First grow, advice/suggestions

AutoD

Just now, Shumroom said:

Looks like it's still got a few weeks to go yet :) 

Atb

:yinyang:

Much appreciated, im using biobizz and they suggest to start flushing in the last couple of weeks, when would in your opinion be the best time to start that process?

Thanks.

Edited by AutoD

I’d actually go against what Biobizz say,

there’s no real need to flush the medium unless there’s been a lot of over feeding.

As the plant becomes closer to harvest you might want to bring the nutrients down lower than during peak flowering.

How much and what are you feeding them just now?

Atb

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Shumroom said:

I’d actually go against what Biobizz say,

there’s no real need to flush the medium unless there’s been a lot of over feeding.

As the plant becomes closer to harvest you might want to bring the nutrients down lower than during peak flowering.

How much and what are you feeding them just now?

Atb

Ah ok, yeah I have been searching about and there seems to be a split on if flushing is needed etc, even read somewhere about throwing ice cubes in the pot and watering over them, dont think i fancy that....ive stressed these two out enough as it is ill just be happy if i get them over the line :)

Im currently giving about a litre a day (pots are not the biggest and with the currenty weather they seem to be gulping it down) with 3ml Grow, Activera, algimac, bloom with 2ml top max, should I start lowering that back down over the next few weeks? based off what you have said and it neededing a couple more weeks, ill be loooking to chop around the 15th?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Yeah I’ve seen a couple of noobies talking about the ice cube flush,

obviously they’re all watching the same :wanker: off of YouTube lol 

You do get some real dodgy bro-science in the canna world.

People trying to re-invent the wheel.

Atb

• Like 2

SO I have woken up this morning and noticed some little things moving around in the medium, little white bugs flipping about the place, any ideas on how or if I need to deal with them? I think im about 6-8 days off chopping, is it worth just riding it out or is there I can get to get them under control, took a picture, its the white thing slap bang in the middle of the photo, since i watered they all seem to have headed south into the pot.

Thanks!

large.coco1.jpg

It’s either springtails (relatively harmless) or fungus gnat larvae (they eat fungus and roots).

With less than a week to go I wouldn’t worry about them :) 

Atb

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Shumroom said:

It’s either springtails (relatively harmless) or fungus gnat larvae (they eat fungus and roots).

With less than a week to go I wouldn’t worry about them :) 

Atb

ah fantastic, thanks again for the advice!

• Like 1