a pic when its lights out, she's frosty already

large.signal-2023-05-28-203437_002.jpeg

Some strong knuckles and surface roots on the Mephistos.
That cotyledon holding on for dear life lol

large.signal-2023-05-28-203437_004.jpeglarge.signal-2023-05-28-203437_003.jpeg

• Like 3

Dude no need for an apology for the long post, that's some really great info! Thanks so much for taking the time :).. So it sounds like the best way to go would be to just turn the blumats off and hand water for week using the doses you suggest? Defo the shower head is out of the question but I can still hopefully knock a few of the buggers off with a pressure sprayer at least? I reckon a week of this treatment would be a good way to go and then get them flipped.. I finally found my snips so had a good tidy up underneath, those thrips have really stressed these plants out, some leaves are absolutely covered in markings.

On 27/05/2023 at 5:21 PM, Lubdub said:

@Rustybiff Just noticed I'm saying 'ml' when I mean to be saying 'tbsp'..

Stoned and all that :wassnnme:

Had me stumped for a moment, glad you cleared that up lol

Thanks again mate, what a great breakdown - wish me luck!

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Rustybiff said:

So it sounds like the best way to go would be to just turn the blumats off and hand water for week using the doses you suggest? Defo the shower head is out of the question but I can still hopefully knock a few of the buggers off with a pressure sprayer at least? I reckon a week of this treatment would be a good way to go and then get them flipped.. I finally found my snips so had a good tidy up underneath, those thrips have really stressed these plants out, some leaves are absolutely covered in markings.

Really hope it works for you dude. Yeh, switch to hand watering for the treatment and get that top soil drenched with the neem cake tea. 

Honestly if its bad, just go for the full 2tbsp/l and blast them. You can let it sit over night for extra oomf. Just any longer than 24hrs and it starts to really stink. :yuck: But using it in my tent multiple times a month hasn't left a bad smell, although foliar spraying probably will for a short while. 

Maybe avoid spraying with the pressure sprayer in the tent, they'd just get knocked off and still stay in the tent.

Good luck man ;)

• Like 1

Well definitely worth a shot man! Do you think in no till it would be effective just top dressing with a layer of neem cake and spraying it with a pressure sprayer every day so it's releasing the good stuff into the soill? Or maybe as you say the aeration and mixing is the important part..

Ahh you've got to love the smells that come with organics lol so many delicate nuances

41 minutes ago, Rustybiff said:

Do you think in no till it would be effective just top dressing with a layer of neem cake and spraying it with a pressure sprayer every day so it's releasing the good stuff into the soill?

Don't think the top dress would be enough for an infestation. You'll want the strong tea for treatment and top dressing for prevention :bong:

• Like 1

Trying to hold things nice and steady as the stretch comes to a close.

I've only got about 50cm from the light left and the full 300w is causing some tip burn so I'm juggling between 80 - 100% manually every other day.

They are forming some nice bud stacks, I'd be lying if I said I'm not pleased with how things are going.

There's a close up shot of the Euforia in the middle, the amount of trichs don't come through my phone camera, she smells minty and skunky.

I've noticed that I had the light too far away at some point as you can see by the stretchy stalk in the below pic. Learning loads this run, already can't wait for the next one.

large.1.jpglarge.2.jpglarge.3.jpg

Peace :bong:

• Like 4

large.signal-2023-06-02-002758_002.jpeg

Went to water today and the water was just running out the sides of the pots flooding the floor of the tent.

Seems like I've under watered over the past few days.

So had to remove the nets and the plants from the tent to clear it all up and reposition things a bit better. What an absolute fucking ball ache that was!!

I think i've got 3 too many plants in there lol

From left to right: Euforia, Strawnana, Meph 1, Meph 2, White Widow.

• Like 3

Starting to stink now. Couple of plants smell like mastiha, not sure what that's about but its prominent.
Canopy is a far cry from even, I found it quite difficult to manage 5 plants in such a small space all growing at different rates.
Anyhow, the tent is filled corner to corner, the Euforia will be the first to come down, she's about 2-3 weeks out I think. She's hiding in the back left corner can just see her top cola.
That'll give the remaining 4 some extra space to stretch out a bit and hopefully get some more light pen. It's bushy AF and I don't really want to be defoliating again. But might do.
Also coming up to their last feed in a couple of days when they hit week 7.

large.budin.jpeg

Easy :bong:

• Like 3

Today these autos have hit week 8. A couple will be coming down next week, the rest probably need another 2 weeks at least.
I've developed some burnt tips from over feeding with neem cake to battle a pretty bad gnat infestation. Keeping the soil rich and moist in this hot weather is creating perfect conditions for the fuckers so I've got to change it up a bit.
There's a lot of weed in there though, should be a decent harvest.

Peeeace

large.signal-2023-06-15-122740_002.jpeglarge.signal-2023-06-15-122740_003.jpeglarge.signal-2023-06-15-122740_004.jpeglarge.signal-2023-06-15-122740_005.jpeglarge.signal-2023-06-15-122740_006.jpeglarge.signal-2023-06-15-122740_007.jpeg

• Like 4