First grow, advice/suggestions

AutoD

Hi folks,

Looking for some advice on my two plants, this is my very first grow and I am loving it, if I had known what a chilled hobby it is I would of started many many years ago when i started enjoying the fruits as it were, Im currently growing 2 autos (1 x Simple Seeds - Purple Haze and 1x Unknown - Lemon Zkittles) growing them in a 60x60x140 tent with a Spiderfarmer SF1000, 4" extractor and filter with 1 6" fan inside, they are in fabric pots with 70% Coco, 20% perlite 10% clay pebbles. Currently using BioBizz grow/bloom/topmax/alg-a-mic

I popped the seeds straight into the final pots on the 2/4/23 and they started to show their little heads on 6/4/23, things have been going well so far up to now, but having nothing but random internet searches to go off thought id pop them in here and see if you fine people can offer any advice/guidance.

Now I think the lemon zkittles is coming along ok, however the Purple Haze seems to be growing plenty of leaves but is sitting incredibly squat in the tent, is she likely to stretch out?

I have done a little LST but as its my first grow and im very new it didnt hold but I am hopefully going to have a bit of success with that soon (if the advice goes that way)

Top picture is the Purple Haze and bottom pic is the Lemon Zkittles.

Thanks in advance!

large_Haze.jpglarge.Lemon.jpg

Edited by AutoD

Congrats on starting your first grow, AutoD :thumsup:

Plants look healthy, maybe a little small for 30 days but autos can be tricky, especially for first timers. 

What are your temps? How far is your light and is it at 100%?

• Like 4
37 minutes ago, Lubdub said:

Congrats on starting your first grow, AutoD :thumsup:

Plants look healthy, maybe a little small for 30 days but autos can be tricky, especially for first timers. 

What are your temps? How far is your light and is it at 100%?

Thanks!

Thats refreshing to hear that they look healthy, appreciate it.

Im managing to keep it at around 24.5-25.5 and about 45-55%RH during the day with the lights on, drops to about 20-21 at night, lights are on 18/6, its currently at 100% and about 16inches away from the canopy?

I'd keep them a bit warmer than that, aim for 28C during lights on if you can. 

Coco seems a little dry too, but I've never grown in coco so can't really advise. How much are you watering?

• Like 1

Thirsty, she does look like she needs more, you want those leaves to stand up proud, from what I've read coco does dry quickly. 27-28c is good when lights on. This is my 1st auto, and she's 28 days Northern and stands at 7" and growing daily. Since we have lights that are basically the same, you got spider I got viparspectra, try dropping your light down to 10"... DL app from Light meter then use their calculator, and you can keep an eye on your light level needs.

App has been a godsend for me :)

Don't know how to help you but they're late. Should be more like that at this age.

10 hours ago, AutoD said:

Im managing to keep it at around 24.5-25.5 and about 45-55%RH during the day with the lights on, drops to about 20-21 at night, lights are on 18/6

20 is on the low side. If you don't have a heat mat, you could try to put the light 24/7. It won't harm them and you'll get more consistent temps.

On 02/05/2023 at 1:05 PM, Lubdub said:

I'd keep them a bit warmer than that, aim for 28C during lights on if you can. 

Coco seems a little dry too, but I've never grown in coco so can't really advise. How much are you watering?

Ive looked at the temps and have managed to increase them and hold them steady, Like alot of people have said i think ive tripped myself up a little bit with the watering side of things, before i started i read so much about how overwatering is a bigger issue than underwatering and have erred on the side of caution a little too much! I have basically been giving them about 1l of water every other day, however having now thought about it, with fabric pots etc i have not taken into consideration the fact that it is going to evaporate quicker, I have got the medium up to a nice moisture level now and am going to be a little less cautious with watering now, they have certainly perked up over the last few days! appreciate all the advice so far guys, will update in a few.

• Like 1
On 02/05/2023 at 3:16 PM, Fatboy77 said:

Are you using coco specific biobizz?

I wasnt aware there was specifics, I just have the normal bottles and am following their feeding guide for coco

On 05/05/2023 at 2:18 PM, Fatboy77 said:

You'll get an end result but it won't be as good as it would with proper coco nutes.  Biobizz make a specific range for coco for that reason.

My advice would be to get coco nutes,  but if you can't then you'll get better results by increasing the feed strength by at least 20%.  There's no food in coco, there is in compost mixes.

Thanks for the advice, I have been looking around and I cannot for the life of me find any BioBizz nutes specifically for coco?

So having sorted the watering issue out the lemon zkittles has perked up alot, the purple haze has perked up a little but is still sitting very squat, both look healthy to me, im going to leave the Zkittles alone, anyone got any ideas on what I can do with the haze to space it out? is it to late for some LST or should i prune some of the fan leaves away to open up the bud sites that seem to be stuck behind them? or should i just leave it to do its thing?

large.Lemon1.jpglarge_Haze.jpg

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, AutoD said:

cannot for the life of me find any BioBizz nutes specifically for coco?

even if you cant find biobizz nutes for coco, you want coco specific nutes bro, as @Fatboy77 points out

mystic

Leave them be, @AutoD. They've gone through some stress and too much handling won't do them any good. Keep the environment on point and let them recover. She'll stretch when she's ready.

1 hour ago, AutoD said:

what I can do with the haze to space it out? is it to late for some LST or should i prune some of the fan leaves away to open up the bud sites that seem to be stuck behind them?

I won't trim anything. LST, why not, it's no real stress for the plant. But it's not mandatory at this stage.