2003 Oasis beans

HazyHashMan

@Cajafiesta Holland was a gold mine for genetics in the 90s just a shame they made seed production illegal in 1998. That’s when all these Dutch banks started to lose parents and lines gone down hill. Serious seeds lost a load just before 2000

• Like 1

Just now, HazyHashMan said:

@OldFord been looking at there bubble berry recently, someone who’s running them atm recons it smells like the real deal bubblegum so got me excited. So many seeds so little time lol 

My unicorn plant is a real stinky pink bubblegum !     I have ran 99% of sag's gear and not had a bad one yet sir.       

I have ran it outdoors,  didnt go pink but real old school bubblegum phenos aplenty ,  indica leaning too.       Impressive ,  just wasnt pink  lol        

Black Buddha ,  Cali Train Wreck ,  Western Winds all worth a run  ,  the NL is banging .       A good few to play with.  

• Like 2

@OldFord that’s real good to hear as I wanted to try western winds at some point. People recons it’s more like the old Kali mist from the 90s than what serious seeds offer today as Kali mist 

• Like 1

Just now, Cajafiesta said:

I’ve been looking for Diamond Head casually from Sagarmatha. Hard to find. I’ll check on the black Buddha. 

Sorted i can assist :yep: ,  no probs  ,  pm you in a sec 

• Like 3

@Cajafiesta I should be in for an easy ride with Durban. It’s as quick as sativas come but has been taken to f2 or 3 I think. The f1s threw up a 16 week pheno that was culled but the f2s were in the 9-11 week range so pretty manageable. Lovely autumn colours on them too with an aniseed berry smell 

If you’re up for it, do a diary on them. 

I’d like to see a 9 week Sativa. I’m not saying I don’t believe it, but I don’t believe it lol

if you get any that go that fast I’d be suspicious of them being out crossed. But I’m a paranoid weirdo, so there’s that to consider. 

id love to see photos of the plant structure to compare against photos I’ve seen from South Africa. I’ll get around to growing my Durban eventually. It goes 16+ weeks (allegedly) and gets large in its native environment. Crazy thin, needle like leaf fingers. Be curious to see how yours works out

• Like 1

Just now, OldFord said:

Sorted i can assist :yep: ,  no probs  ,  pm you in a sec 

You’re the MVP dude! 

• Like 2

@Cajafiesta Could be outcrossed then but I’ve always heard Durban is one of it not the fastest pure sativa about but could be stories spread by breeders. Dutch passion use to claim theres was pure but now they list it as skunk in it too. 

ill dm you a link to an 85 thread icmag diary of these beans as mods don’t allow links to other forums as per site rules. Dave done a real good job reviving the line and the cobs he made look amazing 

Wasn't Oasis a North light in seed form. I think it was Northern lights #1 and Nevelle originally grow it out but give it away because he like his other Northern lights Mother’s better? 

• Like 1

Just now, brock1 said:

Wasn't Oasis a North light in seed form. I think it was Northern lights #1 and Nevelle originally grow it out but give it away because he like his other Northern lights Mother’s better? 

Interesting details. If it is number one it should tell on itself, I would think? 
As I understand the number one should be short squat heavily Indica and pretty similar across Phenos. Or at least that’s how AKbeanbrains nl1 manifests. 

• Like 2

@brock1 It’s northern lights #2 in seedline says Neville helped Dutch passion make it, maybe @Antonio_DutchPassion knows more ?

I think your right i can remember it was a northern original old Northern lights but definitely not #5

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HazyHashMan said:

@OldFord that’s real good to hear as I wanted to try western winds at some point. People recons it’s more like the old Kali mist from the 90s than what serious seeds offer today as Kali mist 

Cracking plant to be had from Sag mate,   pics in my '21 diary from a light dep run in the garden ,   you could smell her streets away lol         

Idicanna Jones running one as we speak in his diary :yep:     I got some for next year , not fit enough this year  ,  will be out with OSG's  Strawberry Mist.

Sorry i cant tag 

• Like 2

As if by magic @OldFord.... I present to you .... Western winds in a tiny wardrobe, not long been flipped. Smells are currently noted as "profound"..... 

large.643d744053f21_DSC_12612_copy_1500x1892.jpg

• Like 9

6 hours ago, brock1 said:

Wasn't Oasis a North light in seed form.

Oasis is or was nl#2 x nl#2 hacked from the seed bank of hollands nl#2.

nl#2 was bred by nevil when he crossed a afghan kush pheno of greg mcalisters1984 f1 Wa hawaiian, thai x steve murphys82 afghan, and then crossed it with kush 4 from jim ortega. :yep:

• Like 11

9 hours ago, Dr feelgood said:

Oasis is or was nl#2 x nl#2 hacked from the seed bank of hollands nl#2.

nl#2 was bred by nevil when he crossed a afghan kush pheno of greg mcalisters1984 f1 Wa hawaiian, thai x steve murphys82 afghan, and then crossed it with kush 4 from jim ortega. :yep:

Is 82 Afghan the one Sam brought to Holland? I know Nevelle collect a mazar Afghan but I am not sure he ever actually used it to make seeds. I tried once to follow the old Afghan line but found it more complicated than rocket science. Half have 2-3 different name's. :bangin: