2003 Oasis beans

HazyHashMan

11 minutes ago, HazyHashMan said:

@MeMyselfAndIGuerilla There is a load of old green paradise packs in there haven't seen what strains though. Lots of nebula but might be something else in there

Nebula was another we used to see alot of for awhile, had a unique smell similar to the drink becks. Very skunky in taste and nice potency.

• Like 3

If there's any old packs o Dutch Passion Isis in there be worth grabbing a pack one o the nicest DP strains I ever grew but they discontinued it years ago back when they started messing wi autos

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Dr feelgood said:

I think sam collected the afghani in mazar  and worked it in cali.

Ortega 15 is [maple leaf] and the mother to afghan T.:yep:

I am pretty sure if that's what Sams says he's telling one of his fairytales. Mel Frank had a video on YouTube were he says that Sam went to his on his way to get the plain to Holland and got the Afghan #1 from Mell and they was witnesses to it. Mel called it Afghan #1 long before it even went to Holland as Afghan #1 and Sam had no other Afghan seeds with him which was why he stopped to get some African #1. I need to try and find this video when I have a little time now. Mel mentioned the names of a few people well known in the cannabis industry that were at his house to see Sam off when David collected the Afghan #1 & said he had no other Afghan seeds left to take. Sounds like a haze brother story all over again from Sam. Why he can't just give the original supplier a little credit. It was the same with G13 to. Pretty sure that Nevelle mentioned it was one of the ortego cuts but not related to the Northern light over MNS. I believe that Sam used a Mazar Afghan in the early haze lines to make Skunk. Here is a list of what mell said he give Sam to take to Holland. A lot of people have confirmed Mel Franks story on this while not a single person as confirmed Sam's claims to creating Afghan#1. Infact when he was active in the skunk origins threat on ic and got asked. He conveniently banned himself from the skunk thread :banned:

$60 million a year in seed sales.

I know the five strains my colleague Skunkman Sam brought, and for almost 30 years, a large majority of the cannabis seeds sold had genetics inherited from those five — namely, Skunk #1 and Haze, which were Skunkman's, my Afghani #1 and Durban Poison, which I donated, and Hindu Kush from another breeder.

Edited by brock1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MeMyselfAndIGuerilla said:

Nebula was another we used to see alot of for awhile, had a unique smell similar to the drink becks. Very skunky in taste and nice potency.

Nebula got very bland later. I grow it a few times and to the end it was pure pond weed. Wappa ended up having big hermi problems & sensi start started dmelling like straw & burnt rubber. The last decent sensi star i had was black label seeds version.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GSZZ said:

I couldn't help myself sorry dude!! lol 

I did that 10yr ago when David said this in the skunk thread and then banned himself rather than explain his claims. Others said all he had when he got on the plane for Holland was Haze and skunk that were his original stock & everything else was gifted to him at Mel's house. Over 10yr as past and he still ain't explained why he made this claim. If he wasn't lying then he would of just answered imoa :unsure: 

• Like 3

One of the lads back in the day would always ask whoever was going to  the dam to grab packs of oasis for them,  it was a great  happy high for me, it was one of those that made me buzz happy, not depress the fuk out of me.

It binded with my receptors just right so it did, Hard to find is that.

Lots of depressed stoners around  these days  innit.

20 years have gone gone by just like that, Wow.

Where do the years go.

Nice, hope they pop. :yinyang:

Edited by HazyDaze
  • Like 4

I did a Nebula last year and I was rather impressed myself. It was a freebie too! :thumsup:

I do keep meaning to buy a pack but the seeds are mounting up and I don't have that much space. It's got me thinking now though :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, brock1 said:

Nebula got very bland later. I grow it a few times and to the end it was pure pond weed. Wappa ended up having big hermi problems & sensi start started dmelling like straw & burnt rubber. The last decent sensi star i had was black label seeds version.

I couldn't remember whether it was the black label seeds version or paradise which was the better of the 2, the nebula we seen was always full of skunky flavour - however we did see alot of wappa to which imo was complete junk. The sensi star was a limey in your face terp and a lovely after taste.. I bet this can't be found again or a close representation of it 

The nebula, wappa and sensi star all came fro nthe same source who grew them religiously alongside a stinking lemon cut he had hold of for years 

Edited by MeMyselfAndIGuerilla
  • Like 1

@Smokey McBongface No dp blueberry im afraid but they have flo, blue heaven and some other dj short bits in green packets. Not sure how old those green packs are but at least from the 90s cant find a single pic of those online anywhere as they pre date the white paper packs

@McHazy No ISIS in there unfortunately

Edited by HazyHashMan
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, brock1 said:

It was the same with G13 to. Pretty sure that Nevelle mentioned it was one of the ortego cuts

G13 cut was from sandy weinstien, ortega was seed from jim ortega.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, brock1 said:

I am pretty sure if that's what Sams says he's telling one of his fairytales.

Wouldnt put it past him.

After thinking about this thread for a bit last night, I remembered I have a few old GHS seeds, from back when they added a coloured coating to their mixed seeds (2008-2009). According to the marketing blurb from the time it is a dyed anti-pathogene and root stimulator ?

Decided to fire the big blue seed ‘El Nino’ in some dirt to see what happens.

Was probably a dud marketing idea at the time but i’m curious whether the coating helps longterm storage. 

Edited by Smokey McBongface
  • Like 3

@Smokey McBongface 1% peroxide water helps with germinating old seeds, Ga3 acid helps more too. Old seeds need lots of extra care to germinate and time. Also needs water to be changed as they take weeks to germ so the water goes stale. Way different than germing new seeds thats for sure.

Hopefully some of those beans come up for you, i hear some of green houses varieties are still good apparently

• Like 3