First grow, advice/suggestions

AutoD

Thanks for all the help so far.

Things are moving along with the Lemon zkittles, I have a couple of issues going on at the moment that im hoping people might be able to offer some further advice with

The Lemon has developed some issues with the leaves, one of my concerns is that it has stretched out quite a bit and is now very close to the light, im not sure how to address this, also there is some yellow and yellow with brown spots on  a few of the leaves but not many they are in the top section of her.

The purple haze has struggled but still looks healthy, showing signs that she is going into flower i think, I have had to raise her up off the ground to get her closert to the light as I had to raise the light as far as i could to get it away from the zkittles. ive popped some pictures below

I do have another tent arriving this week so am going to seperate them to give more space.

Thanks in advance again

large_both.jpglarge.Lemon1.jpglarge.Lemon2.jpglarge.Lemonbuds.jpglarge.PurpleHaze2.jpg

• Like 3

It looks like it might be a touch of light stress or possibly the beginning of a Magnesium deficiency.

What light is that and how far is it turned up?

But it could also be an environmental imbalance.

What is the temperature and RH?

Is it a taller tent you are getting?

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2
Just now, Shumroom said:

possibly the beginning of a Magnesium deficiency.

Doesn't Mg deficiency  affect lower leaves 1st ?

• Like 1
14 hours ago, purepotstill said:

Never had to, but I'd try super cropping here.

what would the super cropping achieve?  ive done a very small amount of reading on it, would it still be a viable option now? (I assume to level out the canopy a little?)

13 hours ago, Shumroom said:

It looks like it might be a touch of light stress or possibly the beginning of a Magnesium deficiency.

What light is that and how far is it turned up?

But it could also be an environmental imbalance.

What is the temperature and RH?

Is it a taller tent you are getting?

Atb

The worry of light stress is what's stressing me the most, as I seem to run out of space to physically remove the light further away (due to limited grow room)

I did have started giving a small amount of cal mag with their feed but have only had 2 feeds with it so far.

The light is currently at full whack as I was concerned the purple lady wasnt getting enough light be far shorter than the lemon.

the temps are sat stable at 26 during lights on with 42% R/H night time now sees about 22/23 48/50% R/H

unfortunatly due to the spaces I have available to grow/put tents I am unable to fit a taller tent (wont be able to do anything about this until I move house)

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Lubdub said:

Nice recovery over the past 2 weeks, @AutoD!

Thanks mate, had a few friends that grow tell me to bin them both off, I made the decision to just run with them and learn from what happens, but im really quite happy with it up to now (considering its my first grow and ive never really been capabale of keeping the most basic of house plants alive)

• Like 2

@AutoD Your friends are numpties, no offence. 

Do not super crop that flowering plant, the stems would be too far developed at this point and you'd just snap them right off. 

Keep it simple for your first grow imo. 

The light stress isn't too bad, if you can't move the light further away you could maybe dim it a bit if the stress gets worse. 

• Like 2
On 07/05/2023 at 11:58 AM, Lubdub said:

Leave them be, @AutoD. They've gone through some stress and too much handling won't do them any good. Keep the environment on point and let them recover. She'll stretch when she's ready.

Agree. It’s a (steep) learning curve but you’ll find your own way. In time, you’ll learn how to read the plant. Try not to mess around with them too much and another one of my early mistakes was letting the pot get too dry which again you’ll know yourself once you’ve picked up the pots a few times.

Oh and you’ve definitely come to the right place for help, fu@@in god send this lot 

Edited by 5Lip
  • Like 2

I'd probably turn the light down a touch and raise the smaller plant up to canopy level on an upturned plant pot or similar :yep:

There's a couple of ways of making sure not to overdo it with light levels,

you could try the Photone app or check out this thread 

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/420079-cheap-accurate-par-readings/

Photoperiod plants are usually much more forgiving than autos when it comes to making them bend to your will and training them to fit a space.

Atb

• Like 2

When it comes to watering I do the wet and dry cycle, watering when dry until there is run off, this works a treat for me and makes watering easier by taking out the guess work.

I do use soil though, I’m sure someone will say if you can use this method with your growing medium.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

Thanks for the continued advice, thought I would update a little bit.

So I now have both the ladies in their own tents, thnakfully the new tent was taller, so thats helped with the height/light issue I was having.

I think I have identified and corrected a PH issue I was having and things seem to be moving along nicely now.

The Lemon Zkittles seems to be doing fine and the Purple Haze is starting to stretch and go into flower so its exciting times all round!.

large.Zkittlestri.jpglarge.lemonmainW5.jpglarge.LemonbudW5.jpglarge.Hazestretch2.jpg

• Like 2

Ok so, ive run into another issue, ive lost track of when my ladies are good to be chopped, i have a note to say they popped their heads up on the 6th of April..

going off the latest pictures, how long would you folks say is left on her? its hitting around 63 days now but im aware that they were both extrermely slow/late in picking up so wondering how long extra to leave them? any advice is very much appreciated.

large.Zkittlesclose.jpg

Main Flower

large.Zkittlesmain.jpg

Side Flower

large.Zkittlesside2.jpg

Side Flower

large.Zkittrlesside1.jpg